Howard Cosell was fired for saying "little monkey"

remember Jimmy the Greek? fired
Then he added, "the black is a better athlete to begin with, because he's been bred that way. Because of his high thighs that go up into his back. And they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs.

"This all goes back to the Civil War, when, during the slave trading, the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he would have a big black kid. That's where it all started."
etc
'JIMMY THE GREEK' FIRED BY CBS FOR HIS REMARKS

This nonsense has been going on for decades. Being a Redskins fan I remember this play and Cosell's comment. I could not believe the backlash he got for his play by play comment about Alvin Garrett. He had nothing but respect for Alvin.

Howard Cosell Racist Comment

Howard Cosell is dead. If he had respect for Garrett, he would have never called him a monkey.

This nonsense has been going on for decades. Being a Redskins fan I remember this play and Cosell's comment. I could not believe the backlash he got for his play by play comment about Alvin Garrett. He had nothing but respect for Alvin.

Howard Cosell Racist Comment
Been a while since I read a Cosell book but I don’t think Howard got canned for the ‘little monkey’ comment?

Forum List

Back