How WRONG is the NRA

The money that Clinton set aside for police in the schools was cut out of the budget by Obama.
There were police in my school when I was in jr. and sr. high. They were good folks and friendly and it stopped most of the violence in the school. Police are local and not federal so it doesn't put the "feds" in our schools. It does make the kids safer.

to paraphrase "For the protection of our kids. . .lets arm all the schools"

Really, NRA. I know you guys are mostly a spokesman for the gun makers and not us normal citizens. And a world where everyone has a armed guard would no doubt boost your profits. . .but are these companies going to, out of the goodness of their hearts, give these firearms for free? and the training?

No Mr NRA? You want us to pay?

You want us to Arm schools when the trend in violence in schools is down, a straight downward trend since the 90s without those guns?

You want us to pay a expenese, that could put seatbelts on EVERY school bus in the united states, and save thousands more lives?

Or you want us to pay that expense, instead of maybe mandating flu shots for kids (save 4x as many kids as spree shootings took in 2012)

Or maybe lighting helmets? for our kids? that would be a even investment vs. school shootings

The issue isn't that schools aren't unsafe, mr NRA. The issue isn't criminals (who normally shoot each other, not our kids . . .and even that, they are shooting less than ever).

The issue isn't more guns in a school to be used by accident, to shoot a ups driver, or to stop a kid from throwing a temper tantrum, to settle a domestic violence episode, or even suicide - ALL OF WHICH ARE MORE LIKELY THAN STOPPING a 1 in 4 million spree killing.

The issue is crazy people getting guns, and having the ability to load these up with more bullets than kids.

Lets take the NRA at what they are, the ones who benefit from EVERY human being having a gun and using those guns to settle everything.

What I figure we need to do is put cops in the schools, movie theaters, and shopping malls, anywhere where people gather.....instead of out on the streets giving out speeding tickets. Use video cameras to police the streets.

Maybe the cops might appreciate getting the exercise. Most of them are overweight around here. Have them walk a beat on the school grounds. Issue them decent shoes so they can walk around and get in shape rather than sitting in a squad car waiting on speeders.

If you say the trend for violence is going down this will crater the trend.

Let the teachers carry concealed weapons. The fact that people wont know if they have weapons or not should be a significant deterrent.

Not sure why anyone should have to give up their second amendment rights just because they work in certain locations.

Forum List

Back