How would you turn around the economy?

Yeah, I wouldn't being doing a white guy a favor handing him Bush's fucked up economy. Shame on me. Get any mexican president.

Blaming Bush is too fucking gay, s0n!

images

How the hell can you post that with a straight face after the money Obama has blown through. Bush did spend but Obama partied.

Jesus Christ, how you gonna pay for all that? Tip.....we are operating in the red.

Tax rate of 90% Lmfao

Sunsetting the Bush tax cuts, closing loopholes, capturing revenue from tax cheats, cuts to the military, upping the hedge fund manager taxes, 90% on bonuses from our top executives (thank you very much), and a wider tax base from all the new hires...

I forgot to add.. New Tariffs on Chinese goods until they stop messing with their currency.

Anymore questions?

LOL

So let me get this straight.... You want to cut some spending, add taxes and not even come close (but make good ground) to closing the deficit... Then you want to possibly OUTSEPND what you just cut and taxed so that the deficit goes right back up? This will help the economy when businesses give you blow back for higher taxes and when the US credit ratting is downgraded...

It's like putting a bandaid on a wound and then taking a knife and stabbing yourself in the other leg and letting it bleed out...

Um no.

And you are forgetting the savings accrued from not having to constantly bailout the "To big to fail" financials due to common sense regulations..like reinstating Glass-Steagall.

That's what added heavily to the deficit in 2009. TARP.

"Here here on the return of the fairness doctrine!
Yeah...That'll really get the economy a-rollin!"

Would break the power of the moron Tea Party, Demagogue BSers like Rush and Savage...Wouldn't have grandstanding fake crises like the debt ceiling, oh all kinds of right wing horse patoot: Kenyan marxist Muslims, ground zero mosque, the NBPP, lazy black and unemployed hysteria,the brown invasion, black helicopters and work/health ID paranoia, etc, BRAINWASHED PUB DUPES!! tyvm
Reform Lobbyists, go green, MAKES MONEY!

Last edited:
invest what? stupid? isn't that just buzzword retardeddimocrat talk for another stimulus package up the azz of America? Why do you hate America so much?

It isn't my fault that you don't understand basic economics. Infrastructure investment creates jobs which increases revenue. People with jobs BUY stuff (and pay taxes).

When you serve in the military, then and only then can you question my love of my country, fuckwad.

The thing that annoys me most about Republicans is that they make vote for Democrats.

I think you are the one who doesn't understand economics. Or politics.
Infrastructure investment is bullshit. There is no infrastructure that the gov't is going to invest in that will generate any return. You mght as well pay one group to dig ditches and another group to fill them in. That's how productive gov't infrastructure projects are.

Oh yea. I didnt serve in the military and you are still an America-hater, pal.

That is patently untrue. We do indeed get returns on our investments. How can you even say that with a straight face, seriously? Business uses this infrastructure to market or deliver products, you imbecile.

I'm an American veteran that loved my country enough to serve it with distinction for 20 years. What have you been doing in that time, asshole.

The thing that annoys me most about Republicans is that they make vote for Democrats.

Pubs: Pass the ten jobs bills you're obstructing, and quit the BS fearmongering and holding the economy hostage. Bring back the fairness doctrine, bring back civil political discourse, and force banks to make good loans and corps to hire. Make the forty hour week real and give everyone a one month paid vacation after a year.

Here here on the return of the fairness doctrine!
Yeah...That'll really get the economy a-rollin! :rolleyes:

No it wouldn't get the economy rolling but it would prevent the mindless sheeple from only hearing one side of the issues. What do you think our founding fathers meant by free press?
Free from what?

As far as the economy goes NONE of the suggestions I have heard so far will matter at all unless we end the FED.

Best answer thus far.

Or the weirdest answer so far... How are you going to pay for all of this? I bolded what I like, but the rest seems a bit, unrealistic... Education becomes free, how?

You save the $Trillion worth of student loan debt. The USG only needs a few professors to create the online education content. It would only need to fund this one virtual university that creates online content that Americans could watch & learn from on their own time at their own pace around their jobs. The savings would be enormous & per citizen education levels would rise.

Look at all the tech companies that were started with college drop-outs. These people only need to access the high tech classes they need to create their product. Innovation would speed up. After their company grows they would study management. Learn as you go or as you need.

Your ideas are not all bad but in the end you seem to believe that it will cost next to nothing. If its Government run it will cost more than you can imagine. I believe if Government got out of education we would see something like you describe but when done on a privet level you would get much better education and a lower cost.

Your idea is already bad because you forgive all student loans but of course that is a lie... You have tax payers pay for all of this, even the monthly internet services. And again what's to stop people from just going back to school? Who will pay for their housing/food that current loans cover? Now that its considered "free" and Government has a full monopoly, I'd bet tax payers cover 2k a month rent for people, hell kids living at home would end up paying their parents because now the Government is covering the cost vs just living at home.

More or less your "idea" is open to amazing amount of exploitation and in due time someone will make it law to do these things because it buys them votes. If you believe the program will stay small, hell, if you believe it will start small then you really have not followed what Government does to programs.

Serious answers would be appreciated.

Tax Reform. A radical reassessment of the tax system is desperately needed. And it is a reason I believe Obama might agree with: fairness. The fair tax is a start in a debate that needs to happen. Right now we have a system where 51% of Americans pay zero income tax.

Cut and Combine Federal Agencies. Redundancy is a problem in the federal government. There are many agencies that simply can be cut, others that should be merged.

End the Wars. It has taken us longer to defeat a bunch of third world red necks in Afghanistan than it did to conquer Nazi Germany. Along with ending those conflicts, a drastic foreign policy reform is called for.

Increase Domestic Oil Production. Reduce relations/aid with the Middle East and all other countries where a democratic government that respects human rights, including religious freedom, has not been established. America should no longer deal with dictators, period.

Monetary Reform. There are steps that need to be taken immediately to strengthen American currency and ensure its value. This can only occur with the repeal of the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and its replacement of reform legislation.

Balanced Budget Amendment. To ensure America's credit rating and to be able to fully keep the faith of the Treasury bills it sells to investors, a constitutional requirement of financial saneness must be adopted.

Drug Reform. The prison system should be taken out of the hands of corporations and more of a focus of rehabilitation should be placed on non-violent drug addicts. The drug war, a war being waged on Americans, has failed. The POW's of the war are disparagingly black. This does not help a people that have historically been persecuted.

Tariffs Increased. Tariffs should be increased on goods shipped from countries that do not respect the rights of its people. Plants like the Apple Iphone factory in China, where several suicides have occurred, offer an unfair advantage to civilized society--American society--and tariffs should be increased.

Elect Ron Paul.

Sunsetting the Bush tax cuts, closing loopholes, capturing revenue from tax cheats, cuts to the military, upping the hedge fund manager taxes, 90% on bonuses from our top executives (thank you very much), and a wider tax base from all the new hires...

I forgot to add.. New Tariffs on Chinese goods until they stop messing with their currency.

Anymore questions?

LOL

So let me get this straight.... You want to cut some spending, add taxes and not even come close (but make good ground) to closing the deficit... Then you want to possibly OUTSEPND what you just cut and taxed so that the deficit goes right back up? This will help the economy when businesses give you blow back for higher taxes and when the US credit ratting is downgraded...

It's like putting a bandaid on a wound and then taking a knife and stabbing yourself in the other leg and letting it bleed out...

Um no.

And you are forgetting the savings accrued from not having to constantly bailout the "To big to fail" financials due to common sense regulations..like reinstating Glass-Steagall.

Like I said, you want to cut some (big) bad things and replace them with... big bad things. It's really weird man. How you decribe TARP now is how many of your programs will be decribed in the future.

It isn't my fault that you don't understand basic economics. Infrastructure investment creates jobs which increases revenue. People with jobs BUY stuff (and pay taxes).

When you serve in the military, then and only then can you question my love of my country, fuckwad.

Infrastructure investment is bullshit. There is no infrastructure that the gov't is going to invest in that will generate any return. You mght as well pay one group to dig ditches and another group to fill them in. That's how productive gov't infrastructure projects are.

That is patently untrue. We do indeed get returns on our investments. How can you even say that with a straight face, seriously? Business uses this infrastructure to market or deliver products, you imbecile.

I'm an American veteran that loved my country enough to serve it with distinction for 20 years. What have you been doing in that time, asshole.

Serving is great but that doesn't make your opinion on non military discussions any more important than the next person.

This sounds pretty good to me

Take A Chainsaw To The Budget - Stossel's Take Blog - FoxBusiness.com

Defense cut by 2/3: $475 billion (Federal Budget, pg. 58)

Medicare/Medicaid*: $441 billion (Cato Institute)

Social Security Means Testing: $170 billion (Heritage Foundation)

Eliminate Dept. of Education (includes Pell Grants): $106.9 billion (Cato Institute)

Social Security*: $85.7 billion (Cato Institute)

Eliminate Dept. of Transportation: $84.8 billion (Cato Institute)

Tax Amnesty: $80 billion (Rep. Jared Polis D-Co.)

Eliminate Dept. of Labor*: $78.6 billion (Department of Labor and White House)

Eliminate HUD: $60.8 billion (Cato Institute)

Eliminate Dept. of Agriculture*: $33 billion (Cato Institute)

Cut civilian employee compensation: $30 billion (Cato Institute)

Stop maintaining vacant federal property: $25 billion (Heritage Foundation)

Eliminate Foreign Aid: $21.2 billion (Cato Institute)

Eliminate Dept. of Energy*: $20.8 billion (Cato Institute)

Eliminate NASA: $19.6 billion (Cato Institute)

Federal Drug War: $15 billion (White House)

Earmark moratorium: $16 billion (Heritage Foundation)

Eliminate Fannie/Freddie Subsidies: $14 billion (Federal Housing Finance Agency (p. 10))

Eliminate Dept. of Commerce: $13.9 billion (Department of Commerce)

Eliminate Dept. of Interior: $12 billion (White House)

Legalize Pot, Online gambling, Immigrants: $12 billion (Rep. Jared Polis D-Co.)

Privatize Army Corps of Engineers: $10.6 billion (Cato Institute)

Cut federal employee travel budget: $10 billion (Heritage Foundation)

Eliminate National Science Foundation: $7.4 billion (National Science Foundation)

End EPA’s State and Local grants: $6.5 billion (Cato Institute)

Repeal Davis-Bacon: $6 billion (Republican Study Committee)

Privatize TSA: $5.7 billion (Federal Budget)

Cut Dept. of Justice’s State and Local grants: $5 billion (Heritage Foundation)

Privatize Post Office: $4 billion (White House)

Eliminate Small Business Administration: $1.8 billion (Small Business Administration)

Lease coastal plain of ANWR: $1.5 billion (Heritage Foundation)

Eliminate Federal Flood Insurance: $1.3 billion (CBO, pg. 3)

Abolish SEC: $1.3 billion (SEC)

Eliminate Corporation for National Community Service: $1 billion (Cato Institute)

Suspend acquisition of federal office space: $1 billion (Heritage Foundation)

End subsidies for public broadcasting: $500 million (Cato Institute)

Eliminate the Neighborhood Reinvestment Corp: $480 million (Heritage Foundation)

Eliminate the FCC: $439 million (FCC)

Eliminate the Endowments for Arts/Humanities: $332 million (NEA/NEH)

Total Cut: $1,882,619,000,000

Current deficit: $1,645,000,000,000

Surplus Achieved: $237,619,000,000

(Research by Maxim Lott and Charles Couger.)

Read more: Take A Chainsaw To The Budget - Stossel's Take Blog - FoxBusiness.com

Here here on the return of the fairness doctrine!
Yeah...That'll really get the economy a-rollin! :rolleyes:

No it wouldn't get the economy rolling but it would prevent the mindless sheeple from only hearing one side of the issues. What do you think our founding fathers meant by free press?
Free from what?

As far as the economy goes NONE of the suggestions I have heard so far will matter at all unless we end the FED.
The only "freedom from" that is even relevant is freedom from force and fraud....Especially that coming from politicians and bureaucrats.

Sorry, but if you're only hearing one side of any issue in this day and age, that's your problem....Moreover, the Orwellian-ly dubbed "fairness doctrine" presumes that there are only two sides to any given issue.

None of which has any bearing over economic growth.

Anyways I'm out. Lots of good ideas and also a lot of bad ideas. It's weird that some people feel that cutting some spending and raising taxes is somehow going to cover other massive spending programs (their ideas).

Liek I said vote for me, you get free health care and a house/cars. If you don't think it's possible it's because you hate the middle class, right?

Stop closing a blind eye to big business buying off politicians and in effect running the Country

LOL

Um no.

Like I said, you want to cut some (big) bad things and replace them with... big bad things. It's really weird man. How you decribe TARP now is how many of your programs will be decribed in the future.

Looking back with clarity now it is undeniable that certain people created absolute terror to secure hundreds of billion in funds through TARP. Congressmen were told if it wasn't passed martial law would go into effect. Kanjorski Reveals Paulson's Closed-Door TARP*Threats - Home - The Daily Bail)

And when the Congress attempted to find out where all that money went, the Federal Reserve told them no. It took the Supreme court to force them to release that information.

You keep believing the propaganda, proving negative. That is the how this administration justifies constant failure: "It would have been worse..."

Last edited:

And businesses pay through the nose to use it... check into all the fees and taxes incurred to truck a load of goods cross country.

And for your information, I've been working my ass off to support a myriad of useless shit bags who sit on their ass all day and do nothing except collect gubmint money.... so lighten up...

LOL

Um no.

First off..good regulation saves money. Canada proved that. They have a "boring" banking system that hasn't required bailouts.

Second..most of the spending that I advocate for..has benefits. Like education. An person with a higher education makes more then one with a lower education. In other words..they pay more into the system in the long run in terms of taxes.

Same with the Space Program. Even stuff that seems like a waste, actually benefits the country AND private industry in the long run. Our measly expenditure has yielded some very real and profitable earth bound technology. Additionally, the people working on these projects have some very practical high tech engineering experience.

Infrastructure building and upgrades are another huge investment that seems big..but pays off big in the long run. Take High Speed Rail. That would encourage people to live in places that normally wouldn't be attractive. Like the "Fly Over" states.

No doubt..initial investments would be costly..but in the long term..they pay back big.

Serving is great but that doesn't make your opinion on non military discussions any more important than the next person.

Nobody is saying it does, but it DOES make questioning MY love of this country rather stupid, don't you agree?

Forum List

Back