How would you turn around the economy?

Serious answers would be appreciated.

One thing that would work would be a United States lottery. The last data I remember seeing was how Texas profited 4 billion in 2004 alone from it's state lottery. If we had a United States lottery in every state and made the winnings 100 percent tax free, than gave like 10 to 20 percent of the revenue to each state it would bring in Billions if not hundreds of billion each year.

Pubs: Pass the ten jobs bills you're obstructing, and quit the BS fearmongering and holding the economy hostage. Bring back the fairness doctrine, bring back civil political discourse, and force banks to make good loans and corps to hire. Make the forty hour week real and give everyone a one month paid vacation after a year.

Invest in infrastructure...and not just our crumbling roads and bridges, but our technology infrastructure as well. We are woefully behind other countries when it comes to our broadband technology and it hurts us economically.

invest what? stupid? isn't that just buzzword retardeddimocrat talk for another stimulus package up the azz of America? Why do you hate America so much?

It isn't my fault that you don't understand basic economics. Infrastructure investment creates jobs which increases revenue. People with jobs BUY stuff (and pay taxes).

When you serve in the military, then and only then can you question my love of my country, fuckwad.

The thing that annoys me most about Republicans is that they make vote for Democrats.

Education becomes free, online.

All I know is, when people brainstorm, ideas can become reality. For instance, "Forgive Student Loan Debt to Stimulate the Economy" is brilliant, IMO.

Why is screwing creditors a brilliant idea? And who in his right mind would lend to students again if the loans were simply forgiven?

Pubs: Pass the ten jobs bills you're obstructing, and quit the BS fearmongering and holding the economy hostage. Bring back the fairness doctrine, bring back civil political discourse, and force banks to make good loans and corps to hire. Make the forty hour week real and give everyone a one month paid vacation after a year.

Here here on the return of the fairness doctrine!

Here here on the return of the fairness doctrine!
Yeah...That'll really get the economy a-rollin! :rolleyes:

Invest in infrastructure...and not just our crumbling roads and bridges, but our technology infrastructure as well. We are woefully behind other countries when it comes to our broadband technology and it hurts us economically.

invest what? stupid? isn't that just buzzword retardeddimocrat talk for another stimulus package up the azz of America? Why do you hate America so much?

It isn't my fault that you don't understand basic economics. Infrastructure investment creates jobs which increases revenue. People with jobs BUY stuff (and pay taxes).

When you serve in the military, then and only then can you question my love of my country, fuckwad.

The thing that annoys me most about Republicans is that they make vote for Democrats.

I think you are the one who doesn't understand economics. Or politics.
Infrastructure investment is bullshit. There is no infrastructure that the gov't is going to invest in that will generate any return. You mght as well pay one group to dig ditches and another group to fill them in. That's how productive gov't infrastructure projects are.

Oh yea. I didnt serve in the military and you are still an America-hater, pal.

Omg my brain is gonna explode hahaha... How do you "forgive student loans" anyway? Like current student loans??? Can I get a number of how much that will be, 1 Trillion, maybe 2 Trillion? Or do we just tell the schools of tax payers that hold the debt from the student "lol@you!"

What world do people live in that you can just declare other peoples personal debt "paid for" and not actually pay for anything to the person/people that the money is owed to? And what is even more amazing is this is considered “brilliant.”

Here is an Idea, vote for me for president, you will all get a 4thousand Sq foot home paid for, 3 cars of your choice and 2 billion bucks in your bank account… No no, there is no catch, I’ll just borrow the money from china and or ask the FED to print it up. Who can beat that shit? Oh wait, Health care is paid for you, for life….

Ditto.

If someone borrows money from me then I want my money back.

Student loans need to be payed back with cold hard cash as well. None of this community service bullshit.

LMAO You got my vote there my friend. Such a deal.

Introduce a new WPA - This would be concerned with real infra-structure repair, upgrades to telecommunications (such as implementing TPC IPv6, Fiber optic cables, switches, etc), high speed rail, upgrading the energy grid.
Reinstate Glass-Steagall.
Introduce Legislation that Government Contracts Must Include American Hires.
Introduce Legislation that Government Loans to Business Must Include American Hires.
Introduce Legislation that forbids American Government contracts, grants or loans to Companies who's employees are less then 70% American.
Introduce a "Maximum Compensation" law. Anything over 5 million dollars a year would be taxed at a rate of 90%.
Add teeth to Sarbanes-Oxley.
Introduce a real "Mark To Market" law.
Introduce real regulations of derivatives, Dark pools and instanets.
Adequately fund the IRS to chase down tax cheats.
Introduce funding to train or educate people displaced by the economic downturn.
Put Financial Institutions on notice that if hiring doesn't start happening domestically, the United States would introduce it's own 401k, IRA and other retirement accounts for it's employees.
Raise taxes on Hedge fund managers.
Cut foreign military bases by 90%.
Cut missile defense.
Cut the Submarine Fleet by 50%.
Pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Special forces would be left to deal with terrorist threats as they arise through predator strikes..or Spook Ops.
Reintroduce the Shuttle Program.
Fund the Space Station.
Fund a Moon Colony.
Introduce Single Payer for everyone.
Immediately get rid of the Bush Tax cuts and oil subsidies.
Introduce a "Consultant" law. No consultant can work for a firm for more then six months without a new contract or being fully hired.
Jesus Christ, how you gonna pay for all that? Tip.....we are operating in the red.

Tax rate of 90% Lmfao

Sunsetting the Bush tax cuts, closing loopholes, capturing revenue from tax cheats, cuts to the military, upping the hedge fund manager taxes, 90% on bonuses from our top executives (thank you very much), and a wider tax base from all the new hires...

I forgot to add.. New Tariffs on Chinese goods until they stop messing with their currency.

Anymore questions?

LOL

So let me get this straight.... You want to cut some spending, add taxes and not even come close (but make good ground) to closing the deficit... Then you want to possibly OUTSEPND what you just cut and taxed so that the deficit goes right back up? This will help the economy when businesses give you blow back for higher taxes and when the US credit ratting is downgraded...

It's like putting a bandaid on a wound and then taking a knife and stabbing yourself in the other leg and letting it bleed out...

End the wars

Balance the budget

End secret prisions

End the DoE

End Homeland security

Look at SS, MC/MC

End welfare

Get Government out of HC as much as possible

Let people be free to make or break themselves

Free the American people

Then look at the tax code and the possibility of lowering taxes and ending taxes on all business’s/corperations.

I agree with everything you have said except for maybe one. Most people when you say welfare think of S.S., S.S.I. and disability. These programs are paid into by citizens out of their own income and are entitled to receive benefits if the worse case scenario should happen and they need to draw from it.
We can end these programs but by doing so what happens to the money that was paid into from workers incomes. I for one would demand my money back in full if they suddenly ended the S.S. programs.
The problem with these programs aren't due to those receiving benefits, but rather from the Government borrowing out the funds since the S.S. program was started.

I do not mean to end SS. If anything I would want to phase it out by allowing an option for younger people to opt out. I would like to see the funds un-touchable by politicians first.

- Drill Baby Drill to lower current energy prices. This will create jobs now.

- Tax Oil to subsidize sensible domestic renewable energy. As future energy cost climb these current domestic renewable energy investments will become cheap.

- Upgrade the power grid. This will create jobs now.

- Provide free education online. Allow students to take test to determine their education level after they study from the free online education.

- Eliminate student loan program since the education would be free online.

- Get high speed network to every household that has students in it.

- 1 year employer tax cut for each unemployed person they hire.

- Cut Medicare, Medicaid & Healthcare funding.

Best answer thus far.

Or the weirdest answer so far... How are you going to pay for all of this? I bolded what I like, but the rest seems a bit, unrealistic... Education becomes free, how?

You save the $Trillion worth of student loan debt. The USG only needs a few professors to create the online education content. It would only need to fund this one virtual university that creates online content that Americans could watch & learn from on their own time at their own pace around their jobs. The savings would be enormous & per citizen education levels would rise.

Look at all the tech companies that were started with college drop-outs. These people only need to access the high tech classes they need to create their product. Innovation would speed up. After their company grows they would study management. Learn as you go or as you need.

Drilling Here & Now would create energy jobs lower fuel prices which would help the rest of the economy & create more jobs. Taxing oil would not bring the end user cost up to where it was before the Drill Baby program lowered it. This tax money will be used to build the sensible domestic renewable energy & upgrade the power grid.

The 1 year employer tax cut for each unemployed person they hire would be paid for with the money we save on unemployment, foodstamps & welfare.

Last edited:
Why do you hate white people?

Yeah, I wouldn't being doing a white guy a favor handing him Bush's fucked up economy. Shame on me. Get any mexican president.

Blaming Bush is too fucking gay, s0n!

images

From whence are the funds for these "investments" supposed to come, Santa Claus?

Serious answers would be appreciated.

1. Tariffs on imported manufactured goods that we can make in the USA
2. A truly progressive tax system.
3. A total revamp of campaign finance laws.
4. WPA work for people trying to find work.
5. No duel citizenship.
6. Stop the flow of illegal immigrants.
7. Stop creating an Economic international EMPIRE that only serves a small percentage of the world's population

A lot of these ideas are way more complex than one can explain in this place, but those would the direction I'd take this nation toward.

Forum List

Back