How would you turn around the economy?

It isn't my fault that you don't understand basic economics. Infrastructure investment creates jobs which increases revenue. People with jobs BUY stuff (and pay taxes).

When you serve in the military, then and only then can you question my love of my country, fuckwad.

The thing that annoys me most about Republicans is that they make vote for Democrats.

I think you are the one who doesn't understand economics. Or politics.
Infrastructure investment is bullshit. There is no infrastructure that the gov't is going to invest in that will generate any return. You mght as well pay one group to dig ditches and another group to fill them in. That's how productive gov't infrastructure projects are.

Oh yea. I didnt serve in the military and you are still an America-hater, pal.

That is patently untrue. We do indeed get returns on our investments. How can you even say that with a straight face, seriously? Business uses this infrastructure to market or deliver products, you imbecile.

I'm an American veteran that loved my country enough to serve it with distinction for 20 years. What have you been doing in that time, asshole.

The thing that annoys me most about Republicans is that they make vote for Democrats.

What infrastructure is going to allow businesses to market or deliver their products more efficiently than they do right now? Bridges to nowhere? Airports to nowhere? Rail stations out of use for 20 years?

I think time in a penitentiary is not considered "honorable service" but I could be wrong. And I take "asshole" from someone like you as a compliment.

Introduce a new WPA - This would be concerned with real infra-structure repair, upgrades to telecommunications (such as implementing TPC IPv6, Fiber optic cables, switches, etc), high speed rail, upgrading the energy grid.
Reinstate Glass-Steagall.
Introduce Legislation that Government Contracts Must Include American Hires.
Introduce Legislation that Government Loans to Business Must Include American Hires.
Introduce Legislation that forbids American Government contracts, grants or loans to Companies who's employees are less then 70% American.
Introduce a "Maximum Compensation" law. Anything over 5 million dollars a year would be taxed at a rate of 90%.
Add teeth to Sarbanes-Oxley.
Introduce a real "Mark To Market" law.
Introduce real regulations of derivatives, Dark pools and instanets.
Adequately fund the IRS to chase down tax cheats.
Introduce funding to train or educate people displaced by the economic downturn.
Put Financial Institutions on notice that if hiring doesn't start happening domestically, the United States would introduce it's own 401k, IRA and other retirement accounts for it's employees.
Raise taxes on Hedge fund managers.
Cut foreign military bases by 90%.
Cut missile defense.
Cut the Submarine Fleet by 50%.
Pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Special forces would be left to deal with terrorist threats as they arise through predator strikes..or Spook Ops.
Reintroduce the Shuttle Program.
Fund the Space Station.
Fund a Moon Colony.
Introduce Single Payer for everyone.
Immediately get rid of the Bush Tax cuts and oil subsidies.
Introduce a "Consultant" law. No consultant can work for a firm for more then six months without a new contract or being fully hired.

I agree with most of that. 90% tax on 5 million or more?

You're approaching it from the we're broke angle. We aren't. End the occupations of our military in other countries and we can easily afford rebuilding our OWN.

I'm approaching it form the "money doesn't grow on trees" angle, you simpleton.

Did I call you a name that I'm not aware of? Why would you feel it necessary to call me one?

Stimulus works to get a stagnant economy going and we NEED desperate infrastructure building and repair. Put people back to work and PAYING taxes and we no longer have a money problem.
Right on!
Let's propose a stimulus program of nearly $1T to fund shovel-ready jobs and assure funding to states. Let's also use the money to buy back old junky cars and let people buy brand new fuel efficient ones. We can also help fund first time home buyers and save the housing market.
Brilliant.

Oh, wait.

Stop closing a blind eye to big business buying off politicians and in effect running the Country

Stop closing a blind eye to politicians that accept pay offs in effect letting others run the country.

Serious answers would be appreciated.

Most important... Realize that in today's world capital spans boundries and reform our tax to account for this fact instead of pretending we live in the 80's and trying to address "national capital stock".

3 Key Tax reforms:
1) Eliminate Corporate Income Tax so all investors US and International can grow returns (and jobs) tax free
2) Tax capital gains at income tax levels as lower capital gains doesn't improve US capital stock in an international finance market
3) Institute a 20% wealth export tax for corporations. If they have 10B in Revenue and spend/invest 10B in the US then they pay no tax. If they transfer $1B overseas then they pay 20% on the $1B.

Second realize the most people spend all their disposable income on Food, Housing, Transportation and Medical care. If we want to increase demand then we must reform the two most inefficient sectors of the four (Medical and Energy) to generate free cash which can be spent on other goods...

Key Program Reforms
1) adjust Obamacare to add more cost saving measures. But realize we pay for Medical care very inefficiently and don't go back to the old model.
2) invest in basic research for new energy technologies that would provide a step function break-through in cost.

Introduce a new WPA - This would be concerned with real infra-structure repair, upgrades to telecommunications (such as implementing TPC IPv6, Fiber optic cables, switches, etc), high speed rail, upgrading the energy grid.
Reinstate Glass-Steagall.
Introduce Legislation that Government Contracts Must Include American Hires.
Introduce Legislation that Government Loans to Business Must Include American Hires.
Introduce Legislation that forbids American Government contracts, grants or loans to Companies who's employees are less then 70% American.
Introduce a "Maximum Compensation" law. Anything over 5 million dollars a year would be taxed at a rate of 90%.
Add teeth to Sarbanes-Oxley.
Introduce a real "Mark To Market" law.
Introduce real regulations of derivatives, Dark pools and instanets.
Adequately fund the IRS to chase down tax cheats.
Introduce funding to train or educate people displaced by the economic downturn.
Put Financial Institutions on notice that if hiring doesn't start happening domestically, the United States would introduce it's own 401k, IRA and other retirement accounts for it's employees.
Raise taxes on Hedge fund managers.
Cut foreign military bases by 90%.
Cut missile defense.
Cut the Submarine Fleet by 50%.
Pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Special forces would be left to deal with terrorist threats as they arise through predator strikes..or Spook Ops.
Reintroduce the Shuttle Program.
Fund the Space Station.
Fund a Moon Colony.
Introduce Single Payer for everyone.
Immediately get rid of the Bush Tax cuts and oil subsidies.
Introduce a "Consultant" law. No consultant can work for a firm for more then six months without a new contract or being fully hired.

I agree with most of that. 90% tax on 5 million or more?
See income caps put in place at 5 million dollars.
Jane and Dick Rich Person don't like Caps stopping them from making what is fairly earned.
See Dick and Jane Rich Person stop working at 5 million dollars.
The government waves 'bye bye' to that tax revenue.

Bye bye, tax revenue, bye bye!

See Dick and Jane Rich Person move.
Move Dick Move!
Move Jane Move!
See Dick and Jane Rich Person living in the Cayman Islands and keeping their fairly earned money!
Smart Dick!
Smart Jane!

The government is now sad and poor again.

Forum List

Back