How would you respond to a text message like this from your mother??

If your mother is a bitch ignore her.

You don't owe her anything

That says a very great deal about you also.
Really?

What does it say?

That my mother was an addict that died when I was 14?
Have you ever wondered what happened in her life to go down that path?
There usually is another part to the story.

The problem with addicts is that everything they say is a lie

I love the poster who mentioned her will. Great move for this mother. If she can't think of anyone to leave her estate to, remember charities. The punk doesn't deserve a dime.

If she is always pushy like that, then just ignore it. If it was a one time thing, then ok. But, sounds like it isn't.

However, perhaps you could call once a week or twice a month on Sunday or something? Then she could look forward to that. Just be polite. Doesnt' have to be some big deal. If she drones on about something you don't wish to talk about, change the subject. Just be pleasant.

How come I was able to go 5 weeks without talking to her when I was in college???????????? Now that I am a grown man and living on my own she all needy and shit[/QUOTE]

She may be feeling older and more vulnerable at this stage in life. If she was a terrible mother, then maybe you should block her. If she was a decent mother then, give her a bit of leeway and just do a twice a month call or something of pleasantries. Take her lunch now and then. But, only you know the backstory.

How come I was able to go 5 weeks without talking to her when I was in college???????????? Now that I am a grown man and living on my own she all needy and shit

She may be feeling older and more vulnerable at this stage in life. If she was a terrible mother, then maybe you should block her. If she was a decent mother then, give her a bit of leeway and just do a twice a month call or something of pleasantries. Take her lunch now and then. But, only you know the backstory.
She's afraid he's gay. And she's not wrong.

My mom has a habit of sending aggressive text messages. She sent a text to me saying."give me a call when you get a chance between Friday and Sunday? HUH?

I told her she can't tell a grown person when to call her back. Have you ever heard of something this crazy? My mom's excuse was......."You should have time for your mother". I tried telling her I have a NEW LIFE but she refuses to adjust and wants things her way. That type of text comes off like telling someone YOU HAVE 2 DAYS to return my back. She is about to be BLOCKED

She should block you.

You are lucky she didn't abort your ass when you were an embryo.

My mom has a habit of sending aggressive text messages. She sent a text to me saying."give me a call when you get a chance between Friday and Sunday? HUH?

I told her she can't tell a grown person when to call her back. Have you ever heard of something this crazy? My mom's excuse was......."You should have time for your mother". I tried telling her I have a NEW LIFE but she refuses to adjust and wants things her way. That type of text comes off like telling someone YOU HAVE 2 DAYS to return my back. She is about to be BLOCKED

You're a hard man, Charley Brown.

How the fuck can you tell someone when to call you back?

Change your phone number and move to a distant land.

You just summed up my entire relationship with my Mother. I am...nope. Not going to tell my age...but I haven't been a child for a very long time.

Forum List

Back