How would you react to your 3 yr old getting Molested?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
By your son (the girl's brother)?
The father in this story killed his son. I doubt I would have taken it that far, but I definitely would have beat the shit out of my son.

If he raped her? I probably would have reacted like the father in this story.

Note: If a stranger molested my daughter. I would shoot the fucker without thinking twice.

While what I think this father did was wrong, I think their should be leniency against him. I personally would put him on probation.

Mom just wanted dad to help her with son | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
Jamar, 15, had confessed to her that he had inappropriate contact with his 3-year-old half-sister in his father's home on Newport on Detroit's east side.

"I called and told his father this isn't something you sweep under the rug," Cherry said Wednesday.

Jamar Pinkney Sr. showed up at Cherry's house in Highland Park on Monday afternoon with a gun, she said.

"He started beating him right here," Cherry said from her living room. "I said, 'No, please stop!' "

But the father marched Jamar, a sophomore at King High School, outside.

“He got on his knees and begged, ‘No, Daddy! No!’ and he pulled the trigger,” Cherry said from her home on North Street in Highland Park. “There wasn’t nothing that my son wouldn’t do for his father. He loved his father so much.”

Jamar was shot once in the head.

Cherry said the 3-year-old's mother took the girl to a hospital to be examined Sunday. But she said her son claimed he didn't rape the little girl and kept his clothes on.

The exam showed no physical evidence of sexual trauma, Cherry said. Still, she added, he knew he was wrong.

"He told because he knew it wasn't right," she said.

Detroit police spokesman John Roach said Wednesday that the department does not have any record of the family or local facilities reporting a sexual assault involving a little girl at Pinkney's home in the 5700 block of Newport.

I'm not sure what I would do, but I know that I would never shoot him no matter what.

I love hugging my boys at ages 1.5 and 4.5...and I'm sure I will still love hugging them when they are 15...or when they are 45...and no matter what they did, I would still love them.

While I don't condone either the 15 yr. old's actions nor the father's actions, I will say that this issue is probably more common than people would like to believe. Not the shooting - the inappropriate contact with younger children, be they siblings or not.

IF it is true that he didn't rape the girl and she was not severely traumatized by whatever he did do, she will be more traumatized by the fact that her brother was shot for coming forward about something that may not have been a huge deal.

Is it worse for a child to suffer an inappropriate touch, which may be somewhat dealt with through the years and therapy or to know that her brother was executed by their father for it?

The boy came forward, told his mother about it and the father (from the account, at least) didn't stop long enough to hear the boy's confession, find out exactly what happened or anything. A tragic loss of life and destruction of a family that needn't have happened.

Last edited:
I don't think he'll win any Father-of-the-Year awards.

bilde

Yepper, and stupid hot headed people love guns. The righties love them to help comfort their fears.

btw I am a multiple multiple gun owner and have a CC opermit.
I am NOT an NRA member.

Lots of intelligent, level-headed people love guns too. I bet there are even lefties who love them. But we can just use sweeping generalizations if we prefer not to be realistic. :)

They won't give me a CC permit for my Red Ryder. Bummer. And I'm not an NRA member either. :eusa_shhh:

Yepper, and stupid hot headed people love guns. The righties love them to help comfort their fears.

btw I am a multiple multiple gun owner and have a CC opermit.
I am NOT an NRA member.

Lots of intelligent, level-headed people love guns too. I bet there are even lefties who love them. But we can just use sweeping generalizations if we prefer not to be realistic. :)

They won't give me a CC permit for my Red Ryder. Bummer. And I'm not an NRA member either. :eusa_shhh:

I enjoy shooting guns but hope I never have to kill anyone else for the rest of my life.

I'm not sure what I would do, but I know that I would never shoot him no matter what.

I love hugging my boys at ages 1.5 and 4.5...and I'm sure I will still love hugging them when they are 15...or when they are 45...and no matter what they did, I would still love them.

1.5 and 4.5. Damn near the age my oldest are!

By your son (the girl's brother)?
The father in this story killed his son. I doubt I would have taken it that far, but I definitely would have beat the shit out of my son.

If he raped her? I probably would have reacted like the father in this story.

Note: If a stranger molested my daughter. I would shoot the fucker without thinking twice.

While what I think this father did was wrong, I think their should be leniency against him. I personally would put him on probation.

Mom just wanted dad to help her with son | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
Jamar, 15, had confessed to her that he had inappropriate contact with his 3-year-old half-sister in his father's home on Newport on Detroit's east side.

"I called and told his father this isn't something you sweep under the rug," Cherry said Wednesday.

Jamar Pinkney Sr. showed up at Cherry's house in Highland Park on Monday afternoon with a gun, she said.

"He started beating him right here," Cherry said from her living room. "I said, 'No, please stop!' "

But the father marched Jamar, a sophomore at King High School, outside.

“He got on his knees and begged, ‘No, Daddy! No!’ and he pulled the trigger,” Cherry said from her home on North Street in Highland Park. “There wasn’t nothing that my son wouldn’t do for his father. He loved his father so much.”

Jamar was shot once in the head.

Cherry said the 3-year-old's mother took the girl to a hospital to be examined Sunday. But she said her son claimed he didn't rape the little girl and kept his clothes on.

The exam showed no physical evidence of sexual trauma, Cherry said. Still, she added, he knew he was wrong.

"He told because he knew it wasn't right," she said.

Detroit police spokesman John Roach said Wednesday that the department does not have any record of the family or local facilities reporting a sexual assault involving a little girl at Pinkney's home in the 5700 block of Newport.

I would not shoot him. It was a bad thing to confess to, but who knew if it was even accurate? The kid may have had schizophrenia, for all we know. The girl had no physical trauma.. which doesn't mean nothing happened, but still, it doesnt indicate anything happened either.

This is just so tragic.. I am neutral on the whole leniency thing. I can see how someone would lose their mind over something like this, on one hand.. but with their own child.. and after driving all the way home, as well?

This is a terrible situation made absolutely tragic and unfixable.

Forum List

Back