CDZ How would you peacefully sway a corrupt system?

How would you try to alter the course our corrupt political system is on?

• Call for a nationwide strike of the entire workforce

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Devise peaceful national protest demonstrations

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Pray and simply hope for the best

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pray, endure and wait for the big dogs to lose their tails (the world markets will take care of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else please explain

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No clue

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Lobbying should be made illegal and prosecuted because it's nothing more than bribery.
The people in politics or bureaucrats to go from political positions straight into corporate big bucks is definitely a scam that should be limited too.

I once thought one solution was to get rid of elections entirely. Rather, have our officials conscripted in a draft to serve a specified period and then go home. There should be some standards, such as the ability to read, but no more of these popularity contests. They serve their time and they go home. But that has its own problems as it shifts a lot more power to the bureaucracy. Ultimately, you can't get away from the problem that it isn't the system that is causing the problem - it's the people in the system.
If a decent person goes into politics they are subjected to all of the corrupt BS and false accusations that go along with it. Back in the early 90's I did a get out to vote campaign in our small town that was being slated by bankers to be taxed into oblivion for the same could develop there. 198 of the 200 eligible voters came out and voted that year when it was normally just 89-98 voters who showed up. I was arrested on bogus charges the night after the election. A dear friend who is an attorney was furious. He said "I can't get a warrant on a known drug dealer and felon from a judge much less a night warrant". He told me night warrants were for extreme hardened criminals. Even if you rock the political boat a little you do become a target of the corrupt ones who are throughout.

Find a way to marginalize the nutters. Maybe distract them with a shiny object. Get them to find a new hobby.

Normal, open-minded adults can collaborate and innovate, but they're being drowned out right now.
Who gets to decide who the nutters are?

Rod says

1. The system was not corrupted by peaceable means.

2. Do you seriously believe that you can un-corrupt it peacefully?

3. If you do not know how it was corrupted then how can you possibly believe you have a peaceable solution?

What he is saying is to peacefully do it I guess we have to step up, piss fast, zip up and haul ass.

I recall how a few nasties on here wanted this little union abolished for sticking up for their rights. Small but powerful union is at center of port dispute
Not sure about everyone else but I think they did a bang up job. Here in the Midwest there were definitely some empty shelves. Nor sure about everyone else but personally if I were working on a dock I would demand that professionals that know what they are doing are working there. Those big old cranes, containers, and all that equipment isn't the kind of equipment I would want just anyone operating if I was working there.

If everyone went on strike against California lawmakers and their corrupt judiciary, etc. would it make a difference? I can't help but wonder.

If the whole labor pool of the country went on strike demanding Constitutional law and the Bill of Rights be followed would lawmakers, the mega-corps and corrupt bureaucrats get a clue? What would the corrupt lawyers do sue everyone?
The best way I know to change a corrupt system is change the media.
Everything begins with the media.
The only way they won't be able to effect our elections is hold them accountable for what they publish.
Take their money and put them out of business for publishing fake news.
Go after Google, Facebook, YouTube, and all of the rest and hold them accountable to the public. No more one-sided advocacy for Democrats. Sue the BaJesus out of them.

Then you go after the liars in congress and impeach them one by one.
Kick them out of congress.

Rod says

3. If you do not know how it was corrupted then how can you possibly believe you have a peaceable solution?

What he is saying is to peacefully do it I guess we have to step up, piss fast, zip up and haul ass.

I recall how a few nasties on here wanted this little union abolished for sticking up for their rights. Small but powerful union is at center of port dispute
Not sure about everyone else but I think they did a bang up job. Here in the Midwest there were definitely some empty shelves. Nor sure about everyone else but personally if I were working on a dock I would demand that professionals that know what they are doing are working there. Those big old cranes, containers, and all that equipment isn't the kind of equipment I would want just anyone operating if I was working there.

If everyone went on strike against California lawmakers and their corrupt judiciary, etc. would it make a difference? I can't help but wonder.

If the whole labor pool of the country went on strike demanding Constitutional law and the Bill of Rights be followed would lawmakers, the mega-corps and corrupt bureaucrats get a clue? What would the corrupt lawyers do sue everyone?
The only way they won't be able to effect our elections is hold them accountable for what they publish.
Go after Google, Facebook, YouTube, and all of the rest and hold them accountable to the public. No more one-sided advocacy for Democrats. Sue the BaJesus out of them.

That would be a good start.

With huge truck loads of peaceful cash.

Make it illegal to serve more than 2 terms in any Senate or Congressional seat. The President only gets two terms why should Other pols be able to live off the people forever. Repeal all laws that give lifetime benefits to Political figures at the Federal level. Americans shouldn't have to keep paying after they leave office.
Term limits aren't going to change anything as long as the people remain ignorant, uninvolved, and apathetic.

We get the government we deserve. We elected a corrupt flim-flam artist and we have a thoroughly dishonest executive who is corrupt beyond repair. The 2020 election may extricate us from this mess by voting the blob out of office but, even then, the Democrat will spend most of her/his time restoring the government

Orange man is the straightest man in government we've had for a long time, douchebag.
Probably since Truman.
I agree to a point but there are some things like this appointment of Henry Kerner to the Special Counsel for the United States Office of Special Counsel that are very disheartening. That doesn't look like an act of "draining the swamp" to me.

Whoever it is that whispers names into Trump's ear is not good.

Lots of interesting ideas, taking Money out of politics, could that do it? the march or strike wont happen, we need to join together in order too clean up both party's. starting to admit that both party's are a mess, and stop making excuses for every thing your party does & blaming the other, both party's have some good ideas & both party's have LOTS of crazy dumb ideas .

Start hanging the corrupt sumbitches! :mad:

It was tried when trump was impeached. Sadly, Moscow Mitch and his band of bitches decided corruption was the right of the corrupt President of the United States. Thankfully, we the people decided to kick trump's fat ass into the gutter where he belongs.

Rod says

That would be a good start.
It’s funny,you took the words right out of my mouth.

Rod says

No. But peaceful protests, done correctly will cause the corruptocrats to go batshit crazy and launch attacks that will turn off the undecideds.

Then the war begins in earnest. The problem is you simply can not harm innocent civilians. The government will do that, so the revolutionaries MUST NOT.

There has to be a clear division between the evil government, and the virtuous revolutionary.

Rod says

No. But peaceful protests, done correctly will cause the corruptocrats to go batshit crazy and launch attacks that will turn off the undecideds.

Then the war begins in earnest. The problem is you simply can not harm innocent civilians. The government will do that, so the revolutionaries MUST NOT.

There has to be a clear division between the evil government, and the virtuous revolutionary.
A dear older friend of mine told me over thirty years ago that even though they act like they are doing nothing it doesn't mean you have not gotten their attention. He encouraged me not to give up and said I was a thorn in their side. Eventually I was basically unblacklisted, met the directors assistant, etc. The thing is though if people become complacent or once people are no longer bucking the corruption it will go back to the same ole same just possibly different players. There will always be an ongoing need for people to take a stand against injustice, abuses and corrupt entities. The fewer the people are that are willing to be complicit with illegitimate or illegal acts the cleaner things will be for all.

Another problem I believe we have is people (mainly lawyers, corrupt peeps, even smaller enterprises and corps) thinking that people should negotiate with bad behavior. It galls me when some attorney tells me I need to make a deal with someone that abuses their position or authority, It is like getting tickets or being charged for something you are not guilty of and thinking just paying the fine an going along with an abuse that is unconstitutional will make things all better. I don't have an issue with paying a fine for something that I am guilty of that is legit but if it is an abuse thing I will push back. Stores that have prices on an item and you get to the checkout and they charge you an extra dollar are irritating too (a few Walmarts do that a lot). Most will just pay the extra buck an not make a fuss. Heck some don't even pay attention to the see the overcharges. Not me I make them take it off the ticket and if they don't honor the shelf price they can put it back on the shelf (now they are suppose to put those returns in the trash or waste because of covid so some of that gets to the food banks).

The system is not corrupt people in it are. Get involved in either of the two major parties. Precinct captains wheel a lot of power inside the party. And there always empty seats needing filled. Once there work on being state delegates ,go to the conventions. You choose who the party supports for office and what policy the party will support. The reason why extremist are so effective in the parties and in government is there involved and your not!

Not sure about everyone else but I think they did a bang up job.
Holding people up and charging protection money at a port of entry is not a legitimate union tactic.
Protecting their selves via having those small unions with qualified personnel. Not sure about you but I personally owned and operating heavy equipment and I wouldn't want to be working around that all of that equipment without knowing that my coworker wasn't going to smash me to bits. People back when Kaiser Steel was still viable did not want just anyone running the cranes and equipment there either as they liked going home at night whole.

I support small unions fully!!!

Just come to the realization that the rest of the world's most successful democracies aren't communist regimes. Americans are raised believing that there is a communist threat but it's only a mechanism invented by the very wealthy so they can keep all their money.

America is the richest country in the world and the first step to take is in demanding the wealth be shared.

The very wealthy need to pay their bills to the people who earned the money for them and to the country that enabled them to be able to earn money.

It's very simple and if people are honest they will know that it's what Trump promised to do.

And now the situation is likely hopeless for another 4 years because the establishment has won again with the electing of Biden.

Forum List

Back