How would you feel if...

CaféAuLait;6591406 said:
Newspaper That Printed Gun Owner Names Hires Armed Guards

The company’s “employees are armed and will be on site during business hours through at least January 2, 2013,” the report said.

No security problems have been reported at the newspaper’s offices.

The Journal News did not return messages seeking comment. They previously released a statement to ABC News defending their decision to publish the map.

Newspaper That Printed Gun Owner Names Hires Armed Guards - ABC News

Irony.

No brilliance. They are gun grabbers. They print a list of gun owners. You freak out and complain. They know they are in no actual danger, But they know by hiring armed guards the legal gun owners will feed the frenzy and blow the story up in ways they never could. Mission accomplished suckas.

I'm not pushing anything, I saw the blurb, thought it was fit in this discussion, posted it.

Like it, don't like it, I couldn't possibly care less.

You're opinion means nothing to me.

I'm not pushing anything, I saw the blurb, thought it was fit in this discussion, posted it.

?? :confused: Who mentioned you? Is it all about you?
"Somebody" means the sources, and the Bubble they blow. In this case that's Fox Noise and the gun culture. It was never meant to be either singular or specific.
If I address you personally, I'll use the second person rather than the third.

Last edited:

"Somebody" means the sources, and the Bubble they blow. In this case that's Fox Noise and the gun culture. It was never meant to be either singular or specific.
You replied to him, you idiot!

See post #166...

You replied to him, you idiot!

No, I quoted his post, idiot. It's a point of reference. Without a point of reference I can't comment on the link. And the link is all there is -- he said nothing to reply to, Brainiac. I never referenced him personally at all -- read it. It's a reply to the link .... which is all there is in the post to reply to.

Your abject illiteracy is not my doing, nor my problem to fix.

Last edited:
You weren't clear. The first paragraph is clearly referring to the author of the linked article.
The focus of your second paragraph is ambiguous. "Somebody" refers to who? The author again? You would have been perfectly clear had you used the pronoun ''he'' again, but seeing as you are coming from an antagonist position, it is/was logical for hjmick and I to assume "Somebody" referred to him.

Hmm see how pronouns can be confusing?

You weren't clear. The first paragraph is clearly referring to the author of the linked article.
The focus of your second paragraph is ambiguous. "Somebody" refers to who? The author again? You would have been perfectly clear had you used the pronoun ''he'' again, but seeing as you are coming from an antagonist position, it is/was logical for hjmick and I to assume "Somebody" referred to him.

Hmm see how pronouns can be confusing?

No. And your lack of reading skills is still not my problem. Since the poster offered no comment of his own, there is nothing of his I could have been responding to. :bang3:

Once again, this isn't even your exchange to be confused about. HIS lack of clarity I already cleared up. Yours is irrelevant. You're not even a part of either side.

What are you doing, actually following me around to stamp out opinions you don't like? Handing out Negs because you can't think of a response?

Last edited:
your name and address were to be published in the local newspaper?

Apparently The Journal News in NY has decided it was appropriate to publish the names and addresses, including an interactive map, of all registered gun owners in Westchester and Rockland counties. I wonder whether that newspaper will have the balls to publish the consequences of such a violation of privacy?

NY Newspaper Intimidates Gun Owners By Publishing Names & Addresses :: Minute Men News

Newspaper Publishes Gun Owners’ Names and Addresses - ABC News

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/ar...1011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-

This is a classic case of a liberally biased publisher with an agenda.
The Publisher is hiding behind the NY Freedom of Information laws.
This is an attack on the privacy of those gun owners.
I believe the Putnam County authorities refused the Journal News request for that County list.

Apparently The Journal News in NY has decided it was appropriate to publish the names and addresses, including an interactive map, of all registered gun owners in Westchester and Rockland counties. I wonder whether that newspaper will have the balls to publish the consequences of such a violation of privacy?

NY Newspaper Intimidates Gun Owners By Publishing Names & Addresses :: Minute Men News

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/ar...1011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-

I believe the Putnam County authorities refused the Journal News request for that County list.

uhhh... how exactly can one "hide behind Freedom of Information laws"?
FOI means transparency -- you're actually suggesting you can hide behind something transparent?

And #2, public info and private info are opposites, and what was published was public -- so how can they attack a "privacy" that doesn't exist?

:oops:

CaféAuLait;6591406 said:
Newspaper That Printed Gun Owner Names Hires Armed Guards

The company’s “employees are armed and will be on site during business hours through at least January 2, 2013,” the report said.

No security problems have been reported at the newspaper’s offices.

The Journal News did not return messages seeking comment. They previously released a statement to ABC News defending their decision to publish the map.
Newspaper That Printed Gun Owner Names Hires Armed Guards - ABC News

Irony.

No brilliance. They are gun grabbers. They print a list of gun owners. You freak out and complain. They know they are in no actual danger, But they know by hiring armed guards the legal gun owners will feed the frenzy and blow the story up in ways they never could. Mission accomplished suckas.

:eusa_eh:

The sad thing is you probably actually believe that.

I don't think the retarded editor had a CLUE what the backlash would be. These loons think they can act with impunity and never suffer a consequence.

They also think the cops are their lapdogs. I've no doubt her hope was that frightened gun owners would get arrested as a result of her persecution and attempt to get them hurt. I think she believed that possibly blood would be shed. I think she was stunned that she couldn't get the owners arrested when they started to say nasty things. She thought that she could put people in danger and suffer no repercussions, but likewise believes that if anyone criticized her, she could have them tossed into jail.

Typical progressive loon.

Last edited:

No privacy issue involved... Gun registration is a matter of public record.

Forum List

Back