how would you feel if a creationist taught your kids science?

When did I say I cared if Scientology was taught? I could care less.

I do care about other theories being substituted for Creationism and presented as infallible, proven fact. They aren't.

I do care about all these incredible theories about the dinosaurs and early man being presented, also as fact, without any class time being given to the more plausible theories of Christian belief. It's considered "science" to come up with ridiculous stories based upon nothing but antique bones; but remain silent on archaeological evidence that supports the bible's portrayal of events.

Anything else, genius?

Except you did.

What a sad, sour, vindictive little person you are.

If my kids came home and said that, they wouldn't go back.

Also, you think Creationism has been proven but Evolution hasn't? :eusa_eh:

Lol..I had no idea Xenu was a Scientology thing.

I reiterate. So long as it's being taught as a theory, and equal time is given to other (more plausible) theories, I don't care.

Creationism is a theory, and I don't argue about the theory of evolution except as it pertains to creation, and the history of man. There's no evidence that we evolved from some other creature, and evolution in no way explains the origin of life.

See that's not that controversial.

teachcotnroversy.jpg

That's not funny. Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins.
HE HAS RISEN!

let us prey

You really don't read the thread before you post do you. Or if you do, you really have a serious reading comprehension problem.

Just because you don't think that the majority of Creationists believe the earth was created between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago doesn't mean there aren't a lot who do. Though perhaps you can show me some statistics that show otherwise.

I have lived a good long ecumenical life now having close involvement with charismatics, hard line fundamentalists, holy rollers, high church Anglicans, Catholics, Lutherans, and Methodists, evangelical groups as Baptists, old fashioned Church of Christ, and Nazarenes, and mainstream groups such as Presbyterians, Disciples of Christ, United Church of Christ as well as nondenomination groups, Jews, Buddhists, and Muslims.

Every single one of these are creationists. I did find one fundamentalist group that was teaching the literal six days theory. None of the rest did. In my lifetime I've taught, been taught by, and participated in activities with tens of thousands of religious people. I am guessing I ran across maybe 10 out of all of these that still preaches the literal six-day theory or the 6k year old Earth.

I have seen a dedicated and organized effort to dismiss ALL religious beliefs and theories as irrelevant or mythical or superstition or relegated to some other uncomplimentary class, and I've seen a lot of polls that I am 99% certain were skewed or manufactured.

I don't believe any of the polls I've seen included the money question on this topic:
Do you believe that Creationism and Evolution can coexist peacefully and rationally side by side?

I feel very secure that more than 95% of Christians asked that question would answer yes. I'm guessing that close to the same percentage would agree that Creationism should not be taught in science class, but that neither should science teach students not to believe in Creationism.

Last edited:
You really don't read the thread before you post do you. Or if you do, you really have a serious reading comprehension problem.

Just because you don't think that the majority of Creationists believe the earth was created between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago doesn't mean there aren't a lot who do. Though perhaps you can show me some statistics that show otherwise.

I have lived a good long ecumenical life now having close involvement with charismatics, hard line fundamentalists, holy rollers, high church Anglicans, Catholics, Lutherans, and Methodists, evangelical groups as Baptists, old fashioned Church of Christ, and Nazarenes, and mainstream groups such as Presbyterians, Disciples of Christ, United Church of Christ as well as nondenomination groups, Jews, Buddhists, and Muslims.

Every single one of these are creationists. I did find one fundamentalist group that was teaching the literal six days theory. None of the rest did. In my lifetime I've taught, been taught by, and participated in activities with tens of thousands of religious people. I am guessing I ran across maybe 10 out of all of these that still preaches the literal six-day theory or the 6k year old Earth.

I have seen a dedicated and organized effort to dismiss ALL religious beliefs and theories as irrelevant or mythical or superstition or relegated to some other uncomplimentary class, and I've seen a lot of polls that I am 99% certain were skewed or manufactured.

I don't believe any of the polls I've seen included the money question on this topic:
Do you believe that Creationism and Evolution can coexist peacefully and rationally side by side?

I feel very secure that more than 95% of Christians asked that question would answer yes. I'm guessing that close to the same percentage would agree that Creationism should not be taught in science class, but that neither should science teach students not to believe in Creationism.

I do not know of a practicing evangelical or Baptist that does not believe in Adam & Eve, as portrayed in bible. Literally.

That same 'belief' is not in line with Catholic teachings, so I'm a bit unsure of what you mean. Catholicism can accommodate a 'prime mover' and evolution, many of the others you cited I do not believe can.

I do not know of a practicing evangelical or Baptist that does not believe in Adam & Eve, as portrayed in bible. Literally.

That same 'belief' is not in line with Catholic teachings, so I'm a bit unsure of what you mean. Catholicism can accommodate a 'prime mover' and evolution, many of the others you cited I do not believe can.

Again you're in an area where I can claim a great deal of expertise. And I assure you that the huge majority of ALL of those groups either teach Adam and Eve as metaphorical or allow them to be believed metaphorically. When I teach Bible I tell my students that I don't require anybody to believe what I am teaching. If you think Adam and Eva or Noah et al were real, that's okay with me. If you think they were symbolic, that's also okay with me. But you will have to pass the test if you want credit and here is what will be on it. . . .

I feel the same way about science class. There is no reason for a science teacher to bring up Creationism or I.D., but if the student does, the proper response is: Creationism and I.D. can explain holes that remain in what we know of Evolution and other scientific theories, and if you believe that fine. But it is not science and it won't be part of this curriculum. You will have to pass the test if you want credit and here is what will be on it. . . .

I'm amazed public schools are allowed to teach creationism from the christian perspective.

It's gotten to the point for me that I am no longer surprised about it. Though I have to say it would be amusing if people like Allie had their kids come home and were told today in science class that frozen people were brought to earth 75 million years ago by Xenu.

What a sad, sour, vindictive little person you are.

If my kids came home and said that, they wouldn't go back.

its the same as teaching them creationism, both are equally ludicrous

We don't have to keep it separate, and there's no reason to.

there is no room for myths in science instruction

Really?

Guess we need to get rid of all the "theories". Theory is really just another word for "guess".

not a 'scientific theory'. it is not a GUESS. it is a CONCLUSION drawn from all evidence available at a point in time.

don't confuse that with one of us 'guessing' its going to be cold out tomorrow.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
there is no room for myths in science instruction

Really?

Guess we need to get rid of all the "theories". Theory is really just another word for "guess".

not a 'scientific theory'. it is not a GUESS. it is a CONCLUSION drawn from all evidence available at a point in time.

posts like this confirm alliebabe is just a troll

It should not be taught as science, but any teacher who denies creationism or intelligent design has no business teaching science at all.

This part of your post makes no sense.

Well I explained it in some detail. If you can't understand the explanation, there isn't much I can do for you I'm afraid.

Any teacher who has a mind so closed as to deny creationism or intelligent design as possibilities has a mind too closed to teach much of anything, much less science.

Point of order: Not personally believing something that has never been proved or disproved and thinking one has enough evidence to deny its existence to somebody else = fundamentalist closed mind.
And what is someone who calls a science teacher closed minded and unfit to teach because they teach that Creationism violates the First Law of Thermodynamics????? I would guess, hypocrite.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
AllieBaba: "Guess we need to get rid of all the 'theories'. Theory is really just another word for 'guess'."

With the statement above, AB has just struck out in this OP. Absolutely no need to read AB further.

:lol: I now occupy even more of Allie's signature. Though I do think she should educate herself more before trying to say I'm ridiculing Christians.

This part of your post makes no sense.

Well I explained it in some detail. If you can't understand the explanation, there isn't much I can do for you I'm afraid.

Any teacher who has a mind so closed as to deny creationism or intelligent design as possibilities has a mind too closed to teach much of anything, much less science.

Point of order: Not personally believing something that has never been proved or disproved and thinking one has enough evidence to deny its existence to somebody else = fundamentalist closed mind.
And what is someone who calls a science teacher closed minded and unfit to teach because they teach that Creationism violates the First Law of Thermodynamics????? I would guess, hypocrite.

And what is somebody who consistently puts words into the 'mouths' of other members--words that have no relationship whatsoever to the context of the message posted?

Or if that is not what you were doing, what is somebody who can't debate the topic so includes ridiculous non sequitur?

Really?

posts like this confirm alliebabe is just a troll

i think allie believes what she says. she feels that when people talk about science versus christianity, they're attacking christianity.

i think religion should be left to theologians and science should be left to scientists.

We don't have to keep it separate, and there's no reason to.

If it involves tax dollars, kiddo, yes, we do.

No, skippy, we don't. That's a myth perpetuated by the leftards, who are so far gone in their own lies they don't even know what the truth is.

No myth. Government does not subsidize religious belief taught in the classroom as science. I have no idea what leftards think, but I do know that too many far right reactionary agenda-driven activists believe the can teach religion in the public square. No so.

And after Buc went out of his way to detail how dumb I was on this topic, and has since religiously avoided the rebuttal I took some time to provide for him, I'm assuming he has no defense?

Honestly people. Could somebody explain to me why some are so apolectic and exorcised because most people do believe in some form of Creationism and/or I.D.? And why can't you just accept that, possibly even discuss it, without assumption that the same people intend to brainwash your kids or corrupt the scientific curriculum?

Forum List

Back