how would you feel if a creationist taught your kids science?

But I checked to make sure it wasn't mod red first. I'm sure it will just be a matter of minutes before you give me another choice quote for my siggy.

The fact I occupy your signature with a out-of-context quote says volumes more about you then it will ever me. :lol:

What a sad, sour, vindictive little person you are.

If my kids came home and said that, they wouldn't go back.

Oh but it's okay if Atheist Parents have their kids come home and be told that the Earth was created 6,000 years ago by God?

:lol: Hypocrite.

View attachment 12739

You really don't read the thread before you post do you. Or if you do, you really have a serious reading comprehension problem.

Oh but it's okay if Atheist Parents have their kids come home and be told that the Earth was created 6,000 years ago by God?

View attachment 12739

If it's presented as a belief or theory, you bet. Though I do know that atheists are so weak-minded they aren't capable of teaching their children their own beliefs....

You really don't read the thread before you post do you. Or if you do, you really have a serious reading comprehension problem.

Just because you don't think that the majority of Creationists believe the earth was created between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago doesn't mean there aren't a lot who do. Though perhaps you can show me some statistics that show otherwise.

But I checked to make sure it wasn't mod red first. I'm sure it will just be a matter of minutes before you give me another choice quote for my siggy.

The fact I occupy your signature with a out-of-context quote says volumes more about you then it will ever me. :lol:

It says you're a jackass.

What does it say about me?

And speaking of hypocrisy..pretty funny coming from the person who apparently saves ancient posts to flood new threads with. Talk about "out of context".

Lol...what a loser.

Last edited:

View attachment 12739

If it's presented as a belief or theory, you bet. Though I do know that atheists are so weak-minded they aren't capable of teaching their children their own beliefs....
What if I teach my students that XXXXXXX bear the mark of Cain?

So wait, you don't mind if Christianity is taught in the classroom as a belief or theory. You do mind however if Scientology is. Interesting. :eusa_think:

I don't believe that I've ever had a science teacher who was not a creationist or who at least allowed his/her students to be creationists. And I got an excellent science education without having to denounce my faith or religious beliefs.

A scientist leaves open room for all manner of theories, ideas, concepts, speculation, and even beliefs so long as such is not presented as 'settled science'. Only the most close minded would suggest that there is no way a supernatural being was involved in the process when there is no scientific method by which such a statement can be made.

It should not be taught as science, but any teacher who denies creationism or intelligent design has no business teaching science at all.

I would love to here this explained.....

no problem...you can hear it and see it explained...

Attachments

• $expelled.jpg
    $expelled.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 83
Rather than read through all the posts, I'll just respond to op. As long as the teacher taught science, i.e., evolution and big bang theories, I could care less about their personal beliefs.

OTOH if my kids were in public school and being taught Adam & Eve or a version of it as fact? I'd go ballistic.

Well it's too bad that you didn't read through the posts because you wouldn't have found any creationists who disagree with you on this. You will find a lot of anti-religion or anti-Christian types trying to accuse Creationists of all sorts of things they aren't guilty of though, saying a lot of things that aren't true, and/or inserting a lot of non sequitur.

I agree that no science teacher should be teaching Creationism or Intelligent Design. They aren't science and should not be taught as science.

But neither should any science teacher be teaching that Creationism or Intelligent Design are invalid as there is no scientific theory or basis for that either.

So wait, you don't mind if Christianity is taught in the classroom as a belief or theory. You do mind however if Scientology is. Interesting. :eusa_think:

christianity has people more reputable than L. Ron Hubbard and Tom Cruise.

And speaking of hypocrisy..pretty funny coming from the person who apparently saves ancient posts to flood new threads with. Talk about "out of context".

Lol...what a loser.

I don't save anything. :lol:

It's called knowing how to properly use the archives system we have here at USMB.

Douche, believing in God does not preclude teaching science, or believing in science.

Many mathematicians are Christian, too. I suppose you would support a sweep of the schools, like the commies and nazis are fond of doing?

allie, he didn't say someone christian. he said a 'creationist'. i know there's a difference. i hope you do, too.

and no creationist should teach science to kids. they can teach other things if they leave their beliefs at the door, but not that

I don't believe that I've ever had a science teacher who was not a creationist or who at least allowed his/her students to be creationists. And I got an excellent science education without having to denounce my faith or religious beliefs.

A scientist leaves open room for all manner of theories, ideas, concepts, speculation, and even beliefs so long as such is not presented as 'settled science'. Only the most close minded would suggest that there is no way a supernatural being was involved in the process when there is no scientific method by which such a statement can be made.

It should not be taught as science, but any teacher who denies creationism or intelligent design has no business teaching science at all.

I would love to here this explained.....

no problem...you can hear it and see it explained...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ixmLNwF9s&playnext=1&list=PLA3D6C9C847F27E6F[/ame]

Forum List

Back