How would you define rich (financially)?

What is "rich" to you (financially)?

• Having just enough money not to worry

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Having enough money that you don't need to work

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • A net worth of $1 Million or more

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A six figure annual income

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possessions, like houses, cars, boats, etc..

• Other- Explain

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I don't know

• Total voters

Zander

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2009
Los Angeles CA
What is financially rich, anyway? Most people don't equate wealth with a yacht in the Mediterranean and a house on every continent (that might be nice though!). What is rich to you?

liquid, aside from annual income of over a million......liquid as in stocks bonds assets wholly owned not under lien/mortgage.

It doesn't matter how much money you have, you aren't rich unless you have an (R) next to your name.

I've read that on the internets......

Assets in excess of a million US dollars is a good cut off. Of course those with more money usually spend more money and the outflow percentage of capitol may be close to others in a lower bracket making the rich person feel like they are not all that rich.

Its all relative.

rich is having enough money to never work another day for the rest of your life....Additionally the majority of your money is safely invested (not the market)

What is financially rich, anyway? Most people don't equate wealth with a yacht in the Mediterranean and a house on every continent (that might be nice though!). What is rich to you?

What would the money mean if one had a terminal disease?

Or despised one's spouse.

Or had no self-respect.

Rather than 'income,; rich should be define in terms how one uses whatever income one has:

'That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.'-Thoreau

I have often thought that winning the lottery would be wasted on me.

rich is having enough money to never work another day for the rest of your life....Additionally the majority of your money is safely invested (not the market)

if rich is having enough to never work again.....one could say those on perpetual welfare are rich.....:lol:

Obama originally said rich is a couple making $250k......i guess that means if your individual income is $125k you are rich....

Is "upper class" rich.....? if $97k per family is rich then i guess that means an individual income of $48.5k is considered rich....

BO seems to keep redefining (down) what it really means to be rich.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-SavgJlBLA&feature=related]Obama: families making $97,000 are "upper class" and should pay more taxes - YouTube[/ame]

How would you define rich (financially)?

Enough juice to get the government to pay the tab for my hooker habit.

By a debt to income ratio. One can look very wealthy on paper, but their indebtedness can be very high which would negate any reality of wealth.

Forum List

Back