How Would You Answer the Qestion about GM?

I'm for giving it to the people. I would also add the stock in Chrysler, AIG and Citigroup.

and since the democrats are "for the people" they'll vote for Alexander's proposal right?

I would not look for this to happen anytime soon, it does give one pause though. How can the same entity that makes regulations for other private companies also be in comeptetion with with those same companies? Some might call that an unfair advantage, however, I think that the day's of GM are behind them unless this company can be quickly broken apart and sold. Many seem to be somewhat skeptic about buying a car from the Govt. and if this is an indication of how the consumers will react then it does not bode well for GM. I think Roger Penekse's model for Saturn is a great solution for all the divisions of GM and the rest of them should be sold as QUICKLY as possible to make the taxpayers whole. I find it interesting that one of the groups responsible for the demise of GM should end up having a ownership stake in the company while all the Bond holders get nothing. You know them, the rich people, Teachers, Firefighters, Police, and many others. So don't look for your GM shares to come in the mail anytime soon.

Forum List

Back