How would this have gone differently if guns were illegal?

If the man hadn't have been able to get a gun in the first place then what?

If the man had been able to buy a gun but it had cost a lot more, and he knew it was more likely to be confiscated by the police if ever found, then what?

Some facts. The US locks up more people than every country except one. It's lock up rate is 707 per 100,000, only the Seychelles has higher. England and Wales has 148. So, for every prisoner in the UK, the US has 4.7.

The US has a murder rate of 4.7 per 100,000. The UK has 1.0 per 100,000.

Supposedly locking people up helps reduce crime.

Louisiana has the highest incarceration rate in the US, and higher crime rates than most states. Clearly that doesn't work.

The US has more guns, more murder, more people in prison. Simple.

Making sense gets you nowhere with gun nuts.
Arms ownership is part of the Constitution… why do you call people "gun nuts" who actually respect and uphold the Constitution and not pissing on part of it you don't like.

The framers had a lot of good ideas. This wasn't one of them.

Do you realize that Americans use guns over 2 million times a year on average to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.....
Yeah, the last time this bullshit stat was brought up I issued a challenge.

For there to be 2,000,000 instances a year where guns were used to stop a VIOLENT CRIMINAL ATTACK, that would be 5,480 times a day, every day. You'd figure about 1/2 of them would make the news. Yet that challenge went unanswered.

So I will now issue it to you. Find me 50 links to individual times where a gun was used to stop a VIOLENT CRIMINAL ATTACK in the US next Wednesday. I would bet you can't find 20 much less 50, and certainly not 2,740 times which would be half.

The statistic is pure bullshit. Just like you.

Here you go dipshit.....this is a pretty good list and it doesn't cover the times guns are used and no shots are fired, the guy is merely held for police or slightly injured........it is rare that good people acctually have to kill their attackers....

Defensive Gun Use

If the man hadn't have been able to get a gun in the first place then what?

If the man had been able to buy a gun but it had cost a lot more, and he knew it was more likely to be confiscated by the police if ever found, then what?

Some facts. The US locks up more people than every country except one. It's lock up rate is 707 per 100,000, only the Seychelles has higher. England and Wales has 148. So, for every prisoner in the UK, the US has 4.7.

The US has a murder rate of 4.7 per 100,000. The UK has 1.0 per 100,000.

Supposedly locking people up helps reduce crime.

Louisiana has the highest incarceration rate in the US, and higher crime rates than most states. Clearly that doesn't work.

The US has more guns, more murder, more people in prison. Simple.

Arms ownership is part of the Constitution… why do you call people "gun nuts" who actually respect and uphold the Constitution and not pissing on part of it you don't like.

Do you realize that Americans use guns over 2 million times a year on average to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.....

For there to be 2,000,000 instances a year where guns were used to stop a VIOLENT CRIMINAL ATTACK, that would be 5,480 times a day, every day. You'd figure about 1/2 of them would make the news. Yet that challenge went unanswered.

So I will now issue it to you. Find me 50 links to individual times where a gun was used to stop a VIOLENT CRIMINAL ATTACK in the US next Wednesday. I would bet you can't find 20 much less 50, and certainly not 2,740 times which would be half.

Thanks dipshit....this is a pretty good collection site for defensive gun uses..."The Armed Citizen" is also pretty good........

And please link to all 8,454 gun murders and their stories in local and national news.....or they too do not exist....right? Moron.

And here is another nice source to learn about defensive use of guns....and they also make my point...

Two additional points are worth noting. First, the map is not comprehensive. Criminals will often flee the scene when they discover that their intended target has a gun. With no shots fired, no injuries, and no suspect in custody, news organizations may report nothing at all. Thus, it is important to remember that news reports can only provide us with an imperfect picture of defensive gun use in America. Second, when a citizen is able to shoot an attacker or hold a rapist or robber until the police arrive, it is very likely that more than one crime has been prevented because if the culprit had not been stopped, he could have targeted other citizens as well. The bottom line is that gun owners stop a lot of criminal mayhem every year.

Guns and Self Defense Cato Institute

Here you go dipshit.....this is a pretty good list and it doesn't cover the times guns are used and no shots are fired, the guy is merely held for police or slightly injured........it is rare that good people acctually have to kill their attackers....

Defensive Gun Use

I see 2 listed from 7/25. You said it happens 5,480 times a day, every day. You have 5,478 to go dip shit. And no, a gun being "used" where it is not used doesn't count. At no point did I say they had to be a dead perp...nice try at moving the goalposts.

Get busy.

YOUR STAT was 2,000,000 times a year or 5,480 times a day (on average). So far, you showed two. Pretty lame; even for you.

Forum List

Back