How would Dems like it;

peach174

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
S.E. AZ
If Unions were for the Repubs instead of Dems?
How would Dems like being in a union that forced you to join in order to have that job and then force you to pay dues that went for Repubs?
The WI bill gives the rights back to the union worker by having the right not to pay your dues if you don't agree with what your union is doing for you.

Well it's another example to me that we have to get rid of lobbyists money period.

How would Dems like it;

Unions often support Republican candidates.

Please learn some history.

Its not about the Republicans or the Dems....it is about the workers

If the workers decide they need to collectively bargain to protect themselves, they should have the right.

How would Dems like it;

If the workers decide they need to collectively bargain to protect themselves, they should have the right.

That's correct :thup:.

And to answer your question, Peach, I'll be honest. I wouldn't like it, just like you probably don't like that they're primarily for Dems.

But there's a reason they're primarily for Dems. Unions represent their constituents, who are by definition, someone's underlings. They would have no reason to support the Republican party because the Republican party does not advocate for workers; they advocate for the wealthy and corporations.

How would Dems like being in a union that forced you to join in order to have that job and then force you to pay dues that went for Repubs?
The WI bill gives the rights back to the union worker by having the right not to pay your dues if you don't agree with what your union is doing for you.

That's it in a nutshell. Gov. Walker is trying to give people "choices" which I guess is something else the dems have been lying about.. I thought they believed in "choices" see? you cannot trust a democrat. Anyway,, that's what is going to happen Wisconsin will become a right to work state.

These workers who opt-out of the union, do they by default opt out of the the benefits the union has achieved for them over the years? Do they agree to work for less money, give up health benefits, pay for their own safety equipment, work seven days per week etc...

Or do they just collect all the benefits unions provide without paying any of the associated costs, aka freeriders?

How would Dems like it;

do you believe in FORCED UNIONIZATION?

Why haven't the Republicans given workers a better shake? How would the Republicans like it if all that corporate largess went into Democrat coffers rather than influence Republican votes?

Seems there are a lot more working stiffs in America than corporate CEOs.

Follow the money and you'll understand.

The law allows you to opt out of the portion of your union dues that goes to political purposes.

You can't be forced to join a union.

You can be required, by your employer, to pay dues to the agency your employer has agreed to bargain with.

That's your employer's mandate, not the union's.

They would be repubs and then their heads would implode.:lol:

I believe that the workers of a given facility have the right to vote for or against union representation. In that case ALL workers benefit from any negotiated salary or working conditions. I don't believe a worker should be able to opt out of the union and still benefit from being in a union shop

I believe that the workers of a given facility have the right to vote for or against union representation. In that case ALL workers benefit from any negotiated salary or working conditions. I don't believe a worker should be able to opt out of the union and still benefit from being in a union shop
When I was in college, the steel mills (still operating then) offered summer jobs to college kids. I remember my first paycheck (in the summer of 1975) and staring at it with amazement! I had summer jobs as a high school student making minimum wage.

Then, I noticed a deduction for union dues. I questioned my foreman as I had not joined the USW Local.

"The union members fought for the wages and benefits you now see in your check." he explained.

I never questioned paying that relative pittance for union dues after that.

That's correct :thup:.

And to answer your question, Peach, I'll be honest. I wouldn't like it, just like you probably don't like that they're primarily for Dems.

But there's a reason they're primarily for Dems. Unions represent their constituents, who are by definition, someone's underlings. They would have no reason to support the Republican party because the Republican party does not advocate for workers; they advocate for the wealthy and corporations.

I am a registered Dem. What I don't like is the Union bosses who are way to far left wanting to represent their unions with only their political views and not all of their workers.

Forum List

Back