How would a John Kerry appointment to Secretary of Defense be viewed by veterans?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Or Secretary of State?

Will veterans be able to put aside the shameful things he has said about those who have served America during wartime?

He's a traitor. Sided with Hanoi Jane. Probably a HUGE fan of Liberals.
Vets - not so much. He's a piece of shit.

Many veterans came out against him in '04....which is why he felt the need to bring a Military theme to his DNC Nomination.

My husband and I are veterans and we voted for Kerry. It would be ann OK choice but I think there are others who could do it just at well or better. I'm not rah, rahing for him and since he's back in the senate, don't have an opinion one way or the other about him right now.

Get over Vietnam already. Worst thing that ever happened to the USA. No fault of servicemen who should have our undying gratitude.

Kerry was a war hero who saw the truth, and was the victim of a Karl Rove character assassination/big lie.

Kerry speak:

You know, education--if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq"

It is impossible to describe to you exactly what did happen in Detroit, the emotions in the room, the feelings of the men who were reliving their experiences in Vietnam, but they did. They relived the absolute horror of what this country, in a sense, made them do.

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

Iraqi Bloggers Central: John Kerry Speaks, The Soldiers Respond

Or Secretary of State?

Will veterans be able to put aside the shameful things he has said about those who have served America during wartime?
No. He will not be accepted as SecDef by the majority of veterans and those currently serving. If Obama appoints him, that will show exactly how little he cares about the military.

Or Secretary of State?

, but I think Ms. Rice will be a better choice.

Based on what?

Based on this fact:"The United States Ambassador to the United Nations is the leader of the U.S. delegation, the U.S. Mission to the United Nations. The position is more formally known as the "Permanent Representative of the United States of America to the United Nations, with the rank and status of Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, and Representative of the United States of America in the Security Council of the United Nations"; it is also known as the U.S. Permanent Representative, or "Perm Rep", to the United Nations.

The U.S. Permanent Representative, currently Susan Rice, is charged with representing the United States on the U.N. Security Council and during almost all plenary meetings of the General Assembly, except in the rare situation in which a more senior officer of the United States (such as the U.S. Secretary of State or the President of the United States) is present. Like all United States ambassadors, he or she must be nominated by the U.S. President and confirmed by the Senate.

Many prominent U.S. politicians and diplomats have held the post, including Adlai Stevenson II, George H. W. Bush and Madeleine Albright."
United States Ambassador to the United Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and this:

"The Secretary of State is a senior official in the Federal Government of the United States of America heading the Department of State, principally concerned with foreign affairs and is considered to be the U.S. equivalent of a foreign minister.[2][3]

The Secretary of State, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, is a member of the President's Cabinet, the National Security Council, and is the highest-ranking appointed executive branch official both in the presidential line of succession and the order of precedence."
United States Secretary of State - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obamination would have a revolt on his hands with current military officers and Vets.

Mr Ketchup is a piece of shit and not worthy of either job, but making him SecState is better than letting him vote in the Senate. He can go roam the Earth and pontificate to others around the world for laughs.

Give him the SecState job and his endless airline tickets to never come back to the USA.....maybe get him lost in some African jungle.

No, but then again what right does an old grunt who served his country have in determining who is SOD.

hanoi_hilton_songbird.jpg

John McCain seriously violated the Military Code of Conduct by trading "military information" and making numerous public statements that appeared favorable to the communist war effort in exchange for "special treatment."

John McCain: The Manchurian Candidate

There is nothing he has done as my Senator for decades or as a soldier that makes me believe he is qualified to be DOD Sec. What Obama believes may be different because he and I agree on little.

New Topics

Forum List

Back