How will YOU survive the collapse?

The shoot HUGE gars on Toledo Bend, at night mostly, and when they turn the water loose in the tailrace below the dam.

Poacher's dream weapon for all game.....takes a time or two to hit the fish and not it's reflection...once the head's prongs open ya got it.

I've done a little bow fishing for gar. I learned real quick to make sure you shoot at them from the rear, not the front. Those scale are armor plating!
Shoot them with a bow with a reel and an arrow attacked to the reel........

The shoot HUGE gars on Toledo Bend, at night mostly, and when they turn the water loose in the tailrace below the dam.

Poacher's dream weapon for all game.....takes a time or two to hit the fish and not it's reflection...once the head's prongs open ya got it.

I've done a little bow fishing for gar. I learned real quick to make sure you shoot at them from the rear, not the front. Those scale are armor plating!

Not that simple. Especially with a reel attacked to a bow.

Did it all day long on Lake Texoma...

423265.jpg

My sons were on the banks of the Guadalupe, and the oldest shot a 25 lb carp with his AK, and turned to the youngest and said, "Top that".

About that time a 150 lb+ gar came up and grabbed the carp, and the youngest nailed the gar right between the eyes with his .45-70.

NOBODY tops the youngest at anything.

Did it all day long on Lake Texoma...

You'll have to explain the attacked bow.

My sons were on the banks of the Guadalupe, and the oldest shot a 25 lb carp with his AK, and turned to the youngest and said, "Top that".

About that time a 150 lb+ gar came up and grabbed the carp, and the youngest nailed the gar right between the eyes with his .45-70.

Not interested in trash fish like suckers or carp...the aim is to take a basking bucket mouth or plump rainbow.....they're so fast you'll earn your breakfast.

Not interested in trash fish like suckers or carp...the aim is to take a basking bucket mouth or plump rainbow.....they're so fast you'll earn your breakfast.
They wuz a plinkin' bro.

Youngest headed to Wisconsin any day now, made the national college bass fishing finals.

He can catch them with a safety pin and dental floss.

They wuz a plinkin' bro.

Youngest headed to Wisconsin any day now, made the national college bass fishing finals.

Plinkin with a .45-70. :badgrin: I heard he's an ace....me I still limit out with a Zebco 33...got half a dozen of em....never could figure out how to use a regular spinning reel....of course I always fished drunk on my ass until I found Jesus.

They wuz a plinkin' bro.

Plinkin with a .45-70. :badgrin: I heard he's an ace....me I still limit out with a Zebco 33...got half a dozen of em....never could figure out how to use a regular spinning reel....of course I always fished drunk on my ass until I found Jesus.
Oh, he is a big, big boy, and he and one of his buds were on a tear, loading that .45-70 to the maximum.

I had that gar pic somewhere, I'll have to see if he can email it to me again.

Oh, he is a big, big boy, and he and one of his buds were on a tear, loading that .45-70 to the maximum.

My favorite day fishing was with my new father-in-law.....SOB grabbed a nice smallmouth I'd SNAGGED with a hula-popper and threw it back in....like I'd violated some sacred fucking creed in Carbondale, Ill. So next cast on my back swing I took the cap of his head and cast it out into the middle of the pond. He wouldn't speak to me the rest of the afternoon. :lol:

It's not cool to bowhunt gar any more, as they're one of the few things big enough to eat the asian carp. Carp-infested states need to protect the big gar, pikes, catfish and stripers. Gonna sting the fisherman for a while, but when things get back under control, they can relax the limits.

My favorite day fishing was with my new father-in-law.....SOB grabbed a nice smallmouth I'd SNAGGED with a hula-popper and threw it back in....like I'd violated some sacred fucking creed in Carbondale, Ill. So next cast on my back swing I took the cap of his head and cast it out into the middle of the pond. He wouldn't speak to me the rest of the afternoon. :lol:
I had some good times fishing with my ex-FIL.

Once he stepped on a loose board on a pier and fell into a freezing pond.

I later regretted saving his sorry ass.

Conservatism and liberalism are two opposite human tendencies. The former emphasizes tradition, thrift, stability, order, and safety. The latter emphasizes replacing the old with something new, investment, progressive revolution, creativity, and personal freedom. A society requires both in balance to remain healthy. Too much of the former stifles innovation and growth and ultimately leads to a brittle, static culture in which any attempt at progress must be actively prevented. Too much of the latter removes any safeguard against one's fellow man and ultimately leads to a chaotic state of permanent revolution. Our own society has relatively recently traded the sickness of an excess in the former for an excess in the latter, though we're still watching the pendulum swing unstoppably farther and farther in that direction. What this means is that we're, well, pretty much fucked - and will be especially so when one of the two parties we're allowed to have finishes crumbling and we're left with a de facto single party state. How are you planning to survive the devastation?

If the middle class and poor would stop voting for Republicans it won't.

Forum List

Back