how will you do? citizenship test

:eusa_whistle:
You answered 100% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

0-20%: Maybe you're still thinking too much about the Old Country.

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score.

65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.

85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)

Trick question:

11. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the federal government. Which of the following is NOT a federal power?
To declare war
To print money
To declare treaties
To provide education

The enumerated power is to coin money --thereby doing the dual duty of declaring specie as lawful money-- not to print up worthless fiat currency out of thin air.

Oh yeah...Aced the test.

I'm embarrassed to say that I thought the number of amendments to the Constitution was a prime number.

Ah, but what's four constitutional amendments between citizens, eh?

Happy Birthday America.

Trick question:

11. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the federal government. Which of the following is NOT a federal power?
To declare war
To print money
To declare treaties
To provide education
The enumerated power is to coin money --thereby doing the dual duty of declaring specie as lawful money-- not to print up worthless fiat currency out of thin air.

Oh yeah...Aced the test.
I see your point but Elected Gubamint types will say that there is nothing in the Constitution that says you can't destroy the currency!

90 percent. Never can remember if Maine was an original State.

Just remember that Maine it's too cold to live in Maine.

Therefore no self respecting enlightened 18th century person would live there.....

....hence since it was empty, it wasn't part of the original 13.

At least thats the way I am able to get to the answer through association.

Trick question:

To declare war
To print money
To declare treaties
To provide education

Oh yeah...Aced the test.

True enough.

But does it say what the coins are to be made of?

No

Of course, the current US coinage is as fiat as the paper, so your point, while technically correct, really doesn't have score many points.

You want to elimiate the FED, that I understand.

And I'll even assume that we have essantially the same complaints about the Fed, but I'm not a hard currency kinda guy like you apparently are.

FWIW corript kings and governments have been shaving coins (debasing them) for thousands of years.

For exactly the same reason that our government has been issuing fiat dollars, too, I'll note.

Ther type of money isn't the problem, amigo.

The type of leaders we elect is the real problem.

The debasement of our money is merely a symptom of the disease.

Woodrow Wilson was president during WWI.

I guess I need to clean my glass.

Also, I nearly put down Theodore rather than Franklyn for that one.

Otherwise, I got the rest of them right.

July 4th special- msnbc.com

80%.....damn that was bad.....but i get to stay
Could you pass the latest citizenship test?

0-20%: Maybe you're still thinking too much about the Old Country.

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score.

65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.

85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)

I got 100% - but I admit I guessed on the number of amendments to the Constitution - I knew it was in the 20's......:lol:

Pretty easy....some of the questions don't really relate to citizenship

Trick question:

To declare war
To print money
To declare treaties
To provide education

Oh yeah...Aced the test.

True enough.

But does it say what the coins are to be made of?

No

Of course, the current US coinage is as fiat as the paper, so your point, while technically correct, really doesn't have score many points.

You want to elimiate the FED, that I understand.

And I'll even assume that we have essantially the same complaints about the Fed, but I'm not a hard currency kinda guy like you apparently are.

FWIW corript kings and governments have been shaving coins (debasing them) for thousands of years.

For exactly the same reason that our government has been issuing fiat dollars, too, I'll note.

Ther type of money isn't the problem, amigo.

The type of leaders we elect is the real problem.

The debasement of our money is merely a symptom of the disease.
Article 1, Section 10 specified what that coin should be made of.

That's why the gubmint has to farm their counterfeiting operation out to the private banking monopoly known as the Federal Reserve.

You answered 95% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

How many amendments? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back