How will you act Nov 5 th?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by strollingbones, Nov 3, 2008.

1. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,920
    According to the old timers on this board...after the last presidential elections the admin and mods stop gloating etc.

my question to you.. will you react as a democrat or republican...or will you set aside your poltical party and act like an american and look forward, hoping the elected president will lead this country forward out of the currents problems we have.

how much maturity and patriotism are you willing to show Nov 5th be your party the loser or the winner? are you willing to unite behind the elected president regardless of whom that is?

2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I'm a silverback, now.

I can't change my spots or learn new tricks or whatever metaphor you can come up with to describe people who are what they are.

If I could weather Bush II for eight years, I can surely cope with whichever POTUS my nation's citizens elect.

It's a drop dead certainty that come January 2009, we're ALL going to have a far more effective POTUS in the oval office than we have now.

Bush II and his team of ideologues were arrogant fools who turned slightly tarnished gold into moldy straw in the last eight years.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  3. CA95380

CA95380 USMB Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    *set aside your poltical party and act like an american and look forward, hoping the elected president will lead this country forward out of the currents problems we have.

* are you willing to unite behind the elected president regardless of whom that is? Yes!

4. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    I lived through Carter I, and worst case I have a plan to live through Carter II, biding my time until Reagan II. :eusa_whistle:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I agree with you there, either way we will not have have Bush in January! And I will support McCain because even though I am liberal I am Pro American and I live in a Pro AMerican state! haha
    Now it will be different with something happens to McCain and Palin takes over!

6. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    I will always respect the office of the President of the Untied States even though I may think the man holding the office can ruin this country.

Regardless of who is in office it is a position that should be respected by all citizens of this country.

7. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    I say if The elected President is shown the exact same level of r e s p e c t as Bush was shown there will be no reason for complaint on either side.

8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    If Obama wins.. for the first time in my life, I will not be supportive of the Prez at all... even though I disagreed with Clinton a lot (especially serving in the Army at that time), I supported and respected the man and the office..

If mcCain pulls it off... I will be happier, but still not satisfied unless he truly does start making massive reform changes...

If congress does not get it's act together, which I do not think it will if there is a DEM super majority, I will start looking at working with the REP party in my area about throwing my hat into the ring at the local level... I would love to be part of REP party reform into the next generation...

9. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    I'm willing to give either man a fair shake.

10. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    I'll act the same way I do now. Check this out. It's quite accurate, don't you think?

[​IMG]