How will US economy ever recover?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by seltzer, Jul 16, 2010.

1. seltzer

seltzer Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Let me ask you experts a very simple & straight question - will US ever recover?

After decades of job outsourcing there are not many jobs left anymore. Without jobs we must rely on food stamps.

Let's face it - except select few elite CEOs and white-collar professionals, the rest of us are competing with Indians and Chinese who work for less than $1 a day.

Globalization made those elites very rich over the years while the rest of us became poor. The middle class is collapsing fast.

Is there any reason not to believe that in the future there will be a very select few rich employed people and a swarm of unemployed? What kind of country will that be? Even today, top 1% owns 83% of all US stocks - clearly, wealth distribution is not happening and it's only getting worse.

Proof: google "22 Statistics That Prove The Middle Class Is Being Systematically Wiped Out Of Existence In America"

How can we become a nation of producers of goods to keep us employed when it's cheaper to produce everything overseas?

In theory, CEOs will keep outsourcing til our wages become equal that of Chinese. But before we reach that point the country will disintegrate first. Big corporations and the rich will survive because they'll just move their companies and assets overseas.

So let me ask you again - how can we ever recover? I just can't see how, like a tide that cannot be turned, milk that cannot be un-spilled.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efuepuPb2u8]YouTube - Gerald Celente-Their is NO Economic Recovery-Its A COVERUP[/ame]

3. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    If you have any money at all, and would like to keep it, these are the guys you should be listening to.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNGVQflUUN0]YouTube - Peter Schiff - Dollar Collapse part 1 of 3[/ame]

4. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,825
    Get ready to be barraged by the "This is America, you can be as successful as you want" crowd.

5. Pepe

Pepe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    At best, with Obama gone and some Statesmen, NOT politicians in Office in 2012, it would take 4 years to begin to undo the damage and start moving the economy in the right direction.

It would take another 4 years to insure the Economy and Nation were on the correct path.

This would not be without "Pain" for those newly freed from the Gubmit Plantation.

Worst case and most probable case, "We the Sheeple", stumble along for another 2 or 3 years until our Creditors tear up our Credit Cards, call their Paper and send us straight to Economic Hell or what folks with IQs higher than their shoe size call "Reality."

Then comes hyperinflation as the Gubmit in power tries to remain in power, vis a vis Zimbabwe.

Then comes "Balkanization."

Whether the Empire of Amerika comes apart peacefully of violently is the only question.

I give the Empire 36-60 months before collapse.

6. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    You're spot on Pepe.
    But there has to be a new war. A BIG war.
    That movie will be opening soon.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  7. Pepe

Pepe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    There has never been a century without a major conflagration.

This will be no exception.

War has been used since history was first recorded as a political leaders option to take the subjects minds off their current plight.

Plenty of boogeymen out there.

Just ask the Liberals and Neocons.

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    No. It will change into something else and our masters will eventually call that recovery.

Truer and truer every damned day.

And the problem continues to migrate from no skilled, to semiskilled to highly skilled types of jobs, too.

Western World wide, I note.

Yes.

Trends like these seldom last long.

Sooner or later something very good or very bad comes along to so drastically change the state of affairs, that such predictions look foolish in restrospect.

If it happens, which I doubt, it would look like neo Feudalism.

I used to be in the middle class.

Tariffs (read fair trade)

OR

we just get so damned poor that WE BECOME the third world workers.

In theory, we won't eventually get so sick of their shit that we won't have a civil war, too.

And it will happen so gradually that we'll be able to deny it is happening, and when we cannot deny it, then we;ll be told is all our faults by the apologists for the Masters.

(sound familiar?)

My only complaint about the above is that you've put the verbs in the wrong tense.

They won't do that in the future, they'be been doing that for the last 40 years that I know of and I see no reason to imagine they're going to stop doing it either.

You cannot turn back the clock. There's no do overs in history

All we can do it try to mitigate the problems we have today and plan for for a better future.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  9. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
  10. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,065
    The next decade will be a decade where labor does better than capital and when the middle and lower classes do better than the rich.

A fundamental shift is now occurring in the global economy. Offshoring will become far less important if not irrelevant. Why? Because wages are soaring in China and there are labour shortages. This will make it more expensive and less desirable to offshore labor. In fact it is the educated and upper classes who will begin to feel pressure as their jobs start to move offshore as Asians become more educated and productive.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1