How will the Republic survive?

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
We all know the important duties carried out by the second daughter in a presidential administration.

A second daughter with a kid? How will she be able to perform her myriad of critical responsibilities while caring for a newborn baby?

Clearly such a distraction would bring our country to a standstill if said duties were not performed.

I fear for our Republic.

you are sounding terrified my dear

I haven't seen ANYONE say that Bristol even has responsiblities as the "second daughter"

I think you are projecting again.

I think it's reasonable to question how Palin can serve both her daughter's needs AND campaign for VP?

I'm ecstatic.

The Clinton years and 2004 taught us that excessive viciousness against a politician will merely garner sympathy and support for the recipient.

I beg to you PLEASE keep pushing these insane smears against Sarah Palin.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE :badgrin::eusa_clap:

I'm ecstatic.

The Clinton years and 2004 taught us that excessive viciousness against a politician will merely garner sympathy and support for the recipient.

so you actually like the Clintons after watching how they were continually smeared? good to know!

We are on a message board, why can't we discuss this without you and others in your camp getting your knickers in a twist?

We all know the important duties carried out by the second daughter in a presidential administration.

A second daughter with a kid? How will she be able to perform her myriad of critical responsibilities while caring for a newborn baby?

Clearly such a distraction would bring our country to a standstill if said duties were not performed.

I fear for our Republic.

Bizarre. This is out of left field. Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard anyone say anything about the duties of second daughter.

The issue that's being laughed about (or praised, if you're a rightwinger) is that old man McCain evidently rushed impulsively into choosing Palin.

The old man won his primary in March, and had six months to vet a qualified VP candidate - someone who could fill his shoes on day one, if the old man kicked the bucket.

Apparently, the old man wanted Lieberman. But, it seems at the last minute (perhaps even on the night of Obama's speech) there was some massive flip flopping going on, and McCain ended up picking someone he'd only met once in his life - six months ago - and someone he never even interviewed for the VP slot. Someone, who was mayor of a small village in Alaska 20 months ago. Someone with extremist views on abortion, climate change, and abstinence only education that would horrify all independent, moderate, and enlightened women.

It might not matter in the end. VPs don't determine elections. But, its possible the Old Man got rushed into a spur of the moment and ill concieved pick. Not exactly a great testament to his judgment and ability to mull decisions and come to pragmatic conclusions.

I'm ecstatic.

What insane smears? That she is under investigation for ethics violations? She just got a lawyer to dend her.

Bizarre. This is out of left field. Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard anyone say anything about the duties of second daughter.

The issue that's being laughed about (or praised, if you're a rightwinger) is that old man McCain evidently rushed impulsively into choosing Palin.

The old man won his primary in March, and had six months to vet a qualified VP candidate - someone who could fill his shoes on day one, if the old man kicked the bucket.

Apparently, the old man wanted Lieberman. But, it seems at the last minute (perhaps even on the night of Obama's speech) there was some massive flip flopping going on, and McCain ended up picking someone he'd only met once in his life - six months ago - and someone he never even interviewed for the VP slot. Someone, who was mayor of a small village in Alaska 20 months ago. Someone with extremist views on abortion, climate change, and abstinence only education that would horrify all independent, moderate, and enlightened women.

It might not matter in the end. VPs don't determine elections. But, its possible the Old Man got rushed into a spur of the moment and ill concieved pick. Not exactly a great testament to his judgment and ability to mull decisions and come to pragmatic conclusions.

Actually - a darn good post. No lie. I doubt McCain rushed into this, and really don't think any of the supposed dirt on Palin will make one iota of a difference in 2 months, but other than that, not bad.

I'm ecstatic.

So then you find the disgusting and malicious comments about Obama equally offensive?

I don't think Palin's white trashiness will make a bit of difference. ;)

Actually - a darn good post. No lie. I doubt McCain rushed into this, and really don't think any of the supposed dirt on Palin will make one iota of a difference in 2 months, but other than that, not bad.

He didn't vet her. That's the biggest thing against her pick, it shows how unprofessional and rash the decision was made

Hell, they just sent lawyers up to Alaska now to vet her. Now!

I ask the same question when Obama's religious affiliations are brought up.

Except the whole muslim thing is an out and out lie. Palin's daugher IS preggers and Palin IS under investigation for ethics violations where she PROBABLY tried to misuse her power.

Surely you can figure out the difference between in between your repeated smears

Except the whole muslim thing is an out and out lie. Palin's daugher IS preggers and Palin IS under investigation for ethics violations where she PROBABLY tried to misuse her power.

I'm not talking about the Muslim thing. I never said I thought Obama was a Muslim. I'm talking about Reverends Wright and Pfleger and black liberation theology.

Yes, Palin's daughter IS pregnant, but what does that say about Palin? Are we going to call her a bad mother because her daughter did the same thing most American teens do?

You're right, she probably did misuse her power in some way. She was trying to get a bad cop off the streets. I can't say that I blame her. But, I don't think there's enough evidence to charge her with anything. The Commissioner's job was part of Palin's staff. Alaska is an at will state. She could fire him for whatever reason she wanted, but she does have documented evidence to back up her reasoning. He was not doing an adequate job of filling the empty trooper positions.

Last edited:
I ask the same question when Obama's religious affiliations are brought up.

when you say relgious affiliations are you referring to Rev White or the continued lies that he's a muslim?

One I get discussing as a legitimate topic when it first came out because I agree it does/did color Obama's judgement in staying affiliated with a church if the Rev continually spouted racist bullshit. I've only seen two incidents so I can't make the judgement of what the other sermons may have been about. But it's been discussed ad nauseum at this point and really, it was out before Obama won the primary and the voters didn't care obviously so why keep bringing it up if not to inflame the issue?

The other is just hate mongers because the right knows how, unfortunately, the some American people feel about muslims due to 9/11.

This information was just released today. Did anyone really expect it would be ignored by the left?

you are sounding terrified my dear

you must have missed the sarcasm.

I haven't seen ANYONE say that Bristol even has responsiblities as the "second daughter"

She doesn't, again, sarcasm.

I think you are projecting again.

One more time, sarcasm.

I think it's reasonable to question how Palin can serve both her daughter's needs AND campaign for VP?

How is it reasonable? If Palin were a Democrat you would be appalled at the thought that a married mother could not juggle a family and a job.

Forum List

Back