How will the anti God crowd act if Jesus comes soon.

That's the problem we (at least I)have....if we refer to judgment, we're viewed as judgmental or threatening.

But it isn't a matter of US passing judgment..it's God's judgment. God is righteous, and you can't have righteousness without some sort of judgment. In today's society,where people resent being held accountable for their actions, they are naturally resistant to any sort of judgment, even from God.[/QUOTE

Well if it's God's Judgment... stop trying to God's Job. You are not worthy of the responsibility.

You see, God has the ability to see into the hearts and minds of people. You, nor I, nor anyone else on this planet do. God not only knows what people do, but why they do the things they do. All you and I see is "good and evil"... in other words, the rules laid down in the bible. God sees beyond that and sees the torture in people's souls... the pain that may have caused a person to act in the manner they do.

I don't know what causes my brother to sin... I don't even really know deep down, what causes me to have sins that I just can't seem to rise above. I know I am not worthy to judge another human being... not even a Charlie Manson or an Adolph Hitler. That is God's job and I will gladly defer that task to him.

It's very easy to see someone doing something wrong in the eyes of God and judge them as a bad person... that's superficial.. that's human judgment. That is not God's judgment.

Does that necessarily Jive with the Bible? Probably not. But I have more faith in an all powerful, immortal being than to think He needs my help to rat out the sinners of this world.

Jesus said some of his disciples would live to see the judgment. People have been expecting to see the judgment their lifetime since christianitys beginnings.

A majority of americans think jesus is coming back in their lifetime.

Theyre wrong.

God ordered Israel to never go to war unless ordered by God through the prophets and when they did go against What God ordered they got whipped.

A man has a right to protect himself even taking the life of another to do it.

Most wars were fought because of mans choice not God's choice.

"Yahweh" is an abbreviation of the longer name, "Yahweh Sabaoth." It means, "he who musters armies."

Thus Yahweh's name identifies the god primarily as the military leader of the tribe.

Yahweh is an accepted name for the Almighty,but through superstition no one knows for sure because the Jews believed the Almighty's name was to Holy to even speak. so only a certain few knew the name and spoke it but over the years it became lost.

I really am not sure but "YAHWEH" or "JEHOVAH" i am ok with,but the name JESUS there is no doubt for me.

Hey stupid.............you DO realize that Yeshua was Jewish, and that His name is actually Yeshua, which means "Son of Light".

I mean......whenever I traveled in Italy or Spain, I wouldn't let people call me Roberto or Rober, I made them call me Robert.

You should show a little respect and use His correct name of Yeshua.

Iattended a Billy Graham concert when I was in a high school. I was a Catholic then, and I was accompanied by my two best friends, a Jew, and a Native American.

A permanent turn off for me from Christianity was when the evangelicals told me that my friends could not go to heaven, no matter how exemplary they lived their lives because they weren't accepting Jesus as their personal savior.

A God who would condemn perfectfully good people to hell like that cannot be a true God, I thought. That was the beginning of the end of meaning for me in Christianity.

Well said, it's hard for me to base my morals off a book who's main character doesn't judge people on their morals, rather their beliefs.

Wrong,he judges from the heart that would cover your morals.

"Yahweh" is an abbreviation of the longer name, "Yahweh Sabaoth." It means, "he who musters armies."

Thus Yahweh's name identifies the god primarily as the military leader of the tribe.

Yahweh is an accepted name for the Almighty,but through superstition no one knows for sure because the Jews believed the Almighty's name was to Holy to even speak. so only a certain few knew the name and spoke it but over the years it became lost.

I really am not sure but "YAHWEH" or "JEHOVAH" i am ok with,but the name JESUS there is no doubt for me.

Hey stupid.............you DO realize that Yeshua was Jewish, and that His name is actually Yeshua, which means "Son of Light".

I mean......whenever I traveled in Italy or Spain, I wouldn't let people call me Roberto or Rober, I made them call me Robert.

You should show a little respect and use His correct name of Yeshua.

Yes i do,you're lucky you didn't do this in person,i'm not one of those Christians that turns the other cheek when one offends me so, Moron.

Iattended a Billy Graham concert when I was in a high school. I was a Catholic then, and I was accompanied by my two best friends, a Jew, and a Native American.

A permanent turn off for me from Christianity was when the evangelicals told me that my friends could not go to heaven, no matter how exemplary they lived their lives because they weren't accepting Jesus as their personal savior.

A God who would condemn perfectfully good people to hell like that cannot be a true God, I thought. That was the beginning of the end of meaning for me in Christianity.

Well said, it's hard for me to base my morals off a book who's main character doesn't judge people on their morals, rather their beliefs.

Wrong. It wouldn't.

Why do I say this? Ever heard a person whose beliefs state that they shouldn't drink alcohol if they are Christians? Some Baptists believe this. Besides, it states quite clearly that "wine was a gift from God to gladden the hearts of men".

Morals are based on belief systems, which when applied to everyone blanket style, tend to not work very well.

Wrong. It wouldn't.

Why do I say this? Ever heard a person whose beliefs state that they shouldn't drink alcohol if they are Christians? Some Baptists believe this. Besides, it states quite clearly that "wine was a gift from God to gladden the hearts of men".

Morals are based on belief systems, which when applied to everyone blanket style, tend to not work very well.

I'm not sure how to connect conscience with my heart and my belief system.

I would say they are all related though.

We can't live up to God's standard,that is why we are judged through the heart.

The bible is ok with wine but not with drunkeness...again it's one of those pesky definition things. Biblical wine is not exactly the same as wine today; it wasn't exactly fruit juice, but it wasn't very alcoholic.

That's one of the major differences between Buddhism and Christianity. The Christian God is an external Deity with ordinary feelings like anger, righteousness, jealousy, and judgmentalness.

Buddha nature is intrinsic to every living being. It just has to be realized in this very life.

Even Hitler had Buddha nature. He had the potential to awaken to enlightenment. He chose another path.

Christians are eternalists. Buddhists are interested in presence, awareness, now. There is nothing eternal in the universe. Everything changes. Awareness receives it all.

Forum List

Back