How will the anti God crowd act if Jesus comes soon.

I'm a non-believer and will play along.

If Jesus comes back, and by whatever means it's obvious to everyone that it is him, I won't be concerned despite living my life as a non-believer. If Jesus is all about love and forgiveness then I would think he's more concerned with people's character than their belief.

Unless people really think their view of Jesus is he's big on love and forgiveness, but would also be ok with having the overwhelming majority of humans who have ever walked this earth sent to hell.

Anti-GOD crowd? Is anyone really "anti-GOD?" I mean there are believers, those who are not sure, and non-believers. Are the non-believers really "anti-GOD?" Or do they simply not believe in GOD? I'm not sure a lack of faith or belief makes one "anti-GOD." Anyway, I've never met anyone who was "anti-GOD..."

Gimmie a slice O that. I highly resent the damage "faith" in these fairy tales has caused humanity in our development.

Anti-GOD crowd? Is anyone really "anti-GOD?" I mean there are believers, those who are not sure, and non-believers. Are the non-believers really "anti-GOD?" Or do they simply not believe in GOD? I'm not sure a lack of faith or belief makes one "anti-GOD." Anyway, I've never met anyone who was "anti-GOD..."

Gimmie a slice O that. I highly resent the damage "faith" in these fairy tales has caused humanity in our development.

Without it we likely wouldn't have developed at all.

What do you think you will say to Jesus ?

How do you think you will act towards Jesus ?

Will you ask for forgivness ?

If Jesus came back today, he would slap you Christians in the face and say "Look what you did in my name"

"Hymn 43"

Oh father high in heaven -- smile down upon your son
whose busy with his money games -- his women and his gun.
Oh Jesus save me!
And the unsung Western hero killed an Indian or three
and made his name in Hollywood
to set the white man free.
Oh Jesus save me!
If Jesus saves -- well, He'd better save Himself
from the gory glory seekers who use His name in death.
Oh Jesus save me!
I saw him in the city and on the mountains of the moon --
His cross was rather bloody --
He could hardly roll His stone.
Oh Jesus save me!

"Hymn 43"

Oh father high in heaven -- smile down upon your son
whose busy with his money games -- his women and his gun.
Oh Jesus save me!
And the unsung Western hero killed an Indian or three
and made his name in Hollywood
to set the white man free.
Oh Jesus save me!
If Jesus saves -- well, He'd better save Himself
from the gory glory seekers who use His name in death.
Oh Jesus save me!
I saw him in the city and on the mountains of the moon --
His cross was rather bloody --
He could hardly roll His stone.
Oh Jesus save me!

The Gospel according to Tull

What do you think you will say to Jesus ?

How do you think you will act towards Jesus ?

Will you ask for forgivness ?

What do you think you will say to Jesus ? :welcome: back. That 1000 years of hell on earth was just great.

How do you think you will act towards Jesus ? Depends on how he acts.

Will you ask for forgivness? For what? Do you think a divine being wouldn't know what's going on in my head.

Maybe I got this backwards. Isn't the next big event not stop war and suffering for 1000 years? The JC comes again and saves whatever is left.

After 1000 years of war, not many people left are going to be good people.

If Jesus comes back, and by whatever means it's obvious to everyone that it is him, I won't be concerned despite living my life as a non-believer. If Jesus is all about love and forgiveness then I would think he's more concerned with people's character than their belief.

Unless people really think their view of Jesus is he's big on love and forgiveness, but would also be ok with having the overwhelming majority of humans who have ever walked this earth sent to hell.

I met more than one quack that put Ghandi in the same hole as hitler.

I find it impossible to consider that a group of people that avoid stepping on ants, b/c life is precious to them [buddist monks] are roasting in the same hell as the people that put jews in the ovens.

I find it impossible to consider that a group of people that avoid stepping on ants, b/c life is precious to them [buddist monks] are roasting in the same hell as the people that put jews in the ovens.

Funny that you say that because I asked that exact question to christians. The exact question was "Who's more likely to be in heaven; Hitler or Ghandi?"

Most people just got offended that I would dare ask that (and yet still wouldn't provide an answer), but the ones who did answer it mostly said Hitler was more likely to be in heaven. Before he killed himself Hitler was far more likely to accept Jesus Christ as his savior and ask him for forgiveness, because he was raised a christian, there was basically no chance Ghandi was going to do that.

Funny that you say that because I asked that exact question to christians. The exact question was "Who's more likely to be in heaven; Hitler or Ghandi?"

Most people just got offended that I would dare ask that (and yet still wouldn't provide an answer), but the ones who did answer it mostly said Hitler was more likely to be in heaven. Before he killed himself Hitler was far more likely to accept Jesus Christ as his savior and ask him for forgiveness, because he was raised a christian, there was basically no chance Ghandi was going to do that.

Suicide is one of two unforgivable sins. So even if hitler confessed his guts out, his nuts are roasting in hell.

Suicide is one of two unforgivable sins. So even if hitler confessed his guts out, his nuts are roasting in hell.

Hmm..?? From what I understand suicide is a sin, yes, but there is only one unforgivable sin -said in the Bible - blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

The Unpardonable Sin
Matthew 12
31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Question: "What is the unpardonable sin / unforgivable sin?"

What is the unpardonable sin / unforgivable sin?

Many people fear they have committed some sin that God cannot or will not forgive, and they feel there is no hope for them, no matter what they do. Satan would like nothing better than to keep us laboring under this misconception. The truth is that if a person has this fear, he/she needs only to come before God, confess that sin, repent of it, and accept God’s promise of forgiveness. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). This verse assures us that God is ready to forgive any sin—no matter how heinous—if we come to Him in repentance. If you are suffering under a load of guilt today, God is waiting with His arms open in love and compassion for you to come to Him. He will never disappoint or fail to pardon those who do.

Jesus would have slapped this guy....

rainbowman2.jpg

Hmm..?? From what I understand suicide is a sin, yes, but there is only one unforgivable sin -said in the Bible - blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

The Unpardonable Sin
Matthew 12
31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Many people fear they have committed some sin that God cannot or will not forgive, and they feel there is no hope for them, no matter what they do. Satan would like nothing better than to keep us laboring under this misconception. The truth is that if a person has this fear, he/she needs only to come before God, confess that sin, repent of it, and accept God’s promise of forgiveness. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). This verse assures us that God is ready to forgive any sin—no matter how heinous—if we come to Him in repentance. If you are suffering under a load of guilt today, God is waiting with His arms open in love and compassion for you to come to Him. He will never disappoint or fail to pardon those who do.

Correct, this is one of the things that makes me frown about christianity, the worse sin has nothing to do with character according to the Bible.

Hence why it's more likely for Hitler to get into heaven than Ghandi.

Correct, this is one of the things that makes me frown about christianity, the worse sin has nothing to do with character according to the Bible.

Hence why it's more likely for Hitler to get into heaven than Ghandi.

I went to catholic school and lived in the South.

hell is chock full of people.

Baptist; If you don't get baptised, you don't get into heaven. If you do, you get in automatically, no matter what.

Catholics, Lutherans, Methodist; suicide is a B-line to hell b/c you died w/o absolution.

Various; being gay gets you the hot seat b/c you lived that way you never truly wanted forgiveness for that sin.

And yes, that means unbaptised infants are in hell.

So please don't wonder why I put no faith in mans religions

Forum List

Back