How will Romney Improve this Country?

I doubt very much he is genuinely interested.
This thread had troll written all over it at first glance.
Your first clue might have been an avatar that insults 80% of the population.

I think RDD is a woman............or am I mistaken?

Heck I don't know. Most women are not overtly disrespectful to 80% of people by having an avatar like that. This is usually reserved for 19 year old basement dwellers.

80% of people are named Christian? :confused:

Thanks! Finally someone who can at least answer what my question was. I do appreciate it.

His plan sounds decent enough on the surface, but I wonder how we are not going to further increase our deficit if we are further reducing our tax revenue.

That is the rub for me too.

However, historical data does show that when the federal government has reduced the corporate tax rates they actually ended up taking in more overall revenue. The loss of revenue due to lower rates ends up being more than offset by the increase in economic activity the lowering of said rates stimulates.

But that only works to a point...i personally say we need to freeze taxes if anything (no raising, maybe lowering for some people making 5 figure incomes but that is it) and drastically cut spending on everything from entitlement programs to public sector worker employment compensation to compensation for elected officials and their staffs to the military.

Right, I can get on board with big cuts across the board, but across the board means everything is on the table including the defense budget. I think big cuts with freezing the tax rates or a small increase for the richest among us would go a long way.

See I don't think our opinions are way off from each other. I appreciate that you actually responded to my question unlike the other children who don't want to or are unable to have a conversation with some actual thought involved.

it definately has to be across the board, no "sacred cows" for anyone on any side of any issue or politics.

That is the rub for me too.

However, historical data does show that when the federal government has reduced the corporate tax rates they actually ended up taking in more overall revenue. The loss of revenue due to lower rates ends up being more than offset by the increase in economic activity the lowering of said rates stimulates.

But that only works to a point...i personally say we need to freeze taxes if anything (no raising, maybe lowering for some people making 5 figure incomes but that is it) and drastically cut spending on everything from entitlement programs to public sector worker employment compensation to compensation for elected officials and their staffs to the military.

Right, I can get on board with big cuts across the board, but across the board means everything is on the table including the defense budget. I think big cuts with freezing the tax rates or a small increase for the richest among us would go a long way.

See I don't think our opinions are way off from each other. I appreciate that you actually responded to my question unlike the other children who don't want to or are unable to have a conversation with some actual thought involved.

it definately has to be across the board, no "sacred cows" for anyone on any side of any issue or politics.

I just wish our actual politicians could actually learn to compromise like this. What a sad state of politics our government is in today.

So what will Romney do, specifically, to get us there? Or will he, in your opinion?

None of your business. We have to elect him to find out what is in it (his plan).

Funny shit right there. Kinda kills the conversation though. Be better if you just said; "I don't know what Mittens will do, but I want to find out."

At least thats credible. And the truth to. But nanananana none of your bees wax, I ain't gonna give you no 'pinion nananananana. Cause I don't know jack shit about what he wants to do. nananananana

That's funny.

Tax cuts won't even come close to solving out problems.
And raising taxes on the "wealthy" is a political stunt that anyone with an IQ over 85 can see right thru. If you raised their taxes to 100% it wouldn't even cause a blip in the national debt.
If we want real change...

1) Close the IRS and have a flat sales tax. A HUGE part of the problem is that over half the population pays no income tax at all - and 80% of those get tax windfalls at the end of the year.
2) Close the Dept. of Education and get serious about wiping out Americas antiquated and over-the-top politicized education.
3) Outlaw teachers unions, or at least outlaw the union agreements that remove merit based pay incentives, and return authority to exercise teacher disciplinary action including firing bad teachers.

That is a very small start.
None of these will happen.

And raising taxes on the "wealthy" is a political stunt that anyone with an IQ over 85 can see right thru. If you raised their taxes to 100% it wouldn't even cause a blip in the national debt.

1) Close the IRS and have a flat sales tax. A HUGE part of the problem is that over half the population pays no income tax at all - and 80% of those get tax windfalls at the end of the year.
2) Close the Dept. of Education and get serious about wiping out Americas antiquated and over-the-top politicized education.
3) Outlaw teachers unions, or at least outlaw the union agreements that remove merit based pay incentives, and return authority to exercise teacher disciplinary action including firing bad teachers.

Right, none of that will happen, so what are Romney supporters actually looking for him to do? I'm glad you gave specifics at least.

Me too, but that's not happening with Romney unfortunately.

I am not saying it will happen with romney...but it certainly did not happen and will not happen with obama either.

Right. Hence the point of my thread. What is so different between Obama and Romney? Not much as far as I can tell.

Is there a difference between a Presidential platform with Obamacare, and one without Obamcare, pole smoker?

Or are you just here to troll?

Right, none of that will happen, so what are Romney supporters actually looking for him to do? I'm glad you gave specifics at least.

The same as Obama supporters...promises that can't be kept.
In all seriousness, I know Romney has a long history of flip-flopping - but his trustworthiness and integrity is still worlds ahead of Obama who quite simply and willingly lied during his last campaign on practically every topic.
Obama is a horrible President. Bar none. Terrible.

The same as Obama supporters...promises that can't be kept.
In all seriousness, I know Romney has a long history of flip-flopping - but his trustworthiness and integrity is still worlds ahead of Obama who quite simply and willingly lied during his last campaign on practically every topic.
Obama is a horrible President. Bar none. Terrible.

Thats fine. You can think what you want about Obama, but I have a hard time believing someone who flip flops as much as Romney does and actually implemented his own version of Obamacare is actually going to do anything much different that Obama has done. You may hope he will do better, but I just don't see it. It will be more of the same that we've had....politics as usual in Washington, which is why I started this thread.

I am not saying it will happen with romney...but it certainly did not happen and will not happen with obama either.

Right. Hence the point of my thread. What is so different between Obama and Romney? Not much as far as I can tell.

Is there a difference between a Presidential platform with Obamacare, and one without Obamcare, pole smoker?

Or are you just here to troll?

Thats two fellatio references in this thread alone from you. Go ahead and just tell us whats on your mind.

Romney will disband unions because only big business knows what is best for workers.

Thats fine. You can think what you want about Obama, but I have a hard time believing someone who flip flops as much as Romney does and actually implemented his own version of Obamacare is actually going to do anything much different that Obama has done. You may hope he will do better, but I just don't see it. It will be more of the same that we've had....politics as usual in Washington, which is why I started this thread.

So really, you are ignoring all of the major differences in campaign platform because you don't believe any of it.

So really, you are ignoring all of the major differences in campaign platform because you don't believe any of it.

I'm just ignoring you.

9-9-9, bust unions and slash education

Forum List

Back