How will Obama handle tonight's complete repudiation of his Cult of Personality?

He'll probably handle it by blaming BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHH and FOXXXXXXXXX NOOOOOOOOZZZ. lol! :)

But to comment on your suggestion... you think these old power and money hungry congressman are just going to willingly walk away from all that money and power for some young moderate to step into his shoes? OoooooOOooooh no my friend... not a chance in HELL of that happening. They wouldn't WILLINGLY give up all that power and money... no way.
No.... I didn't say that.

What I said was, Obama should quietly install some new, young blood to go against the tired old guard that has the horrendous approval numbers, in hopes that some or most of them will be defeated in the primaries. Of course none of them are going down without a fight, it's expected.

And while I think there's some Obama narcissism -- there's some in all of us -- I believe his pragmatism far outweighs it. Not to the point where he'll do what I've suggested, but very likely to the point that IF the Dems take a bath in 2010, he'll turn moderate like Billy did in '94. A GOP rout in 2010 might sew up a Obama 2nd term even.

So I'm of two minds on this, but were I Obama I would start vetting candidates now, for a cannibalism project to protect the majority power.

What is the big deal?? You people are so anxious to see Obama fail that you blow every little thing out of proportion.

First of all, just because Virginia voted for Obama last year does not mean that the people of that state are going to vote for a Democrat for governor a year later. Why would it??

And since 1974, the state of Virginia has voted for the party opposite that of the one in the WH. So it makes sense that they voted for a Republican governor.

As for Corzine, maybe the people of NJ just don't like him. Who knows?? I know they are upset about high property taxes. But NJ is a blue state, so he must have done something to piss them off so bad that Obama could not help him save his job. And I think that's probably all there is to it.

So relax, haters. The sun will come up tomorrow and Obama will be in the oval office, just like any other day.

But to comment on your suggestion... you think these old power and money hungry congressman are just going to willingly walk away from all that money and power for some young moderate to step into his shoes? OoooooOOooooh no my friend... not a chance in HELL of that happening. They wouldn't WILLINGLY give up all that power and money... no way.

What I said was, Obama should quietly install some new, young blood to go against the tired old guard that has the horrendous approval numbers, in hopes that some or most of them will be defeated in the primaries. Of course none of them are going down without a fight, it's expected.

And while I think there's some Obama narcissism -- there's some in all of us -- I believe his pragmatism far outweighs it. Not to the point where he'll do what I've suggested, but very likely to the point that IF the Dems take a bath in 2010, he'll turn moderate like Billy did in '94. A GOP rout in 2010 might sew up a Obama 2nd term even.

So I'm of two minds on this, but were I Obama I would start vetting candidates now, for a cannibalism project to protect the majority power.

Well, although I do give your idea strategic merit MM, I don't think obama has the insight or the intuition to do anything like that. He's spent his life getting to where he's at, and having his radicals around him is what he wants. I believe that if obama can't have what he wants, compromise is NOT in his repertoire.

I don't agree he'll get a second term either. I think people are thoroughly disgusted with him now, and by 2012, they'll be almost ready to PHYSICALLY kick his ass out of the Bla... er, White House.

Well, although I do give your idea strategic merit MM, I don't think obama has the insight or the intuition to do anything like that. He's spent his life getting to where he's at, and having his radicals around him is what he wants. I believe that if obama can't have what he wants, compromise is NOT in his repertoire.
Do NOT underestimate the influence of Michelle. She's the chess player of the group.
I don't agree he'll get a second term either. I think people are thoroughly disgusted with him now, and by 2012, they'll be almost ready to PHYSICALLY kick his ass out of the Bla... er, White House.
I don't see anyone coming in any way close to beating him, unless it's Hillary herself.

What is the big deal?? You people are so anxious to see Obama fail that you blow every little thing out of proportion.

First of all, just because Virginia voted for Obama last year does not mean that the people of that state are going to vote for a Democrat for governor a year later. Why would it??

And since 1974, the state of Virginia has voted for the party opposite that of the one in the WH. So it makes sense that they voted for a Republican governor.

As for Corzine, maybe the people of NJ just don't like him. Who knows?? I know they are upset about high property taxes. But NJ is a blue state, so he must have done something to piss them off so bad that Obama could not help him save his job. And I think that's probably all there is to it.

So relax, haters. The sun will come up tomorrow and Obama will be in the oval office, just like any other day.

I don't have a horse in this race since I live in Indiana, but what you say is true. We had a Dem Governor for years, but Indiana was always a red state in the Pres. elections. Nov. 8 was the first time they went blue for Obama. Oh, and our Governor is a Republican.

I don't see anyone coming in any way close to beating him, unless it's Hillary herself.

Well, we'll have to disagree on that one MM. It is an interesting time to be a political news junkie though.

But I'll go with no way obama could ever win a second term. Now if we can only remember that we talked about it until 2012... :D

Well, we'll have to disagree on that one MM. It is an interesting time to be a political news junkie.

I'll go with no way obama could ever win a second term. Now if we can only remember that we talked about it until 2012... :D
Barring something really amazing, I simply can't see anyone beating him even if the election were tomorrow.

However I DO believe Hillary will resign after the 2010 elections, and make a play for Obama's nomination. THAT will be most interesting to watch.

Last edited:

Well, we'll have to disagree on that one MM. It is an interesting time to be a political news junkie.

I'll go with no way obama could ever win a second term. Now if we can only remember that we talked about it until 2012... :D
Barring something really amazing, I simply can't see anyone beating him even if the election were tomorrow.

Judging by tonight, I can't see any way that he could win, against anyone, even Sarah Palin could probably beat him. His popularity has sank faster and farther than any other President in history. That doesn't sound like someone that's a shoe in for a second term, especially if it were right now.

Judging by tonight, I can't see any way that he could win, against anyone, even Sarah Palin could probably beat him. His popularity has sank faster and farther than any other President in history. That doesn't sound like someone that's a shoe in for a second term.
Remember my caveat -- I said that if the GOP wipes out the Dems in 2010, and if Obama pulls a Billy and goes Moderate, he'll be a shoo-in for a second term.

BUT, and get this straight now: I don't believe these elections tonight were a referendum on Obama. I believe they were a referendum on this miserable Congress. I dismiss the experts on this.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Judging by tonight, I can't see any way that he could win, against anyone, even Sarah Palin could probably beat him. His popularity has sank faster and farther than any other President in history. That doesn't sound like someone that's a shoe in for a second term.
Remember my caveat -- I said that if the GOP wipes out the Dems in 2010, and if Obama pulls a Billy and goes Moderate, he'll be a shoo-in for a second term.

BUT, and get this straight now: I don't believe these elections tonight were a referendum on Obama. I believe they were a referendum on this miserable Congress. I dismiss the experts on this.

Well... the agenda of congress pretty much has been the obama's agenda, so I'd disagree again. I think tonight was a referendum on obama. (And I don't think I'm alone.)

But, not biggie. If we disagree, we disagree. At least we had a disagreement and neither of us felt the need to insult one another.

Well... the agenda of congress pretty much has been the obama's agenda, so I'd disagree again. I think tonight was a referendum on obama. (And I don't think I'm alone.)

But, not biggie. If we disagree, we disagree. At least we had a disagreement and neither of us felt the need to insult one another.
The issue to me is, people are beginning to recognize the problem wasn't so much Bush as it was this same Congress.

Their numbers are abysmal.

But yeah, disagreeing is just fine with me. We'll see how it shakes out.

The issue to me is, people are beginning to recognize the problem wasn't so much Bush as it was this same Congress.

Well I DON'T DISAGREE WITH YOU ABOUT CONGRESS!!! What... how long ago was it they had approval numbers that were SINGLE DIGIT???!!! Yeah... it's about the most corrupt bunch of thieves and crooks this country has ever seen. Don't give seniors, veterans, or anyone on social security a COL increase for THREE YEARS, but give THEMSELVES a raise EVERY YEAR, maybe TWO. I hate our government. I hate 'em ALL. That's why I'm a registered independent. I'd love to see an armed revolution march on Washington and throw every last one of the sons a bitches out on their ass, and start over from the constitution. Scrap the IRS, audit the FED, recall the stimulus, close the borders and deport every single last person in this country illegally, no more bail outs, get government completely out of the taking over businesses business, and then PULL OUR TROOPS OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST. No more foreign entanglements unless we're at WAR, and we FIGHT IT like a war, ALL OUT OR NOTHING AT ALL. No more nation building. No more foreign aid to countries that hate us. Oh I could go on and on... the things I'd like to see... man.

Well I DON'T DISAGREE WITH YOU ABOUT CONGRESS!!! What... how long ago was it they had approval numbers that were SINGLE DIGIT???!!! Yeah... it's about the most corrupt bunch of thieves and crooks this country has ever seen. Don't give seniors, veterans, or anyone on social security a COL increase for THREE YEARS, but give THEMSELVES a raise EVERY YEAR, maybe TWO. I hate our government. I hate 'em ALL. That's why I'm a registered independent. I'd love to see an armed revolution march on Washington and throw every last one of the sons a bitches out on their ass, and start over from the constitution. Scrap the IRS, audit the FED, recall the stimulus, close the borders and deport every single last person in this country illegally, no more bail outs, get government completely out of the taking over businesses business, and then PULL OUR TROOPS OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST. No more foreign entanglements unless we're at WAR, and we FIGHT IT like a war, ALL OUT OR NOTHING AT ALL. No more nation building. No more foreign aid to countries that hate us. Oh I could go on and on... the things I'd like to see... man.
I wouldn't buy into any of that "armed rebellion" stuff. But I would buy into voter rebellion stuff.

Will he go back to Church? Google: Black Separatists Church Washington DC

Call his old drug buddies from the Choom Gang?

Write a scholarly analysis of a Supreme Court decision and hide it under all his other hidden, secret papers including John Kerry's Form 180?

Go back home, to his roots, to his birth place. Google: Flights from IAD (Dulles Int'l) to NBO (Nairobi, Kenya)

He will deny that he was ever in New Jersey or Virginia, it was his double.:lol:

I wouldn't buy into any of that "armed rebellion" stuff. But I would buy into voter rebellion stuff.

If it ever comes to pass, I'm in. I'd be right up front. But, chances are it'll never happen.

I think your voter rebellion started today.

However I DO believe Hillary will resign after the 2010 elections, and make a play for Obama's nomination. THAT will be most interesting to watch.

I am thinking that could happen too, the more unpopular Obama becomes the more she will be encouraged to do just that.

Will he go back to Church? Google: Black Separatists Church Washington DC

Call his old drug buddies from the Choom Gang?

Write a scholarly analysis of a Supreme Court decision and hide it under all his other hidden, secret papers including John Kerry's Form 180?

Go back home, to his roots, to his birth place. Google: Flights from IAD (Dulles Int'l) to NBO (Nairobi, Kenya)

No--Obama will give another historic speech sending tingley feelings up Criss Mathews leg.

BTW--Watching Hardball right now--Mathews was attacking a republican who was saying that the republican party needs to wake up & give us conservative candidates--& finally said to Criss--"Hey you're sending tingley feelings up my leg"--:lol::lol:

It is a referendum on Obama, Pelosi & Reid. Obama has been to New Jersey 5 times trying to pull Corzine over the finish line. In fact, he spent most of this last weekend in New Jersey. Obama put out T.V. advertisements in support of Corzine. He also did it in Virginia. Obama LOST this one--& he lost in the bluest of blue states New Jersey.

It's NOT looking good for Obama. For the democrats--in congress in the senate for 2010--it's looks very ugly.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back