How will Obama handle tonight's complete repudiation of his Cult of Personality?

It's hard to describe this as a complete repudiation of the admin by any means. The mid-term elections are still a year away and there's no telling, yet, what is going to happen in 2010.

That said, this has to make things harder for the admin and allies in Congress. The blue dogs will probably be a bit more nervous after tonight. The Dems have done what the GOP did a few years ago - overplay their hand. If you look at the 2008 election polls, things like health care were not at the top of the list of voter priorities, yet the Dems want to push it through. A lot of people don't like it, and that's going to hurt them. 2008 was more about how bad the GOP is, and about having a young, charismatic guy on the Dem ticket, than it was any kind of ratification of Democrat policies. If the Democrat power structure doesn't remember that before 2010 I'm afraid they're going to find the elections don't go as they'd like.

He will simply explain from his TelePrompTer that they are local issues and have nothing to do with him!

And of course we who know, know better!

Mike

Its obvious to all, the election was big time about Barry.

The guy behaved like a partisan douchebag for 10 months and people don't like it.

I think they got sick of being called "racist" too. Yep!

NJ Elections: Is racism still a problem for white peckerwoods who couldn't vote for Obama's boy Jon Corzine? -- AP

Christie Victory: Typical White Behavior? -- NY Times

Boooooshhh! We hates it! Hates it! Hes Stole the precious Florida Election!!! -- various Libruls

I don't think it's a referendum on Obama's personality at all. Or really that much even about Obama. He's still very well liked.

It's MORE about this corrupt and haughty Congress. This same Congress that made Bush's job approval rating look good in comparison and still does, and gained more power mostly on Obama's coattails.

Suggestion for President Obama -- Activate the political machine NOW, get some Dem candidates to defeat Pelosi, Reid and any other member of the Congressional Dem leadership in the primaries, get yourself some new Dem blood in there. Charge up the base and replace your own incumbents.

Because if you don't, lots of them will be replaced by Pugs.

That's the reality here. History shows the party in power loses seats mid-term, and the only way to minimize that is new blood everywhere you can install it.

Otherwise it will be a blood BATH in a sea of RED.

It's the CONGRESS stupid!

Last edited:
It's hard to describe this as a complete repudiation of the admin by any means. The mid-term elections are still a year away and there's no telling, yet, what is going to happen in 2010.

That said, this has to make things harder for the admin and allies in Congress. The blue dogs will probably be a bit more nervous after tonight. The Dems have done what the GOP did a few years ago - overplay their hand. If you look at the 2008 election polls, things like health care were not at the top of the list of voter priorities, yet the Dems want to push it through. A lot of people don't like it, and that's going to hurt them. 2008 was more about how bad the GOP is, and about having a young, charismatic guy on the Dem ticket, than it was any kind of ratification of Democrat policies. If the Democrat power structure doesn't remember that before 2010 I'm afraid they're going to find the elections don't go as they'd like.

The Blues are looking at these results and saying "Geez, that's gonna be us next year if we side with the administration."
Nope, Obama's agenda is dead, Dee EE Dee, dead. Bye bye, health care reform, bye bye climate change bill.

I don't think it's a referendum on Obama's personality at all. Or really that much even about Obama. He's still very well liked.

It's MORE about this corrupt and haughty Congress. This same Congress that made Bush's job approval rating look good in comparison and still does, and gained more power mostly on Obama's coattails.

Suggestion for President Obama -- Activate the political machine NOW, get some Dem candidates to defeat Pelosi, Reid and any other member of the Congressional Dem leadership in the primaries, get yourself some new Dem blood in there. Charge up the base and replace your own incumbents.

That's the reality here. History shows the party in power loses seats mid-term, and the only way to minimize that is new blood everywhere you can install it.

He is well liked as a person, but his policies aren't, and voters have made that clear. No matter how you spin it, this is a very bad night for Democrats and Obama.

Hopey Changey Talking Points just released: "BOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHH!!! FOXXXXXXXXXXX NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZ!!!"

The Blues are looking at these results and saying "Geez, that's gonna be us next year if we side with the administration."
Nope, Obama's agenda is dead, Dee EE Dee, dead. Bye bye, health care reform, bye bye climate change bill.

It's certainly going to make it a lot more difficult. May have killed off the more controversial measures (health care, cap and trade) until at least after the mid-terms, and who knows what the landscape will look like after that.

He is well liked as a person, but his policies aren't, and voters have made that clear. No matter how you spin it, this is a very bad night for Democrats and Obama.
I'm not spinning anything. I simply recognize what's going on. Look at Congress' approval rating in the low 20s. THIS is what doesn't bode well.

Obama should quietly set wheels in motion to install candidates to defeat his Congressional incumbents, before they drag him down with them.

I'm not spinning anything. I simply recognize what's going on. Look at Congress' approval rating in the low 20s. THIS is what doesn't bode well.

Obama should quietly set wheels in motion to install candidates to defeat his Congressional incumbents, before they drag him down with them.

I wasn't implying that YOU were spinning it. It will be spun, dried, and respun by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, The NY TIMES, The LA TIMES, et.al...:clap2:

Obama has surrounded himself with new blood. Czars. Problem is they're all far out, Mao worshiping, radical, leftists. I don't think obama has it in him to find a "moderate" democrat. He's too radical himself, and I don't think he has enough humbleness to do anything different than what he's been doing. He thinks he's some sort of unbridled celebrity. His ego got inflated to portions beyond what you or I can comprehend when he was elected. Well, tonight, we put the first tiny hole in that bubble. Now it's leaking, but I don't think it will slow down obama or any of the liberals caring out his bidding one little bit. Tonight will just piss them off that people were ARROGANT enough to VOTE AGAINST THEM... HOW DARE THEM! Thing is the blue dog dems are going to be real skittish now. The blue dogs aren't going to want to have anything to do with anything that costs more money, like health care reform.

Say bye, bye obama. Can you say "lame duck Presidency?"

Thank you God.

Last edited:

I wasn't implying that YOU were spinning it. It will be spun, dried, and respun by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, The NY TIMES, The LA TIMES, et.al...:clap2:
Of course. But none of them will say what I have said. Even IF Obama does the smart, strategic thing and installs some young, dynamic people to cannibalize Congressional Dem leadership, they'll never admit it's going on. Instead, with a wink and a nod, they'll faithfully regurgitate the WH kool-aid on this.

Odds I give that Obama will do what I am suggesting? 0.2%.

The guy behaved like a partisan douchebag for 10 months and people don't like it.

The party in the White House has lost every governor's race in Virginia since 1977 and in New Jersey going back to 1993. But yeah, it's clearly about Obama.

The party in the White House has lost every governor's race in Virginia since 1977 and in New Jersey going back to 1993. But yeah, it's clearly about Obama.

corzine%20obama.jpg

Obama has surrounded himself with new blood. Czars. Problem is they're all far out, Mao worshiping, radical, leftists. I don't think obama has it in him to find a "moderate" democrat. He's too radical himself, and I don't think he has enough humbleness to do anything different than what he's been doing. He thinks he's some sort of unbridled celebrity. His ego got inflated to portions beyond what you or I can comprehend when he was elected. Well, tonight, we put the first tiny hole in that bubble. Now it's leaking, but I don't think it will slow down obama or any of the liberals caring out his bidding one little bit. Tonight will just piss them off that people were ARROGANT enough to VOTE AGAINST THEM... HOW DARE THEM! Thing is the blue dog dems are going to be real skittish now. The blue dogs aren't going to want to have anything to do with anything that costs more money, like health care reform.

Thank you God.
I think you're writing far too much into this. But one thing I'll say, you got the HOPE part down!:badgrin:

Thank you God.
I think you're writing far too much into this. But one thing I'll say, you got the HOPE part down!:badgrin:

Well, not about the radicals obama has surrounded himself with I'm not.

But I do believe obama is a narcissist, I think tonight will actually shock him. I think he was probably counting on the dems to win.

But to comment on your suggestion... you think these old power and money hungry liberal congressmen and women are just going to willingly walk away from all that money and power for some young moderate to step into his/her shoes? Ooooooh no my friend... not a chance in HELL of that happening. They wouldn't WILLINGLY give up all that power and money... no way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back