How will it end??

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by freeandfun1, May 16, 2004.

?

How will the War on Terrorism end...

1. The Islamists will get nukes and destroy the west

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The west will use nukes on the Islamists and "slow" their war against us

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. The world will end up in a total conflagration that destroys so much we end up "starting over"

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. It won't, it will just continue as it is: "Over there" and life goes on

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    We all get on here and debate back and forth to and fro on who is right, who is wrong, etc. in regards to the War on Terrorism. What I would like to ask is this. . . .

Do you think the War on Terrorism is winnable and if so, how do you think it will be won?

Frankly, I do not think it is winnable but I do believe that we must fight it. I am not a doomsayer, but it does look like this war will continue until one side or the other (or the entire world) is utterly destroyed. Quite frightening when you think about it, but it is something that must be considered.

2. cptpwichita

cptpwichita Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Do you believe in bible prophecy concerning the 'last days'?

3. Patriot

Patriot BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Why can't the west win without nukes?

4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Yes.... if we here that Israel and Palestine sign a seven year treaty then we know....

5. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Well I don't think we are going to get as far as nukes on either side but I do think this will expand farther than Iraq and Afghanistan, just how far I don't know. I'm not agreeing with the so much gets destroyed that we have to start over deal either. I think that will come later on down the line and I don't think there will be anything or anybody left to start over with.

6. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    We could if we could mobilize our people but we know that is not going to happen. We are going to find ourselves fighting millions (if not 100's of millions) of radicals with a few people and a lot of technology. Technology will only get you so far.... JMHO

That is why I say nukes. I just don't think we can win in a conventional war. This has turned into an us against them situation and therefore, it will only strengthen their resolve to NEVER surrender or "see the light". Again, JMHO.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't think it will take nukes, certainly not in Iraq. What it will take is resolve. One that will not be shaken by butt crack photos that are humiliating, not torture. The Sunday news programs and pundits need to understand the difference.

8. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I am not containing this to the war in Iraq. I am talking about the overall War on Terrorism.

Frankly, what you say is exactly the problem. So many Americans don't realize that this is a GLOBAL War on Terrorism. It is not just contained to Iraq and Afganistan and it won't just remain there. Terrorists live all over the world and therefore, we will be fighting all over the world.

Many don't realize that right this moment we have troops in the Philippines and other areas also fighting. In most of the other countries we are still just in an advising role, but we are there.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Originally posted by freeandfun1
    I agree. There are US troops most everywhere; a more troubling fact, there are terror cells in as many and possibly more places. In actuality, what scares me to no end is the number of mosques in the US that are preaching hatred of the US everyday, in our country.

10. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    It is not winnable with the tactcis currently being advocated and used by Dubbyuh and his merry band of neocon chickenhawks. They are caught in a reactive posture, and need to be proactive. Education, medical care, infrastructure and economic opportunity are the weapons with which terrorism will ultimately be defeated. Force of arms and oppression only breed terrorists.