How will ending early voting stop voter fraud?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Republicans banned early voting in 6 states? I guess the logic is that everyone can take off a day of work to vote, right?

*crickets*

Republicans banned early voting in 6 states? I guess the logic is that everyone can take off a day of work to vote, right?

*crickets*

Exactly not everyone can . Say you work for a green guy he knows you vote yellow guess what fuck yellow . It's simple forms of voter suppression :eusa_whistle:

Actually, Most employers that I know of MUST give their employees time off to vote, even if the polls are open for 12 hours.

While there are no federal laws that require employers to give employees time off to vote, the majority of jurisdictions have laws that require private employers to give employees time off to vote, and in many of these states, the employee must be paid for this time. Most states, even those without voting leave laws, have laws protecting employees from employer influence, interference or intimidation regarding their political opinions and/or right to vote.

Let's petition Congress to make this a Federal law!

There s so little actual fraud that nothing needs TO BE DONE. The 'illegals' voting hysteria is just that, a way to keep minorities and the poor from voting.

There s so little actual fraud that nothing needs TO BE DONE. The 'illegals' voting hysteria is just that, a way to keep minorities and the poor from voting.

Yes you are correct . Sad bullshit it Is to be poor ,then be descriminated against . I know i know pull your self up by the bootstraps boy ( girl) make something of yourself yada yada

Actually, Most employers that I know of MUST give their employees time off to vote, even if the polls are open for 12 hours.

While there are no federal laws that require employers to give employees time off to vote, the majority of jurisdictions have laws that require private employers to give employees time off to vote, and in many of these states, the employee must be paid for this time. Most states, even those without voting leave laws, have laws protecting employees from employer influence, interference or intimidation regarding their political opinions and/or right to vote.

I'm with you on that but the Republicans suddenly ended it within months of the new election. Not to suppress anyones vote....No Way! They must want voting days to be equal for all Americans :eusa_shifty:

Yes you are correct . Sad bullshit it Is to be poor ,then be descriminated against . I know i know pull your self up by the bootstraps boy ( girl) make something of yourself yada yada

Florida discourages voting, and Vulture Scott is pushing to hold down voter counts as much a possible this November, spending TAX PAYER money to do it also.j

let me call the whaaaaambulence.....early voter actually helps republicans......all the working people can vote easier..

And where is the unbiased article on this?

Last edited:

*crickets*

Sure, all those folks who made the career choice of saying, "would you like to supersize that" are given great benefits, like time off to vote....not! More right wing bullshit to suppress the people who need every penny from those McJobs to live.

I'll add again, that the greatest examples of voter fraud comes from absentee ballots, and the greatest number of convictions were Republicans. If the Republicans really wanted low hanging fruit in preventing voter fraud, they'd be demanding that states integrate vital statistics to coordinate with counties to scrub dead people from the rolls. Hell, my wife passed on 18 years ago, and is still being summoned for jury duty.

let me call the whaaaaambulence.....early voter actually helps republicans......all the working people can vote easier..

If it weren't for simpleton cliches you'd be at a loss for words.

*crickets*

Sure, all those folks who made the career choice of saying, "would you like to supersize that" are given great benefits, like time off to vote....not! More right wing bullshit to suppress the people who need every penny from those McJobs to live.

I'll add again, that the greatest examples of voter fraud comes from absentee ballots, and the greatest number of convictions were Republicans. If the Republicans really wanted low hanging fruit in preventing voter fraud, they'd be demanding that states integrate vital statistics to coordinate with counties to scrub dead people from the rolls. Hell, my wife passed on 18 years ago, and is still being summoned for jury duty.

Oh so you're and old fart FDR voter......ahhhhhhh makes sense now....

The national trend was corroborated in key swing states, according to data compiled by Michael McDonald, associate professor of political science at George Mason University and a fellow at the Brookings Institution. Early voters who identified as Democrats in Florida, for example, outnumbered Republicans 45 to 37 percent. In traditionally conservative North Carolina, the imbalance was even more striking, with 51 percent of early voters identifying themselves as Democrats versus 30 percent as Republicans.
NationalJournal.com - Obama, Romney Teams Vie for Early Voting Edge - Monday, July 30, 2012

Now time for you to ignore reality and attack the link or the author or the day it was written or...

The national trend was corroborated in key swing states, according to data compiled by Michael McDonald, associate professor of political science at George Mason University and a fellow at the Brookings Institution. Early voters who identified as Democrats in Florida, for example, outnumbered Republicans 45 to 37 percent. In traditionally conservative North Carolina, the imbalance was even more striking, with 51 percent of early voters identifying themselves as Democrats versus 30 percent as Republicans.
NationalJournal.com - Obama, Romney Teams Vie for Early Voting Edge - Monday, July 30, 2012

Now time for you to ignore reality and attack the link or the author or the day it was written or...

Nice....see, how hard was that??? Interesting article....we'll have to see how it shapes up

Now where is the story about the OP?

From 2010:
The early vote: signs of GOP passion - Molly Ball - POLITICO.com
United States Elections Project

I'm with you on that but the Republicans suddenly ended it within months of the new election. Not to suppress anyones vote....No Way! They must want voting days to be equal for all Americans :eusa_shifty:

I thought you were for equality...and man you guys are millitant about it, so I wouldnt doubt this would be a policy.

Nice....see, how hard was that??? Interesting article....we'll have to see how it shapes up

From 2010:

The reason the article is interesting is because it proves you to be a liar :eusa_hand:

From 2010:

The reason the article is interesting is because it proves you to be a liar :eusa_hand:

I was wrong.....not a liar....liar is intent....but you wouldnt know that......the difference is I'll concede....unlike you....so wait......I FEEL morally superior to the gay rights guys.....wooooohoooooo

*crickets*
No... It's just that the less turnout there is voting, the better the chances of the republicans of winning.

Forum List

Back