How will ending early voting stop voter fraud?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ClosedCaption, Aug 2, 2012.

1. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,254
    Republicans banned early voting in 6 states? I guess the logic is that everyone can take off a day of work to vote, right?

*crickets*

2. plant

plant VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +172

Exactly not everyone can . Say you work for a green guy he knows you vote yellow guess what fuck yellow . It's simple forms of voter suppression :eusa_whistle:

3. MeBelle

MeBelle Mebellien Mothership © Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,151
    Actually, Most employers that I know of MUST give their employees time off to vote, even if the polls are open for 12 hours.

While there are no federal laws that require employers to give employees time off to vote, the majority of jurisdictions have laws that require private employers to give employees time off to vote, and in many of these states, the employee must be paid for this time. Most states, even those without voting leave laws, have laws protecting employees from employer influence, interference or intimidation regarding their political opinions and/or right to vote.

Let's petition Congress to make this a Federal law!

4. Peach

Peach Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,965
    There s so little actual fraud that nothing needs TO BE DONE. The 'illegals' voting hysteria is just that, a way to keep minorities and the poor from voting.

5. plant

plant VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Yes you are correct . Sad bullshit it Is to be poor ,then be descriminated against . I know i know pull your self up by the bootstraps boy ( girl) make something of yourself yada yada

6. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,254
    I'm with you on that but the Republicans suddenly ended it within months of the new election. Not to suppress anyones vote....No Way! They must want voting days to be equal for all Americans :eusa_shifty:

7. Peach

Peach Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,965
    Florida discourages voting, and Vulture Scott is pushing to hold down voter counts as much a possible this November, spending TAX PAYER money to do it also.j

8. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,983
    let me call the whaaaaambulence.....early voter actually helps republicans......all the working people can vote easier..

And where is the unbiased article on this?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  9. Dick Tuck

Dick Tuck Board Troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +502
    Sure, all those folks who made the career choice of saying, "would you like to supersize that" are given great benefits, like time off to vote....not! More right wing bullshit to suppress the people who need every penny from those McJobs to live.

I'll add again, that the greatest examples of voter fraud comes from absentee ballots, and the greatest number of convictions were Republicans. If the Republicans really wanted low hanging fruit in preventing voter fraud, they'd be demanding that states integrate vital statistics to coordinate with counties to scrub dead people from the rolls. Hell, my wife passed on 18 years ago, and is still being summoned for jury duty.

10. Dick Tuck

Dick Tuck Board Troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +502
    If it weren't for simpleton cliches you'd be at a loss for words.