How Will Christians React if Jesus Never Comes?

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
In light of the other thread, I find this an interesting question, as well. I'm a prolific reader of science fiction, and several authors have dealt with this question: How long will believers wait before losing faith?

It's been 2,000 years. At what point do you believe that Christianity will lose faith in Christ's return? Never? In 1,000 more years? In 5,000 more years? What impact does the non-returning of Christ have on the belief system?

After all, it's been predicted hundreds of times, to no avail. Would we have any reason to believe that it actually will occur?

Last edited:
Fiddlesticks.

Christians understand we will not know the day. Christ may appear tomorrow, or not for another thousand years or longer.

So really, for Christians, it makes no difference.

• Banned
Fiddlesticks.

Christians understand we will not know the day. Christ may appear tomorrow, or not for another thousand years or longer.

So really, for Christians, it makes no difference.

What do you think about the people who try to predict the date/time, like the other thread on this subject? Bonkers, if you ask me.

And that people will think they have more wisdom than believers, and will laugh at believers.

All true.

Christ will come again. They were skeptical Christ would come when He was prophesied to in the Merdian of Time. And yet He did. He will come soon as prophecied. How soon, I don't know. But considering the signs...

In light of the other thread, I find this an interesting question, as well. I'm a prolific reader of science fiction, and several authors have dealt with this question: How long will believers wait before losing faith?

It's been 2,000 years. At what point do you believe that Christianity will lose faith in Christ's return? Never? In 1,000 more years? In 5,000 more years? What impact does the non-returning of Christ have on the belief system?

After all, it's been predicted hundreds of times, to no avail. Would we have any reason to believe that it actually will occur?

Jesus is on the clock...

If he doesn't come soon it may be never

And that people will think they have more wisdom than believers, and will laugh at believers.

All true.

Scoffers will likely try to kill us all at some point too.

They already do. The US is still relatively safe...but it won't be for long. Just read stuff that the Christian haters on here write....look at my siggy, or anything Sky Dancer writes...

Jesus is on the clock...

:lol:

Jesus is on the clock...

oh he is coming alright,start watching for governments to turn on religion,watch for the united nations to become more active and gain more authority.

They already do. The US is still relatively safe...but it won't be for long. Just read stuff that the Christian haters on here write....look at my siggy, or anything Sky Dancer writes...

I don't believe paranoia is helpful to anyone. Non-believers in this country represent around 10% of the population. You still outnumber us about 10 to 1.

I don't believe paranoia is helpful to anyone. Non-believers in this country represent around 10% of the population. You still outnumber us about 10 to 1.

Yeah but who controls the military ?

Good thing Reagan enjoyed his psychics, then he acted like he enjoyed church.
If Christ does return they'll put him in GITMO

Forum List

Back