How/Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Yes, I'm still pretty green/new here. Sorry about the gender mishap. I should have looked but I was just laughing so hard on what I was thinking...LOL I posted it so quick I didn't pay attention. *shrugs*

Monty Python and the Holy Grail was the best ever film!

I initially chose BatBoy just because I have found the tabloid pictures of him very entertaining for years, and because I never intended to stick around here for very long.
I switched to MountainMan because I did decide to stick around and that is the name I have used for many years on other message boards. I grew up in the mountains and escape from the city to the mountains whenever I get the opportunity during spring and summer.

Yes, I'm still pretty green/new here. Sorry about the gender mishap. I should have looked but I was just laughing so hard on what I was thinking...LOL I posted it so quick I didn't pay attention. *shrugs*

Monty Python and the Holy Grail was the best ever film!

There's been some gender mis-identity with you also. :)
Not from me of course, because I can spot an internet women from just 2 PM's. :eusa_whistle:

1988. I decided to be a masked vigilante crime fighter and helper of folks in need. I caught purse snatchers, stopped vandals, walked old folks to their cars in malls. Ran from annoyed, but chagrined police. I worked after dark when the criminals did. Midnight was the witching hour when I would begin marauding.

Midnight Marauder.

1988. I decided to be a masked vigilante crime fighter and helper of folks in need. I caught purse snatchers, stopped vandals, walked old folks to their cars in malls. Ran from annoyed, but chagrined police. I worked after dark when the criminals did. Midnight was the witching hour when I would begin marauding.

Midnight Marauder.

So you are sort of like a Superhero...only not super.

:lol:

Midnight Marauder.

"Super" is fictional.

Although I did also have a habit, more a hobby if you will, of jumping off tall things with a parachute. Buildings, towers, etc. That was the "marauding" part.

Last edited:

Midnight Marauder.

Yer avatar went from pink to blue.
What's up with that? Did the purse snatchers and vandals not take you seriously enough?

Midnight Marauder.

Yer avatar went from pink to blue.
What's up with that? Did the purse snatchers and vandals not take you seriously enough?
It went from red, to green for St. Patrick's, to Blue.

I also have white, for weddings.

This is pink:
mountainman.gif

This is red:
302cqki.jpg

Yours is a cartoon rendering, mine is polyester satin.

Midnight Marauder.

he is one of these.........Real-life superhero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Midnight Marauder.

he is one of these.........Real-life superhero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Exactly. Except the reasons they give there are wrong. I didn't want any attention, or any publicity, and most especially didn't want my identity known. Hence, the mask.

Exactly. Except the reasons they give there are wrong. I didn't want any attention, or any publicity, and most especially didn't want my identity known. Hence, the mask.

Generally masks and moving swiftly around a city at midnight do not mix well.

You must have a very keen sense of hearing as your peripheral vision was likely nil.

I initially chose BatBoy just because I have found the tabloid pictures of him very entertaining for years, and because I never intended to stick around here for very long.
I switched to MountainMan because I did decide to stick around and that is the name I have used for many years on other message boards. I grew up in the mountains and escape from the city to the mountains whenever I get the opportunity during spring and summer.

You were funnier as BatBoy. Please be BatBoy again.

Forum List

Back