How Well Have Democrats Governed Since 06?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Saw this speech by Pelosi from when the Democrats won Congress in '06. Listen and see what promises she's made and then tick off how well they have kept those promises.
She is wrong on every single issue. This speech should be played by the GOP every day until Election Day.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5KC7zwdMfE]Pelosi speaks after Democrats win the House - YouTube[/ame]

civility check knot

bipartisinship check knot

transparency check knot

need I go on?

It is something Dems don't like to talk about. 5 years of Democrat power, how are things? Now I'm not saying Republicans are any better, Dems and Reps are about equal.

It is something Dems don't like to talk about. 5 years of Democrat power, how are things? Now I'm not saying Republicans are any better, Dems and Reps are about equal.

Republicans shoved a health care bill down people's throats using questionable tactics and a 2kpage bill? Republicans blocked Obama judicial nominees?
I could go on and on here. Yes, the GOP is not perfect. Welcome to politics. But they are nowhere near is conniving and nasty as the Dums.

Considering the 111th Congress was one of the most productive in history, I'd say pretty well. Contrast that to the 112th Congress: Boehner and company are fast becoming the least productive congress in history.

And Dems did all that in a five month filibusterproof period. Pubs are shameless in lockstep obstruction, then saying Obama has no leadership.They will now pay...

Considering the 111th Congress was one of the most productive in history, I'd say pretty well. Contrast that to the 112th Congress: Boehner and company are fast becoming the least productive congress in history.

YES!
Very productive.
Unemployment at record levels for 3years.
Health care proving increasingly unpopular and unworkable. Just last week they scrapped the long term care program as too expensive.
Debt at record levels
U.S. downgraded for first time in history.
Increased foreign involvement in wars
Take over of financial, health care, and auto sectors.

This is why Congress' approval rating is below 20%. Please have more productive terms like this.

Nothing has gone right in this country since the Democrats took control of Congress and then the White House. I know they will deny this but what would you expect them to do? They have not done well.

New Topics

Forum List

Back