How well do you know other USMB members?

ErikViking said:
Does every laguage have it's own sign language too?

Pretty much. The supposed "International" Sign Language is the French Version. It isn't very intuitive IMO and makes it more difficult to learn.

no1tovote4 said:
Pretty much. The supposed "International" Sign Language is the French Version. It isn't very intuitive IMO and makes it more difficult to learn.
It is quite logical, I guess. But I have always thought of sign language like one language. Are some signs the same? The alphabet?

Did you know that deaf people were trained into divers because they had the ability to comunicate at depth?

Joker has unusual allergic reactions from 2 things.
One is metal, yes metal. In fact it's so bad, I have to cover the
back of the button on my pants or I'll break out. Titanium is the only
exception. What other allergy does joker have?
Hint: it's a type of food.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Joker has unusual allergic reactions from 2 things.
One is metal, yes metal. In fact it's so bad, I have to cover the
back of the button on my pants or I'll break out. Titanium is the only
exception. What other allergy does joker have?
Hint: it's a type of food.
Shrimp

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I dunno, tried many different kinds and they all send me to the hospital.
Have you tried some of the ingredients seperately so as not to repeat those hospital trips should they be in something else? Or at least see what ones they all have in common?
My ex sis in law's mother was severely allergic to walnuts.
My nephew was so allergic (to all kinds of things, not just food) that my sis in law would have to cook a very specialized diet for him altering their lives on so many levels.
I'm not allergic to food but many medicines.

ErikViking said:
It is quite logical, I guess. But I have always thought of sign language like one language. Are some signs the same? The alphabet?

Did you know that deaf people were trained into divers because they had the ability to comunicate at depth?

Even the alphabet is different. They were developed separately long before instant communication was available. Many divers study sign so they can communicate at depth still.

Did you know that Alexander Graham Bell was a sign teacher before he got rich from developing the telephone?

Forum List

Back