CDZ How We Will Finally Deal With Guns America

you can't buy alcohol till 21...if that was the case here---no one would've died
he could've used a bomb--but much much harder to build, and activate
How do you know that? What is to keep the 19 year old who has a drivers license from plowing his car into the crowd of kids as they get out of the building? Stupid is as stupid votes and they vote Democrat...
there it is again
NO--he could have not just as EASILY--used a car/bomb/etc---it is much HARDER/difficult to kill as many --as FAST--with a car/bomb/etc
--you can't hide a car----you can only use it in certain areas--obviously you can't drive the car through the classrooms
the Columbine killers used bombs--and they didn't go off!!!

sure --people have used bombs in the US to murder--but how many times??? 1--2 -10?
--because they are more difficult to make/use/etc !!!! you can't deny this

85 deaths caused by a guy in a truck mowing down pedestrians, so your strawman is burning, bub.

Death toll rises to 85 in Bastille Day attack in Nice - CNN
these are terrorist that just want to kill anyone any where---
the School shooters want to kill the kids at a school
much different scenarios
very hard to run a car or truck through hallways----yes?
they have to go through a lot of obstacles before even reaching the doorways
in many instances they would not have much speed

you can't buy alcohol till 21...if that was the case here---no one would've died
How do you know that? What is to keep the 19 year old who has a drivers license from plowing his car into the crowd of kids as they get out of the building? Stupid is as stupid votes and they vote Democrat...
there it is again
NO--he could have not just as EASILY--used a car/bomb/etc---it is much HARDER/difficult to kill as many --as FAST--with a car/bomb/etc
--you can't hide a car----you can only use it in certain areas--obviously you can't drive the car through the classrooms

sure --people have used bombs in the US to murder--but how many times??? 1--2 -10?

85 deaths caused by a guy in a truck mowing down pedestrians, so your strawman is burning, bub.

again--I ask--if it's so easy to use bombs and cars for school/mass shootings/any murders--why don't they use them?? answer please
any body want to answer this or not??!!??

there it is again

you want to talk numbers??? not smart my friend
how many murders caused by vehicles in France in 1 year?? 85 ??200 at most??
France population 66 MILLION
STL MO population 320,000 2017 murders 199...in just 1 city

there it is again

again--I ask--if it's so easy to use bombs and cars for school/mass shootings/any murders--why don't they use them?? answer please
Because EVIL will do EVIL no matter what. 39 times the police were called on to investigate Cruz, and now you want the rest of US disarmed so we too can be protected by an incompetent police force? No thank yo.

there it is again

But how can murders occur in FRANCE when all guns are banned?

there it is again

Because EVIL will do EVIL no matter what. 39 times the police were called on to investigate Cruz, and now you want the rest of US disarmed so we too can be protected by an incompetent police force? No thank yo.
I don't want them disarmed
I enjoy shooting
I've fired many types of weapons--including an UZI
if I could I would own many of the historic wepaons
I took my kids shooting

you need a prescription from a doctor to get medicine
a lot of food/shelf medicine/MOUTHWASH/etc has child safety mechanisms
surely the most efficient--designed to kill ''tool'' should have the same.....?

there it is again

But how can murders occur in FRANCE when all guns are banned?
ok---you won't stop everything--but like someone else said--we want to cut the rate down--yes??
the murders occur--but at a much lower rate---not just a little less--a lot less
if the age to buy a gun was 21--the chances of that guy killing like he did would've been greatly--greatly reduced---yes?

sure kids--teens--etc have been shooting/hunting/etc --but a lot are still mentally kids
ater Columbine, the 2 Kentucky shootings, Sandy Hook, etc --i don't see how parents cannot keep their weapons far away/safe from their kids---you never know and you have to admit===no parent wants their kid to do this

there it is again

these are terrorist that just want to kill anyone any where---
the School shooters want to kill the kids at a school
much different scenarios
very hard to run a car or truck through hallways----yes?
they have to go through a lot of obstacles before even reaching the doorways
in many instances they would not have much speed

There is one big similarity: sick and/or evil people who are intent on killing others will find a way.

there it is again

Here's a reality check. On a population adjusted basis:

Screen-Shot-2016-04-05-at-Tuesday-April-5-1.05-AM.png

UPDATED: Comparing Death Rates from Mass Public Shootings and Mass Public Violence in the US and Europe - Crime Prevention Research Center

The Supreme court has already given Congress and all 50 states the power to do everything I posted.

Article one gives Congress all legislative powers.

Your gun rights can be regulated with impunity.

The Supreme Court does not legitimately have that authority. Neither does Congress nor the states. The right to keep and bear arms belongs to the people, and there is not any part of government that has the authority to interfere with this right. Every act on the part of any part of government to interfere with this right is an act of corruption and lawlessness.

The Second Amendment right is not ‘absolute,’ it’s subject to restrictions by government consistent with Second Amendment case law.

But Congress must first act to indeed implement those restrictions, which it refuses to do.

Where, in the words “…the right of the people…shall not be infringed.” do you find the authority for Congress or any other part of government to infringe the right being addressed?
They already have, as you're not allowed to buy grenades, rocket launchers, surface to air missiles, mines, cannons and their ammo... all kinds of weapons have already been infringed upon.

I have a friend who has an anti-tank cannon. You are incorrect.

No..."shall not be infringed:

No "Well Regulated"

See, I can cherry pick rights to.

Now lets take a look at what the Supreme Court decided about your "rights".

On pp. 54 and 55, the majority opinion, written by conservative bastion Justice Antonin Scalia, states: “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited…”. It is “…not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

“Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.”

“We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller (an earlier case) said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time”. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons.’ ”

The court even recognizes a long-standing judicial precedent “…to consider… prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons.”
The English langue is important ... Things like commas mean things.

Leaving aside how important the "English langue" is, any literate reader would have to conclude that in the case of this document language, particularly given the passage of 240 years, commas don't necessarily mean things, I don't care what Gertrude Stein says.

I'm far more interested in the subordinate clause that opens the whole thing up. Because it's a basis of reasoning given where no basis of reasoning is needed (and which appears nowhere else in any Amendment). That begs the question of what its function is.

Bottom line (comma) commas or no commas, the 2A is a grammatical train wreck. And that matters because it makes the intent inscrutably vague.
It isnt vague in any form. It is straight forward the right to bear arms shall nor be infringed.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

It would start with the prohibition of the manufacture and sale of any assault style carbine rifle, and high capacity magazines for rifles or pistols.

Then you pass a law requiring anyone that currently owns any assault style carbine rifles and high capacity magazines for rifles and pistols to be registered. You give everyone 1 year to do it. After that i year grace period, it is now a felony up to 10 years in prison if you get caught with one unregistered.

This allows you pass them on to family after your death, provided those family members can legally register them in their name.

Then the resale of any weapon must be done through a back ground check at the local sheriffs department, where the sale is conducted, or through a licensed dealer that records the sale.

This would take a time frame of about 10 years, before this gun regulation would either have these weapons confiscated and destroyed, hundreds of thousands of people either now in prison, or no longer able to own any gun, and what is left of these rifles and magazines now under wraps by private owners that cannot transfer them to anyone else without facing stiff mandatory sentencing.

It's just that simple.

Of course the whining and crying be vomit worthy for a while. It is much more easy to stomach than the crying of mothers and fathers at their childrens funerals.
Germany did this to the Jews as well... That didnt turn out so good.

Link?
You need a link to Jews having to be registered in Nazi germany?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

While there are myriad "hows," I'm willing to see implemented and measured any or all of them if it'll materially reduce the incidence of gun-related deaths. Insofar, however, as there remains no agreement on the "when" -- now being none too soon and already too late -- we'll "deal with" (attempt with all deliberacy to attenuate) gun-related deaths, all the ways by which we might do so don't yet matter in any non-academic way.

The Second Amendment right is not ‘absolute,’ it’s subject to restrictions by government consistent with Second Amendment case law.

But Congress must first act to indeed implement those restrictions, which it refuses to do.

Where, in the words “…the right of the people…shall not be infringed.” do you find the authority for Congress or any other part of government to infringe the right being addressed?
They already have, as you're not allowed to buy grenades, rocket launchers, surface to air missiles, mines, cannons and their ammo... all kinds of weapons have already been infringed upon.

I have a friend who has an anti-tank cannon. You are incorrect.
Where does he buy his ammo? Bombs R Us? And where can I buy a nuke?

Bottom line (comma) commas or no commas, the 2A is a grammatical train wreck. And that matters because it makes the intent inscrutably vague.

It isnt [sic] vague in any form. It is straight forward the right to bear arms shall nor [sic] be infringed.

It's “vague” to those who do not agree with it, and do not want it to be upheld. It is absolutely clear to those who understand what it means and agree with that meaning, which is that the people have a right to keep and bear arms, and that government is forbidden from infringing this right.

Those who do not agree with this meaning are left with trying to argue that it is vague, and badly-written, and that it must obviously not mean what it appears to clearly say.

Forum List

Back