How We Know Republicans Are Responsible For The Shutdown

least I checked boehnewr has compromised, he pulled the defunding codicil and added enforcement of the grassley amendment and a 1 year suspension of the individual mandate, so, obama suspended the employer mandate and the grassley amendment, so tell me, what is 'wrong' with the gop requests?

again that is not repealing the whole bill now is it? Picking and choosing what to fund is not the topic at hand.

So there is no need to answer an irrelevant question.

:rolleyes:
Typical isn't it? Plasma doesn't understand the Constitution, It's structure...and WHOM controls the purse strings. The HOUSE is doing what it is supposed to.

His livelihood is threatened...His gubmint check might not come in the mail...:eusa_whistle:

I personally don't appreciate being called a TERRORIST, ANARCHIST, FLAMETHROWER, for loving and following the US Constitution (RULE OF LAW) that HE vowed to UPHOLD and defend...SAME for Pelosi, OBAMA.

They are in for a fight they won't win.

It's Congress responsibility to reel in an unlawful POTUS through power of the purse. Madison's Federalist 58 ensured that. This must be done instead of impeachment at this point

-Geaux
THOSE guys are old, moldy, and DEAD...it doesn't matter...:eusa_whistle:
/Tongue-in-cheek...

there is a difference between suspending aspects of a law and trying to outright repeal it 40+ times.

you go and get 40 or so speeding tickets, people are going to claim you like to speed.

least I checked boehnewr has compromised, he pulled the defunding codicil and added enforcement of the grassley amendment and a 1 year suspension of the individual mandate, so, obama suspended the employer mandate and the grassley amendment, so tell me, what is 'wrong' with the gop requests?

again that is not repealing the whole bill now is it? Picking and choosing what to fund is not the topic at hand.

Meaning you got nuthin...we get it.

It is very simple.

The GOP has voted 40 times in the House to repeal ObamaCare.

Now they want to defund (delay) it for one year.

One year from now is the mid-term elections which the Republicans hope will give them a majority in Congress at which time they can then vote to repeal ObamaCare again, this time with the repeal passing both houses of Congress.

The GOP knows that if ObamaCare launches and then runs for a whole year, a lot of the kinks will get worked out, and millions and millions and millions and millions of people will grow to like it. A lot.

And then the GOP is fucked on the mid-terms.

So they are doing a Hail Mary pass right now. They are desperate and holding the entire country hostage.

The Democrats sure as shit would not want to shut the government down or delay Obamacare for a year. They know time is on their side.

That is how you know this shutdown is all on the GOP.

The GOP fucked up big time. Healthcare costs have been a problem for the country for a long time. That's why we almost got HillaryCare. That's why even the right wing Heritage foundation investigated the problem and suggested a health insurance mandate as part of the solution.

But what did the GOP do about rising healthcare costs when it controlled all three branches of government? Anyone? Anyone?

NOTHING!!!! That's what.

Then the Democrats get back and power and put a plan on the table. America decided their plan was better than NOTHING.

And that's how we got to where we are.

And so what is the GOP's alternative plan to ObamaCare? What is the GOP finally come up with to reform out of control health care costs?

NOTHING!!!!

Still...NOTHING!!!!

This is beyond amazing.

Even at this too late date, their only alternative plan is NOTHING!!!!.

And that is why they are holding their breath until they turn blue now.

This is just how far my beloved party has fallen.

And how many martoonis did it take to come up with that?

I personally don't appreciate being called a TERRORIST, ANARCHIST, FLAMETHROWER, for loving and following the US Constitution (RULE OF LAW) that HE vowed to UPHOLD and defend...SAME for Pelosi, OBAMA.

It's Congress responsibility to reel in an unlawful POTUS through power of the purse. Madison's Federalist 58 ensured that. This must be done instead of impeachment at this point

-Geaux
In all candor? Thanks for the Federalist reference. TOO many people don't know and don't care. THEY are the true anarchists.

Dubya and Delay had a chance to do something good for the American people, but instead, they fucked us.

I knew Dubya was a traitor as soon as he let Ted Kennedy write "No Child Let alone" Act and proposed Medicare Part D.

Apple/Tree
A bit of forgotten history. Thanks Frank. And Invited Kennedy and other rubes to the WH to watch movies afterward...

BUSH was a huge problem as well. Never could find that VETO PEN.

Call it "COMPASSIONATE CONSERVATISM"...A.K.A. PROGRESSIVISM with a (R) next to your name...

Last edited:

At first glance I was ready to dismiss the article as merely a reporter's opinion against a lawyer's.

But it's a little deeper than that.

The author of the piece, Simon Lazarus, is Senior Counsel at the Constitutional Accountability Center, and previously served as Associate Director of the Carter White House Domestic Policy Staff.

Republican Congressman Scott Garrett is the founder and Chairman of the Congressional Constitution Caucus, and is highly respected among his House colleagues as an authority on constitutional issues.

So I call it a push.

They STILL refuse to talk...REID asked a reporter today that ..."By what right does the House have to do this..."

REID can't stand that they have the power of the purse. I advise Boehner, and the Republicans to stay the course. Force the Democrats in the Senate, and Obama to admit what they're doing. Their tactic isn't working.

WE are awake...and THEY are overplaying their hand...
Reid really does think he's some sort of demigod, doesn't he?

What a petulant child.
He's a TYRANT just like Obama...He's colluding with Obama...With The Botox Babe, Pelosi...Their supreme ARROGANCE is glowing like the SUN for ALL to see...

Their BLUFF is being called.

They hate it when the stupid proles don't STFU and do what they're told.

Reid really does think he's some sort of demigod, doesn't he?

What a petulant child.
He's a TYRANT just like Obama...He's colluding with Obama...With The Botox Babe, Pelosi...Their supreme ARROGANCE is glowing like the SUN for ALL to see...

Their BLUFF is being called.

They hate it when the stupid proles don't STFU and do what they're told.
So WE are called Anarchists, TEA PARTY Hobbits...and other choice names...BY the Political Class Elitists...You know, OUR EMPLOYEES?

The whole CROP needs to GO.

The Republicans have to keep reminding Americans when the Democrats came up with Obamacare, they gave waivers to all of Congress to vote for the unfair program so it wouldn't affect them personally.

Republicans would do well to insist that the waiver be stripped from the plan. That would receive headlines and highlight the unfairness of this practice.

:rolleyes:

exactly.

well besides being those things, looking at this as needing to win means you already lost. you are more an enemy of the country because of it.

well besides being those things, looking at this as needing to win means you already lost. you are more an enemy of the country because of it.

Every day this goes on, the more hay the Pubs make

I love it!

-Geaux

Meaning you are ready to take up arms?

nah, i dont like bashing minorities.

Finally, a muster at Little Big Horn?

:flameth:

-Geaux

The Republicans have to keep reminding Americans when the Democrats came up with Obamacare, they gave waivers to all of Congress to vote for the unfair program so it wouldn't affect them personally.

Republicans would do well to insist that the waiver be stripped from the plan. That would receive headlines and highlight the unfairness of this practice.

I AGREE...Boehner has some 'Splainin' to do in this regard...

Harry Reid’s Office Leaks Boehner Office Emails—And It Could Ruin Any Faith You Have in Washington

A series of leaked emails authored by House Speaker John Boehner’s chief of staff Mike Sommers show that the Speaker may have coordinated with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to exempt Congress from Obamacare.
The emails were leaked Tuesday by Reid chief of staff David Krone, who actually has a history of this sort of thing.

Government shutdown: John Boehner’s private fight for Hill health subsidies <ROOT

Forum List

Back