How we know Hitler was right wing.

Pete -

Your post might make more sense if you direct It at someone left wing. I am not - I am just left of right-wing extremists nutcases like yourself. All genuine conservatives are.

Wanting to be honest about history is neither a left wing nor a right wing trait - more a trait of literate people versus people such as yourself, Wailing Wall and BriPat.

Last edited:
If you wish to go with just sheer numbers then Stalins USSR is significantly worse, having murdered at least 60 million of their own people. Roosevelt sided with the USSR because he admired Uncle Joe.

Why, I have no idea.

Why, is because Roosevelt and Stalin shared the same views on economics and governance. Roosevelt admired the USSR and wanted to remake the USA in that model.

They did both seem fond of throwing innocent civilians into 'camps.' They did both seem fond of consolidating governmental power into the hands of one man.

I don't disagree with any of that BriPat, but as I am sure you can appreciate - the fact that there was private corporations, prive investment, a stock market, entrepreneurialism, and considerable private import/export in Germany, it most definitely is more capitalist than communist.

They weren't "private" in any real sense. They were little more than arms of the government. They didn't make a "profit" in the economic sense. The government paid the former owners a fee for managing the operation. It's not clear to me that anyone bought or sold stocks under the Nazi regime. Why exchange one stock for another when the "profitability" of both was mandated by the government? There was no "entrepreneurship." New firms couldn't come into existence unless they were part of the government's 4-year plan. Even the Soviet Union had imports and exports.

The Nazi regime maintained the trappings of capitalism, but they no longer served the purpose that they should have served under capitalism. They were fictions.

Fascism is far closer to communism than capitalism.

YOU need to read this book, mate

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Arms-Krupp-Industrial-Dynasty-Germany/dp/0316529400]The Arms of Krupp: The Rise and Fall of the Industrial Dynasty That Armed Germany at War: William Manchester: 9780316529402: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Krupp took orders from the government.

End of story.

For a supposed journalist saigon is amazingly ignorant and uneducated.

For a supposed journalist, he's the PERFECT illustration of compulsive ignorance and leftist brainwashing. He's a poster child for what most of the world's "journalists" are...

Cheerleaders and propagandists of marxist dogma.

No, even for a journalist saigon is remarkably ignorant. He absolutely MUST google EVERYTHING. He has never uttered an original thought that I can remember. Even for a journalist that is incredible.

And truly sunshine, you have never hurt my feelings so why on earth would I feel the need to "stalk" you? I am merely stating what is patently obvious to those who are new to the thread and might not have dealt with you before.

i am rendering a public service.

Pete -

Your post might make more sense if you direct It at someone left wing. I am not - I am just left of right-wing extremists nutcases like yourself. All genuine conservatives are.

Wanting to be honest about history is neither a left wing nor a right wing trait - more a trait of literate people versus people such as yourself, Wailing Wall and BriPat.

If you wish to be accurate about history then please do so. You are revising history to suit your ultra collectivist mind set. You are no better than the holocaust deniers you attempt to paint climate change sceptics as.

Pot meet kettle. Every comment, and insult, you make is more accurately aimed at you sunshine.

I don't disagree with any of that BriPat, but as I am sure you can appreciate - the fact that there was private corporations, prive investment, a stock market, entrepreneurialism, and considerable private import/export in Germany, it most definitely is more capitalist than communist.

They weren't "private" in any real sense. They were little more than arms of the government. They didn't make a "profit" in the economic sense. The government paid the former owners a fee for managing the operation. It's not clear to me that anyone bought or sold stocks under the Nazi regime. Why exchange one stock for another when the "profitability" of both was mandated by the government? There was no "entrepreneurship." New firms couldn't come into existence unless they were part of the government's 4-year plan. Even the Soviet Union had imports and exports.

The Nazi regime maintained the trappings of capitalism, but they no longer served the purpose that they should have served under capitalism. They were fictions.

Fascism is far closer to communism than capitalism.

YOU need to read this book, mate

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Arms-Krupp-Industrial-Dynasty-Germany/dp/0316529400]The Arms of Krupp: The Rise and Fall of the Industrial Dynasty That Armed Germany at War: William Manchester: 9780316529402: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

I have. The overiding theme throughout the third reich period is one of survival. There was some innovation at Krupp during that period but mainly they had to do their masters bidding. No business decision was made without the absolute approval of the State.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Forum List

Back