How we can fight world hunger

of course its one thing to say its a myth but quite another to offer evidence.

You have all the evidence on TV...just watch Sandy Duncan holding a half dead African kid on his way out.

that is your idea of evidence??????

the TV is yours?

But seriously, I don't buy those scams that come on late night TV saying "For just $.50 cents a day you can feed an entire village"

Really??? because $.50 cents can't buy a stick of gum in America......lol

Emotional Scams is what they are. nothing more. Notice how FAT Sandy Duncan has gotten from the proceeds???

hahahhaa

Last edited:
Pictures like this are just designed to tug on your heart strings and your wallet. That kid was already dying, the vulture smelled him. that's how they hunt.

You can find the same picture if you go to the Bronx in New York or Miami or Chicago.

FEED AMERICA'S KIDS FIRST! And I might be interested.

feed+the+children+2.JPG

Pictures like this are just designed to tug on your heart strings and your wallet. That kid was already dying, the vulture smelled him. that's how they hunt.

You can find the same picture if you go to the Bronx in New York or Miami or Chicago.

FEED AMERICA'S KIDS FIRST! And I might be interested.

"It is a shame on humanity that in a world that is richer than ever before, six million children due of malnutrition and related illnesses before they reach the age of five," Ziegler said.

The study, which goes before the current 61st session of the General Assembly, points out that the majority of the hungry live in Asia and Africa, while about 80 percent live in rural areas and depend on agriculture and pastoralism to survive.

"They are hungry because they do not have enough work, or access to productive resources like and water sufficient to feed their families," it says.

In a statement released Monday to commemorate both World Food Day and the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said the world has the resources and the know-how to make hunger history. "What we need is political will and resolve," he said.

aahh yes. Taxing the rich.

you do realize that means EVERY poor person in this country would be taxed...... ALL of them. Every last person in this country.

People will simply have to buy less luxuries and starving people will be fed. What is bad about that?
Which people? The people you pick?

Let's say you find out I have $5,000 in the bank. You determine my tax should be $250 and you take it away from me. That figure does not tell you that I am disabled and unable to work. My life expectancy is 30 years, based on the averages of all my family combined, but I could live another 40 years. Let's take the 5,000 I have to live on for the next 30 years and decide what I have to live on, shall we? Five thousand divided by 30 is $166.67 per year. My land taxes are $7,000 a year. I'm going to have trouble scraping up money just to break even this year, what am I going to do for the next 29 years with no money? And you're demanding that I pay $250 for people somewhere else? Please!

Do you see how unfair taxes can be when it looks to you like somebody else has a pile of money? Divide that pile up by their life expectancy, and you get all they have in the world, God fobidding a destruction of our economic system.

Yes, economy is important, and so are people's privacy issues about how they will spend the "pile" of money they seem to have, which is not important to younger people who are making $30,000 a year or more on the average these days, more if they're bright and finished college.

;)

Last edited:
"They are hungry because they do not have enough work".

That is perfectly stupid and liberal!! They are hungry becuase they don't have enough Republican capitalism. Under capitalism supply = demand. The supply of work = the demand for work!!

A liberal will lack the IQ to understand that so millions will continue to slowly starve to death.

New Topics

Forum List

Back