How was your day 1 of the draft?

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
The Lions pick I think was somewhat puzzling but after some thought I can see it. The Lions, I believe, picked best player in the draft at the time. I thought we would have chosen a position need like CB or OT, though LB and DE could be viewed as a need as well. Looking forward for tonights 2nd and 3rd picks.

Atlanta what are you thinking???? all those picks for a wide out? Great job Mike, my hats off to you:clap2:

Saints got Ingram late, they are extremely lucky. There backfield just got noticeable better IMO.

6:00pm on ESPN rounds 2&3

Nick Fairly highlights
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQnHuoot5cs&feature=related]YouTube - Nick Fairley Highlights[/ame]

He should make the D line of the lions get well on their way to best in the league.

Awful. Terrible. Horrible. Nauseating.

As a Washington Redskins fan I SHOULD be used to this team failing at everything they try to do, but NO, they still manage to find ways to piss me off. I was very pleased with the initial trade down from #10 to #16; but then they go and select a mid-second round talent (Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan) with the #16 pick. To say I was LIVID would be a massive understatement.

I thought the Lions did great. Having Suh and Fairly to anchor your defense for the next ten years makes them a team to be reckoned with

As a Washington Redskins fan I SHOULD be used to this team failing at everything they try to do, but NO, they still manage to find ways to piss me off. I was very pleased with the initial trade down from #10 to #16; but then they go and select a mid-second round talent (Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan) with the #16 pick. To say I was LIVID would be a massive understatement.

As a Lions fan, I more than anyone else, can understand what you are seeing in Washington. It is something to just wonder about, you begin to think that they really don't know anything about football. In our case we were proven right and Millen really didn't know anything about football.

Dan Snyder.....nuff said

As a Lions fan, I more than anyone else, can understand what you are seeing in Washington. It is something to just wonder about, you begin to think that they really don't know anything about football. In our case we were proven right and Millen really didn't know anything about football.

The truly scary thing is that in the last two drafts Dan Snyder has stepped back and let two (supposed) proven personnel guys (Shannahan and Bruce Allen) take the reins completely. It had been suggested that Snyder was the problem in the past. He's no longer involved in the personnel moves and they're STILL screwing it all up.

Good if somewhat unglamorous in Seattle. They looked hard at trading down which would have been fine but didn't like their offers so got a "need" pick and a pretty good one I think.

Bama T James Carpenter was not on most round one radars but I like the choice. He can play both tackle spots or either guard. Seattle will plug him in at RT and see what he can do. Supposedly he is a real grinder who plays with a mean streak, something Seattle needs if they want to see more "beast mode" runs from RB Lynch like he had verses NO in the playoffs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynn7VGY2Asc]YouTube - Marshawn Lynch[/ame]

Giants got Prince Amukamara who could become King Amukamara if Prince William dies

Round two is getting ready to start 6 min. ESPN. Mayhew needs to step up and get it done, so far he's done average to above average.

Miami picking Mike Pouncey as a center certainly solidifies the offensive line. Miami wants to run the ball and having a 300 pound agile center helps. I like the pick. Even though a QB might be a need that is a crapshoot in a blind alley. This is a solid pick.

Doplhs don't get a 2nd round pick so this pick is probably their draft. If they resign Williams and Brown the smash mouth might be back.

As HORRIFIC as yesterday was for me as a Washington Redskins fan. TONIGHT has been 10X WORSE.

We reached obscenely on a DT/NT at #41 and then proceeded to decide that we don't want to make any more picks. We've traded down at least three times since then and acquired enough worthless 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks to completely stock our special teams units for the next decade.

WHAT A FRIGGIN JOKE!!!!

Forum List

Back