How was your day 1 of the draft?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by spectrumc01, Apr 29, 2011.

1. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    The Lions pick I think was somewhat puzzling but after some thought I can see it. The Lions, I believe, picked best player in the draft at the time. I thought we would have chosen a position need like CB or OT, though LB and DE could be viewed as a need as well. Looking forward for tonights 2nd and 3rd picks.

Atlanta what are you thinking???? all those picks for a wide out? Great job Mike, my hats off to you:clap2:

Saints got Ingram late, they are extremely lucky. There backfield just got noticeable better IMO.

6:00pm on ESPN rounds 2&3

Nick Fairly highlights
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQnHuoot5cs&feature=related]YouTube - Nick Fairley Highlights[/ame]

He should make the D line of the lions get well on their way to best in the league.

2. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Awful. Terrible. Horrible. Nauseating.

As a Washington Redskins fan I SHOULD be used to this team failing at everything they try to do, but NO, they still manage to find ways to piss me off. I was very pleased with the initial trade down from #10 to #16; but then they go and select a mid-second round talent (Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan) with the #16 pick. To say I was LIVID would be a massive understatement.

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,335
    I thought the Lions did great. Having Suh and Fairly to anchor your defense for the next ten years makes them a team to be reckoned with

4. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    As a Lions fan, I more than anyone else, can understand what you are seeing in Washington. It is something to just wonder about, you begin to think that they really don't know anything about football. In our case we were proven right and Millen really didn't know anything about football.

5. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,335
    Dan Snyder.....nuff said

6. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    The truly scary thing is that in the last two drafts Dan Snyder has stepped back and let two (supposed) proven personnel guys (Shannahan and Bruce Allen) take the reins completely. It had been suggested that Snyder was the problem in the past. He's no longer involved in the personnel moves and they're STILL screwing it all up.

7. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Good if somewhat unglamorous in Seattle. They looked hard at trading down which would have been fine but didn't like their offers so got a "need" pick and a pretty good one I think.

Bama T James Carpenter was not on most round one radars but I like the choice. He can play both tackle spots or either guard. Seattle will plug him in at RT and see what he can do. Supposedly he is a real grinder who plays with a mean streak, something Seattle needs if they want to see more "beast mode" runs from RB Lynch like he had verses NO in the playoffs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynn7VGY2Asc]YouTube - Marshawn Lynch[/ame]

8. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,335
    Giants got Prince Amukamara who could become King Amukamara if Prince William dies

9. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    We already have King (Lebron) James. Amukamara can be the cornerback formally known as Prince. :razz:

10. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Round two is getting ready to start 6 min. ESPN. Mayhew needs to step up and get it done, so far he's done average to above average.