How was it for you?

UsaPride said:
I have a very important question...
My brother just came by and is very upset. He voted this morning and voted Bush, of course. Then he voted straight Republican for the rest. He didn't vote for the judges though. After he turned in his ballot and was leaving someone told him his vote didn't count because he didn't vote for judges. I looked on the web and can't find anything. Can someone tell me if he really screwed up here? He is VERY upset!!

This very well may turn out to be an issue on the state level......the secretary of state would determine that. I dont know of any legislation that require all fields to be filled in with a vote for a ballot to be valid. There are numbers to call, get him connected.

Northern VA....and all good! For a minute, I thought there be a brawl at the cafeteria....no air conditioning, and a woman standing there with her "Fire Bush" pin....people nodding and joking....and in walks a guy with a T shirt that said,"Kerry has no Class, Teresa has no Class: Vote W '04"

There were some very upset people, but for the most part everyone just nodded and joked. I have opbserved that most liberals have no sense of humor when it comes to criticism of their candidate, but they are fully supportive of bashing the opposition.

Anyway, 1 hour and almost 60 minutes later, I was through the cafeteria with my little "I VOTED" sticker....I added it to the others on my motorcycle helmet.

Just got back 20 minutes ago. Went to the school and looked around thinking, am I in the right place? there were only 2 other people there besides me. In and out in less than 5 minutes!!!!! Not sure how good my vote will be for Bush, being NJ is filled with a bunch of LIBS!!!!! :(

I worked at the polls from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m. our time, and I have never seen anything like this in my life. We had early voting available this year, and thousands of people took advantage of that, even waiting up to 2 hrs. in line on Sunday. We thought that might take some of the strain off today's voters, but it sure didn't. It has been pouring rain here since last night, and people were standing in line in the rain for up to 2 hrs. in the early morning hours waiting to vote. Most of the time I was at the polls, it was an hour, hour and a half, or two hour wait to vote. It will be interesting to see how all this comes out and how many people voted in this election. I bet it will be a tremendous number!

I sent my absentee ballot to my mother in NYC so she could deliver it by hand, to avoid any mix-ups, but it never got to her. So I hopped on a train at 2 A.M. last night, got to the polls when they opened at 6, cast my vote, and hopped right back on another train for Providence.

Coffee, anyone?

If I am not mistaken, you are the only one allowed to deliver the absentee ballot, not a family member or any proxy. Glad to hear that you stood up to be counted....it is important!

I did see quite a few "new" voters. Young people and others who had never voted at my polling place. It is good to see.

Any bets on the toal count of voters?

my bet is 121 million.

nakedemperor said:
I sent my absentee ballot to my mother in NYC so she could deliver it by hand, to avoid any mix-ups, but it never got to her. So I hopped on a train at 2 A.M. last night, got to the polls when they opened at 6, cast my vote, and hopped right back on another train for Providence.

Coffee, anyone?

Damn, man. Well, you're dedicated, I'll give you that.

Mine was much easier. My total time involved in voting, from the time I picked up my keys to the time I walked back through my front door, was just under 15 minutes. Gotta love small towns. :banana:

nakedemperor said:

Coffee, anyone?

nah i dont drink coffee and my votes already counting:-D

My entire trip took about 15 minutes - no line - no waiting - and they didn't even ask for a shred of ID!! 4 MORE YEARS!!

Forum List

Back