How was it for you?

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
I'm in Georgia.....

I was at the pole at 6:45 an took my place in line for the 7pm opening, I probably had 200
in front of me. Things went smooth, everyone seemed to be in a good mood, lots of chat in line.
I walked out 1hr. 20mins. later (8:06) pretty fast for so many ahead of me...I guess we don't
have many "undecided" voters around here, huh?

Oh, when I left the line was still at least 200 long it's going to be a big turnout as predicted.

I was in line at 7am. They ended up moving the inside line to outside and I was then behind at least 200 people, LOL! The husband had to get to work, so we're going back this afternoon. It was so disappointing leaving without voting yet. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood. I looked over the crowd and was trying to pick out who everyone was voting for, LOL!! This has turned into a bad habit, LOL!!

I voted a couple of weeks ago at our local Von's grocery store. I go to the store about every other day and there hasn't been a long line, but every booth (about 20 of them) are filled every time I go by. It only took me about 10 minutes to vote.

There has been a huge turn-out of early voters here so far, so I can't wait to see the results.

The dems keep touting how they are going to win because so many early voters are registered democrats...... but that ASSumes those dems are voting along party lines.

I cannot wait!!!

was easy...I sat down w/ a #2 pencil, and simply connected arrows pointing to the choice I wanted to make. Then I sealed it up, and Mary took them to a voter-kiosk set up near one of our busy streets. :)

Easy as pie.

My son and I just went and voted for Bush and we were in line for about a half hour. ALL the people in front and behind us were voting for Bush and we had a really nice wait in line, we were all talking about why we are voting for Bush. Darn near brought tears to my eyes. I am in Southwestern Pennsylvania.

2 of the people in line with us were at the Bush rally in Burgettstown PA yesterday and they said there were about 12,000 people there to support him.

Alyzabeth

Voted in KY at 6:00 this morning. Long lines of very happy people excited to vote. When I stepped into the booth and hit the button for GW it was like punching the two Johns right in the nose...it was great!

It was crowded but they had a very efficient well organized system. I was told it has been crowded since they opened at 6.30 am. Interestingly the girl in front of me who hardly spoke English had no ID with her so she was politely told to come back tonight with the ID and she could vote then. Im glad they are checking for that!

remie said:
Voted in KY at 6:00 this morning. Long lines of very happy people excited to vote. When I stepped into the booth and hit the button for GW it was like punching the two Johns right in the nose...it was great!

I never get up early, but today boy there sure was a spring in my step to get to that school to vote. And yes it felt great!! :) :)

Bonnie said:
It was crowded but they had a very efficient well organized system. I was told it has been crowded since they opened at 6.30 am. Interestingly the girl in front of me who hardly spoke English had no ID with her so she was politely told to come back tonight with the ID and she could vote then. Im glad they are checking for that!

Yep..they check everyones ID here as well.

Bonnie said:
Interestingly the girl in front of me who hardly spoke English had no ID with her so she was politely told to come back tonight with the ID and she could vote then. Im glad they are checking for that!
They don't check ID's here. You just give them your name and address and they check to see if you're in the right place. I could go and say I'm anyone and vote. So bad!!!

They didnt check my idea. but then I live accross the street from them. So if they dont know who i am thats a problem.

but i feel good pulled the lever for Bush. it feels so good. Pennsylvania for the President!

I have a very important question...
My brother just came by and is very upset. He voted this morning and voted Bush, of course. Then he voted straight Republican for the rest. He didn't vote for the judges though. After he turned in his ballot and was leaving someone told him his vote didn't count because he didn't vote for judges. I looked on the web and can't find anything. Can someone tell me if he really screwed up here? He is VERY upset!!

UsaPride said:
My brother just came by and is very upset. He voted this morning and voted Bush, of course. Then he voted straight Republican for the rest. He didn't vote for the judges though. After he turned in his ballot and was leaving someone told him his vote didn't count because he didn't vote for judges. I looked on the web and can't find anything. Can someone tell me if he really screwed up here? He is VERY upset!!

Well the vote wouldnt count for the judges....but the others should.

UsaPride said:

Not true...no requirement to vote for/against everything on a ballot.

Well the vote wouldnt count for the judges....but the others should.
That's what you would think, but he was told that his whole ballot was invalid because he didn't vote for the judges. I talked to my cousin yesterday and she was told the same thing, wished I would have passed that info on. But, still, it doesn't sound right to me.

Mr. P said:
Not true...no requirement to vote for/against everything on a ballot.
Thanks Mr. P, I missed this earlier. So, why are they telling people they have to vote for everyone or it doesn't count?? And why tell them AFTER they're leaving?? Damn scare tactics, LOL!

UsaPride said:
Thanks Mr. P, I missed this earlier. So, why are they telling people they have to vote for everyone or it doesn't count?? And why tell them AFTER they're leaving?? Damn scare tactics, LOL!

"Damn scare tactics" Yep!

sunny california, the lone red dot in a sea of blue 7:00 am first in line first ballot in the cardboard box for a split second Bush was ahead

Got in line at 8:15, waited about 1 hour and 50 minutes, everyone was in a good mood, got a pool going with the girls in back of me to see what time we would hit the door, I lost. Inside everything was very smooth, present your DL they look you up, you sign, your given a ticket for a ballot, get your ballot and sign 2 different rolls and go vote.

USAPride, tell your brother to report that, there is no requirement to complete the ballot.

Oh yeah voted Bush.

Bonnie said:

here in sunny california they can not ask you for ID.....well at least the weather is nice

Forum List

Back