How utterly torn up the pro dealies are

GunnyL said:
I could be mistaken, but I believe it wouldn't be that hard to do any of the above NOW without owning anything. All you'd really have to do is tell someone from ABC Bush was hiding something in a port and everything that ever went in or out of it would be all over Page One.

LOL. Yeah. Tell them there's a KKK rally at the port. The media will swarm.

Kathianne said:
Gunny, we usually agree. I do somewhat understand and agree with the purposeful cluelessness of Congress. Yet, the real fault on issues such as illegal immigration lies directly at the feet of the population, for not responding to their representatives. There is now a marriage between illegal immigration and this Dubai fiasco, perhaps wrongly, but out of that possible wrong-people are writing and calling! Guess what is happening...

There is no lobbying firm that is out to get the electorate ennervated to such a degree that they will actually keep paying attention. What we are witnessing is full scale pullback by Washington, on several levels.

I think the correlation between illegal immigration and this port issue is stretched even further than the usual far-fetched crapola.

I also think the correlation between National security and who the profits are being mailed to is out there.

The illegal immigration issue, whether or not Washington wants to pull their collective heads back into the shell, is going to be a key issue come 2008.

The Republicans have disappointed me GREATLY. We were sick of the Dems and we empowered the Republicans to CHANGE things. They have done little. They still react to the Dems as if the Dems are the ones in power.

The illegal immigration issue should not be an issue at all. The laws already exist. Someone with some stones just needs to enforce them.

GunnyL said:
I could be mistaken, but I believe it wouldn't be that hard to do any of the above NOW without owning anything. All you'd really have to do is tell someone from ABC Bush was hiding something in a port and everything that ever went in or out of it would be all over Page One.

LOL - hide it - in plain sight - from Dan Rather. Let him think it's the double whammy: a chance to topple Bush and resurrect his own dead career in one motion!

GunnyL said:
I think the correlation between illegal immigration and this port issue is stretched even further than the usual far-fetched crapola.
Why? It shows a pattern of just really not giving a damn. Remember when he called the minutemen "vigilantes". How'd you feel about that? Its similar to how anyone who opposes this assinine deal is labelled a racist or xenophobe. It's crap.
I also think the correlation between National security and who the profits are being mailed to is out there.
I think they do more tha operate a p.o. box.
The illegal immigration issue, whether or not Washington wants to pull their collective heads back into the shell, is going to be a key issue come 2008.

The Republicans have disappointed me GREATLY. We were sick of the Dems and we empowered the Republicans to CHANGE things. They have done little. They still react to the Dems as if the Dems are the ones in power.

The illegal immigration issue should not be an issue at all. The laws already exist. Someone with some stones just needs to enforce them.

America is scheduled to become a brown nation. THere is to be no white majority nation in the new world order. We're too freedom oriented and "unmanageable".

GunnyL said:

Or sooner. The best thing congressional Republicans can hope for is that this port deal - rather than the rapidly approaching midterm elections - will serve as a referendum on immigration policy.

musicman said:
Probably worded poorly on my part. Here's Kathianne's original thought, which I should have posted to begin with:

"...I disagree about the ports, but not only on the context of UAE, but foreign control/workers at all ports of entry. Considering Bush's record on borders in general, I'm not reassured about the 'due diligence' claim...".

What I mean is, I don't give GW's idea of "due diligence" carte-blanche. His actions on border security tend to make such a phrase ring hollow.

Funny thing is that many of the same people who support the port deal are the same ones who harp constantly on illegals and the border, which is it going to be? Tough on people who have no past history of terrorism and soft on those who do have a past history? Is this what its come down to?

I have an idea? How about some fucking consistency from our elected leaders? How about pro dealies taking the same national security stance concerning our ports as they do with immigration(although as some of you here feel they are also soft on that).

musicman said:
Or sooner. The best thing congressional Republicans can hope for is that this port deal - rather than the rapidly approaching midterm elections - will serve as a referendum on immigration policy.

What I mean is, they're hoping the electorate vents on THIS DEAL rather than THEIR ASSES.

GunnyL said:

That was my point in the 'marriage' of the issues. The people have become more and more upset by both the numbers, threat to safety of the illegal immigrants. Yet from Washington we keep hearing, 'worker programs', earning citizenship, etc. Fox yelling about the US being 'xenophobic'-hmmm?

Along comes the Dubai story, low and behold a story of our 'ports' the one place all have said is the most vunerable to terrorism. That alone, now coupled with the further tone deafness of illegal immigration, accounts for the activation of the electorate, something no one-not politicians, lobbyists, or foreign diplomats wants to see.

OCA said:
Funny thing is that many of the same people who support the port deal are the same ones who harp constantly on illegals and the border, which is it going to be? Tough on people who have no past history of terrorism and soft on those who do have a past history? Is this what its come down to?

I don't know, OCA. For my part, it's not so much the character or history of the specific illegals involved, as it is the insanely porous nature of our borders. We're inviting disaster. As my brother, a Texan, says, "Bush sends the flower of American youth to the ME to protect the windows; meanwhile, he flings BOTH BARN DOORS open at home!"

musicman said:
I don't know, OCA. For my part, it's not so much the character or history of the specific illegals involved, as it is the insanely porous nature of our borders. We're inviting disaster. As my brother, a Texan, says, "Bush sends the flower of American youth to the ME to protect the windows; meanwhile, he flings BOTH BARN DOORS open at home!"
Both Barn doors North and South, now working on those East and West.

Kathianne said:

This president needs to decide which master he is serving - if he hasn't already...

Kathianne said:

If one is prone to be afraid, we certainly have a lot of reasons to. I think the term xenophobia is geting thrown around because it is not Americans we fear going in and out of our borders. It is people from other countries. I really think most folks are just plain pissed as opposed to afraid.

musicman said:

What is the disaster we are speaking of? Another 9/11 situation where the perpetrators walked through the desert over the border? Farfetched but not out of the realm of possibility I guess but i'd be willing to bet the perps are already here and they got in legally, I believe we have many sleeper cells here just waiting for the word go.

I think these guys would think the desert route too hard, usually they worm their way in like a cold virus, I mean to say that things you take for granted can carry the virus and same with terrorism, heck the student visa we give to some schlep from Yemen could be all he needs to plant the dirty bomb.

musicman said:
This president needs to decide which master he is serving - if he hasn't already...

He's too compassionate and not conservative enough. I think he really believes that if we are 'reasonable' so will others. How is that different than, "It's all our fault, we had it coming?"

As I've said before, there are plenty of ways to reward those countries and their companies that are 'with us', but allowing ownership in sensitive areas just doesn't meet the 'common sense' threshold.

OCA said:
What is the disaster we are speaking of? Another 9/11 situation where the perpetrators walked through the desert over the border? Farfetched but not out of the realm of possibility I guess but i'd be willing to bet the perps are already here and they got in legally, I believe we have many sleeper cells here just waiting for the word go.

I think these guys would think the desert route too hard, usually they worm their way in like a cold virus, I mean to say that things you take for granted can carry the virus and same with terrorism, heck the student visa we give to some schlep from Yemen could be all he needs to plant the dirty bomb.

But, even if everything you say is true, I still don't see where our heightened vulnerability merits anything less than the most vigorous enforcement of our existing immigration laws. And, we sure haven't been getting that.

musicman said:
But, even if everything you say is true, I still don't see where our heightened vulnerability merits anything less than the most vigorous enforcement of our existing immigration laws. And, we sure haven't been getting that.

Remember, OCA has a **** based cleaning service or something.

rtwngAvngr said:
Remember, OCA has a **** based cleaning service or something.

Uh no, I have 1 employee and i'm lucky if I see him 3 out of 4 saturdays a month and I only ask him to work saturdays. He's a high school kid, white as Barney Fife who likes souped up rice rockets and miller lite. :teeth:

OCA said:
Uh no, I have 1 employee and i'm lucky if I see him 3 out of 4 saturdays a month and I only ask him to work saturdays. He's a high school kid, white as Barney Fife who likes souped up rice rockets and miller lite. :teeth:

my bad.

rtwngAvngr said:
Why? It shows a pattern of just really not giving a damn. Remember when he called the minutemen "vigilantes". How'd you feel about that? Its similar to how anyone who opposes this assinine deal is labelled a racist or xenophobe. It's crap.

LOL, it IS vigilantism. Do I think it's justified? Hell yes, but it is STILL what it is.

The deal is not assinine. It's a business deal between competing corporations. Happens every day. I don't like selling ANYTHING out to foreign interests, but the fact is, this is nothing out of the ordinary.

If discrimination is not involved, then why state the Brits are more trustworthy than the UAE?

I think they do more tha operate a p.o. box.

WHAT exactly do they "do"?

America is scheduled to become a brown nation. THere is to be no white majority nation in the new world order. We're too freedom oriented and "unmanageable".

Whites are being bred out of existence. That's a fact. Nothing is going to stop that.

Forum List

Back