How US Taxpayers Are Paying The Pentagon To Occupy The Planet

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
-- David Vine, Al Jazeera

Author gives an insight into what it costs US taxpayers to build and support the American global military presence.

"Are you monitoring the construction?" asked the middle-aged man on a bike accompanied by his dog.

"Ah, si," I replied in my barely passable Italian.

"Bene," he answered. Good.

In front of us, a backhoe's guttural engine whined into action and empty dump trucks rattled along a dirt track. The shouts of men vied for attention with the metallic whirring of drills and saws ringing in the distance. Nineteen immense cranes spread across the landscape, with the foothills of Italy's Southern Alps in the background. More than 100 pieces of earthmoving equipment, 250 workers and grids of scaffolding wrapped around what soon would be 34 new buildings.

Read more ....How US taxpayers are paying the Pentagon to occupy the planet - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

My Comment: In short .... U.S. forces are everywhere. See graphic @ http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-opupDoLq9cM/UM3tK1LnxyI/AAAAAAABI9c/-bdfJD4lls0/s400/youtube_logo.gif

Another post on this blog expresses the opinion that Pres Obama wants Hagel to be Secty of Defense as part of a plan to remove US troops from many overseas bases. While all here must know my military background and conservative beliefs, I think this would be a great idea! It's time we bring our troops home and let other nations defend themselves.

--
I think this would be a great idea! It's time we bring our troops home and let other nations defend themselves.

How deluded are you to think US military is defending any nation including US?! It is defending the interests of multinational global elite clans.

Forum List

Back