Johnson How Upset Are Johnson Supporters?

The threshold for getting on the debate stage is 15%. in a compilation of 5 major polls. While I think this is ridiculous, it is the fact of the matter.

Gary Johnson is probably not going make it. A key reason? Jill Stein.

Jill Stein, who isn't even on the ballot in all 50 states ( which, by the way, is what I think should be the threshold ) is grabbing enough of the "unhappy vote" to keep the Libertarian from getting a chance to join the media bonanza.

I have to believe that Johnson supporters are on the verge of exploding with anger over this fact.
I find it hard to believe Stein is pulling votes from Johnson.

What the third party candidates lack is exposure in the mainstream media. The only reason Sanders did as well as he did was because he ran on the democrat ticket, which meant exposure. He was little known prior to the exposure.

You find it hard to believe...just because? And I'm not talking about votes. I'm talking polling percentage. Without her....he gets a higher percentage. Her supporters are more likely to go to him Han either Trump or Clinton.

They are actually getting exposure. What they don't have is money.....or platforms that aren't crazy.
The threshold for getting on the debate stage is 15%. in a compilation of 5 major polls. While I think this is ridiculous, it is the fact of the matter.

Jill Stein, who isn't even on the ballot in all 50 states ( which, by the way, is what I think should be the threshold ) is grabbing enough of the "unhappy vote" to keep the Libertarian from getting a chance to join the media bonanza.

I have to believe that Johnson supporters are on the verge of exploding with anger over this fact.

What the third party candidates lack is exposure in the mainstream media. The only reason Sanders did as well as he did was because he ran on the democrat ticket, which meant exposure. He was little known prior to the exposure.

You find it hard to believe...just because? And I'm not talking about votes. I'm talking polling percentage. Without her....he gets a higher percentage. Her supporters are more likely to go to him Han either Trump or Clinton.

They are actually getting exposure. What they don't have is money.....or platforms that aren't crazy.
You find it hard to believe...just because?

Because they are ideologically disparate. There is admittedly a small cross over appeal on a couple of issues but I don't believe it is preventing Johnson from attaining the requisite 15%, despite what you or Politico write.

They are actually getting exposure.

Really? Major network, prime time or Sunday talk show? Bernie was regularly getting both. Maybe Johnson has got some cable news coverage. I don't think Stein has gotten anything.

And I'm not talking about votes. I'm talking polling percentage.

What are they polling if not the likelihood of a vote?

What did Politico write? Something similar to what I said? Maybe you should give it consideration, then.

You don't pay attention. Stein just had a town hall in prime time on CNN. Johnson and Weld have had more than one. They have both been on the Sunday shows. Both parties have been included in poll results for quite some time now.

It's is pretty simple. There are a lot of people who want to vote but can't stand either Trump or Hillary. If they were given only one alternative in a poll as opposed to two....Johnson would have a bette shot at getting on the debate stage.

Stop being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. This isn't rocket science.

The deal about the debates is special. You can have your mug pasted all over the media for 60 days (like Trump).. But a LOT of folks are looking for that "side by side" comparison. Like comparing suits off the rack. It's the contrast between candidates ON THE SAME stage that changes minds and hearts.

LParty ticket is getting their FIFTH free hour of media this Friday. From Fox Business this time. 9PM EST.

This is good. Everyone is scared. Even the media. The time to stop this partisan brawl for power is now.
Not quite the amount of exposure I had in mind but it is a good thing nonetheless. Every little bit helps.

LParty ticket is getting their FIFTH free hour of media this Friday. From Fox Business this time. 9PM EST.

This is good. Everyone is scared. Even the media. The time to stop this partisan brawl for power is now.
Not quite the amount of exposure I had in mind but it is a good thing nonetheless. Every little bit helps.

Something is better than nothing I suppose. There should be at least 2 third party candidates invited to debate on the national stage though, IMO.

Something is better than nothing I suppose. There should be at least 2 third party candidates invited to debate on the national stage though, IMO.

Wouldn't that get in the way of the Trump -- Clinton grudge match? People are EXPECTING a coliseum type event. With punching and hair pulling and screaming. Maybe have a REAL debate and then a "meet me in the alley bitch " event right after??

My money is on Johnson for the alley match-up..

Johnson, of himself, might actually be a decent candidate.

His primary problem is that he he currently backed by a nitwit fringe. Should he try for any office in 2020 the tar and feathers of those silly shits will cling to him like stink on a liberal. Unless he can slough off his lunatic cheering squad he's doomed.

Wouldn't that get in the way of the Trump -- Clinton grudge match? People are EXPECTING a coliseum type event. With punching and hair pulling and screaming. Maybe have a REAL debate and then a "meet me in the alley bitch " event right after??

My money is on Johnson for the alley match-up..

OMG, how I would love to see a Trump vs Clinton celebrity death match! :2up:

Johnson, of himself, might actually be a decent candidate.

His primary problem is that he he currently backed by a nitwit fringe. Should he try for any office in 2020 the tar and feathers of those silly shits will cling to him like stink on a liberal. Unless he can slough off his lunatic cheering squad he's doomed.

He's be a lot BETTER candidate if he actually spent more time real libertarians. He's making a lot of overtures to progressive ideas and plans. And THAT leaves him as a "bipartisan moderate" -- not solving or fixing things with any coherent political bent.

At this point -- that's still preferable to lunatics that want to continue the 2 party cross-blaming and tabloid campaigns. But "goin left" instead of "goin libertarian" is a big problem.

Forum List

Back