How twisted do you have to be...

Bullypulpit said:
What leads you to think I should want such an abomination?

You keep quoting the bible as paths for which our government should create the laws of the land. I assume that means you wish the government to follow the bible for guidance when deciding these things.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
well it is a bit disturbing that he could think up a scenario like that, but whats your point?

Abortion is wrong period.

life is tough sometimes, but there is no excuse for terminating someone elses life.
I agree except in cases of rape, incest, and if the child/mother/both are in danger of dying upon delivery.

Kagom said:
I agree except in cases of rape, incest, and if the child/mother/both are in danger of dying upon delivery.

I used to think that too Kag. But in the first two instances, you're condeming the unborn to death for something it had no part in. You're killing an innocent person.

Your later point makes sense.

Bullypulpit said:
You would force a woman to carry the child of her rapist? You're almost as bad as Napoli.

Yeah I happen to think killing human life is wrong and I am the bad one...

Bullypulpit said:
<blockquote>
Matthew 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Luke 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged.

Romans 2:1
Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

James 4:12
Who art thou that judgest another? </blockquote>

Since you cannot stand in the same position as a woman seeking to terminate a pregnancy, whether it was the result of rape or an unplanned pregnancy resulting from failed birth control, or an unplanned pregnancy where the woman and her family simply can't support another child...Can you truly stand in judgement of them?

As for the measure being the "will of the people", The "people" have been known to be wrong on occaision. This is one such occaision.

If you hate the will of the people so much, then who do you propose rule the government, you?

BTW, I hate when people are totally ignorant of the Bible and rip verses out of context. We are commanded to judge.

insein said:
You keep quoting the bible as paths for which our government should create the laws of the land. I assume that means you wish the government to follow the bible for guidance when deciding these things.

I'm merely throwing your own dogma back in your face.

If you hate the will of the people so much, then who do you propose rule the government, you?

BTW, I hate when people are totally ignorant of the Bible and rip verses out of context. We are commanded to judge.

The "will of the people" is a good thing when the people behave rationally. But when the "will of the people" becomes a tyranny of the majority, it must be tempered by the tools of government in the form of laws and courts and legislatures.

It was the "will of the people" that decreed the doctrine of "separate but equal" was just and fair and good when it was anything but. But the Supreme Court in "Brown v Board of Education" decided that the "will of the people" was unjust and unfair , definitely not good. Thus it overturned that inherently unjust set of laws spawned by that ill-concieved policy.

The "will of the people" is a wonderful thing when directed towards the good of all. But when it becomes a tool of demagogues, charlatans and poltroons on both sides of the aisle, as it has now become, it is a weapon of mass destruction.

Pale Rider said:
I used to think that too Kag. But in the first two instances, you're condeming the unborn to death for something it had no part in. You're killing an innocent person.

Your later point makes sense.
I typically make a point (within the first two cases) to advocate adoption unless they want the child. I'm more for trying to get people to go to adoption because it's a much more kind and loving thing to do.

Bullypulpit said:
I'm merely throwing your own dogma back in your face.

Not my dogma. Im a catholic by virtue of going to 12 years of catholic school but i dont practice my faith as well as others. I believe in what i believe in. Throwing the dogma back in people's faces is justifying them in building a theocracy where the bible is law. So thats where i got that you wanted a theocracy.

Bullypulpit said:
The "will of the people" is a good thing when the people behave rationally. But when the "will of the people" becomes a tyranny of the majority, it must be tempered by the tools of government in the form of laws and courts and legislatures.

It was the "will of the people" that decreed the doctrine of "separate but equal" was just and fair and good when it was anything but. But the Supreme Court in "Brown v Board of Education" decided that the "will of the people" was unjust and unfair , definitely not good. Thus it overturned that inherently unjust set of laws spawned by that ill-concieved policy.

The "will of the people" is a wonderful thing when directed towards the good of all. But when it becomes a tool of demagogues, charlatans and poltroons on both sides of the aisle, as it has now become, it is a weapon of mass destruction.

The will of the peopla are behaving rationally. If we weren't we would be voting for your guys.

Forum List

Back