How Trump can deal with romneys third party threat

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
Once Trump secures the nomination then he can simply say that since the rep party is running a candidate against him he asks his supporters to "one shot" ballots meaning vote for him but leave all other races blank. There would be far more than enough people willing to do it that the rep party would be gone for good. Alot of rep candidates would be begging for no third party in that case.

By the way, i have no problem if the rep establishment does run against trump. My allegiance is to trump, NOT the rep party. My #1 goal is the election of Trump, but after that im quite cool with the total destruction of the party.

Im no fan of Cruz but i found Boners remarks disgusting. The rep party has become the party of a few billionaire donors. Too bad Cruz didnt reject them instead of rolling over to them. The rep party doesnt represent the people supporting Trump. Indeed, they represent maybe less than 1000 big money donors.

Once Trump secures the nomination then he can simply say that since the rep party is running a candidate against him he asks his supporters to "one shot" ballots meaning vote for him but leave all other races blank. There would be far more than enough people willing to do it that the rep party would be gone for good. Alot of rep candidates would be begging for no third party in that case.
Romney is not a third party threat. 0% chance he runs. Once Trump gets the nomination the rest of the republicans will line up behind him or hide quietly in the shadows

Mitt Romney will not run third party no matter what.

What could happen is if the GOP is hell bent on making Trump lose in November they could back ex-New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson seeing he is a Republican running on the Libertarian ticket.

There is no chance in hell Johnson would win but the Establishment of the GOP could pull the resources from Trump and dedicate it to Johnson which would be damn interesting if it were to happen.

Forum List

Back