How To?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
I haven't got photoshop, but there are a couple of fun make your own poster sites on the web. Likely hundreds, I suppose. I have tried both despair.com and slide.com, but even though I can make the poster, I can't get it to upload here.

Help?

• Banned
I can upload a photo onto slide.com, and then add a slogan etc. Once I save it, I get a html code for it, but if I use it here to add an image, it dun come through.

I cannot copy the image on slide to my own pictures, and I cannot forward it to my own email. So far, the only place I can view it is on slide, and just linking to it ain't funny enough.

Was kinda sorta hoping for a "poor man's photoshop", The Light. I'm a tight wad about buying programs, and I suspect photoshop is over my head, technically.

• Banned
Yes. When I right click, that option is not offered. I suspect slide has done something programming-wise to inhibit exports. Same damned thing on despair.com.

Yes, it is that they are using flash player so that you cannot copy it. There are ways around that but it isn't easy.

You can share the link like this...

Untitled by zu lu

but that doesn't really solve the save problem. I'll be thinking about it.

You know photoshop has a scaled back version called Photoshop Elements that doesn't cost as much?

• Banned
Seems the usual price is around $80. That's just too much for me, considering all I want it for is to aggravate people on USMB. I have a Paint program from Microsoft, and can use it to add slogans, etc. but the program is not all that user-friendly and the notion of uploading to a file sharing site makes me feel lazy.

Why can't I copy a flash thingie? Is there a work-around for that, The Light?

Well, directly grabbing the image doesn't work because they don't flatten the image. So, what you can do is Alt+ Printscreen and then paste it into Paint, crop the image and say "copy to..", from there you can either attach it to your next post or upload it to a file sharing site. Only thing is, this approach doesn't work for animated images.

Last edited:
Wow.
This thread is trippy and I know I'll think back on it the next time I can't figure out how to post a vid on Youtube.

Forum List

Back