How to Win the Thanksgiving Day Political "Conversation"

I'm just wondering what the fuck on this stuff... Our holiday conversations are about our vacations, our projects, and future plans, the latest car/snow machine/boat/fishing reel, or w/e we bought/tested out, new toys and gadgets/cellphones/etc. I can't actually say that we have /ever/ had a political debate of any sort over family dinner, not that it's forbidden or anything, just it's never come up... I think the closest we've ever come was about the war in the ME when Father lost some of his boys over there, and that was a prayer for their families so I don't think that counts. I mean maybe if you count Mr. Nelson, whom I call the most interesting man in the world, who recounts amazing stories from his worldly travels - he was a traveling priest and fell in love with traveling so he still globe trots and learns the most fascinating stuff you'd never know about, but there's no debate in there - it's mostly all of us raptly listening to his tales and exploits heh

Boss claims to be a "Psychologist". Maybe he had a daydream about being "Experimenter" Stanley Milgram and decided to see how much he could shock this group.

I was wrong a few days ago when I called you a phony. We don't call an actor a phony for playing his part in a play. The posts of yours I've seen are like mini-plays, this one's kind of a darker, meaner "August: Osage County", eh?. Is your leading role supposed to be a hyperbolic Donald Trump type or just an amalgamation of archetypically offensive right wing nut-jobs? You've over-written this role though, even you're not that big of an asshole. I think.

What is so "dark" about throwing mashed potatoes at someone? I don't get that. I mean, if I said the plan was to get up, go the closet and bring back my AK-47 to unleash havoc on the offending cousin... THAT would be dark, in my opinion... or maybe if I were planning to have a "special" dressing prepared for my ranting liberal cousin laced with cyanide... THAT would be dark. Throwing mashed potatoes is fairly innocuous.

It blows my mind how absolutely butt-hurt liberals seem to be over this thread. You're all flopping around on the ground in agony over the victimization of not being tolerated by your conservative family members during the holidays... just the thought of that unnerves you. No one wants to hear your shit anymore... we're tired of your over-dramatization and over-exaggerations. We're tired of this meandering sensationalizing of everything said by someone on the right and turned into something "dark" or untoward. Lighten the fuck up... it was SATIRE... you remember what that is, right? Samuel Clemens?

I'm just wondering what the fuck on this stuff... Our holiday conversations are about our vacations, our projects, and future plans, the latest car/snow machine/boat/fishing reel, or w/e we bought/tested out, new toys and gadgets/cellphones/etc. I can't actually say that we have /ever/ had a political debate of any sort over family dinner, not that it's forbidden or anything, just it's never come up... I think the closest we've ever come was about the war in the ME when Father lost some of his boys over there, and that was a prayer for their families so I don't think that counts. I mean maybe if you count Mr. Nelson, whom I call the most interesting man in the world, who recounts amazing stories from his worldly travels - he was a traveling priest and fell in love with traveling so he still globe trots and learns the most fascinating stuff you'd never know about, but there's no debate in there - it's mostly all of us raptly listening to his tales and exploits heh

Boss claims to be a "Psychologist". Maybe he had a daydream about being "Experimenter" Stanley Milgram and decided to see how much he could shock this group.

He's no more a psychologist or psychiatrist than a potted plant is.

Well... sorry I don't have a scanned digital copy of my BA in Psychology from the University of Alabama or I would post it to prove you're wrong. I am not a doctor and never claimed I was. I graduated in 1983 with a double-major in Psychology and Business. I've never really used my degree in Psychology professionally other than counselling on a volunteer basis. I just majored in it because I happened to like it and enjoyed learning about it.

But that's the whole thing about the Internet and message boards, anyone can claim anything and anyone can express doubt about any claim. I didn't say I was a psychologist to brag or fluff myself, it was simply an opening comment in a thread to convey where I am coming from... it's part of how normal people communicate all the time. It was parsed out by a liberal punk and paraded around like Ben Carson's West Point story... as if that makes any difference to anything. I don't give a damn if you or anyone else believes I have a degree in psychology. It doesn't bother me in the least, you're free to believe or not believe, I don't really care.

Well... sorry I don't have a scanned digital copy of my BA in Psychology from the University of Alabama or I would post it to prove you're wrong. I am not a doctor and never claimed I was. I graduated in 1983 with a double-major in Psychology and Business. I've never really used my degree in Psychology professionally other than counselling on a volunteer basis. I just majored in it because I happened to like it and enjoyed learning about it.

But that's the whole thing about the Internet and message boards, anyone can claim anything and anyone can express doubt about any claim. I didn't say I was a psychologist to brag or fluff myself, it was simply an opening comment in a thread to convey where I am coming from... it's part of how normal people communicate all the time. It was parsed out by a liberal punk and paraded around like Ben Carson's West Point story... as if that makes any difference to anything. I don't give a damn if you or anyone else believes I have a degree in psychology. It doesn't bother me in the least, you're free to believe or not believe, I don't really care.

Yet here you are commenting....sign of a weak sense of self that you need others to confirm what you (allegedly) know about yourself.

Yet here you are commenting....sign of a weak sense of self that you need others to confirm what you (allegedly) know about yourself.

Well I am commenting because it continues to be thrown in my face. That's not a weak anything, that's just a normal reaction from anyone who is being slandered by crapweasels.

Well I am commenting because it continues to be thrown in my face. That's not a weak anything, that's just a normal reaction from anyone who is being slandered by crapweasels.

That you care about the opinion of whom you regard as "crape weasels" is telling in and of itself shit brains.

That you care about the opinion of whom you regard as "crape weasels" is telling in and of itself shit brains.

Concern about what other people are saying about you is normal and healthy.

Actually having zero concern about what other people think, is more something a sociopath does.

I don't care... that's why I said, "I don't care!"

Once again, the militant liberals are rolling out the tactical assault for Thanksgiving Day with the family. They are instructing their warriors to take advantage of this opportunity of family gathering to promote the liberal agenda and bash conservatism. Complete with a list of tips and suggestions, they will undoubtedly be armed and ready for battle when you arrive for the annual feast.

Many conservatives are passive on this, preferring to keep their opinions to themselves and not be confrontational. It's sometimes easier to just bite your tongue and let your liberal relative get it out of their system so everyone can get back to watching football and planning Black Friday shopping sprees. Of course, the militant liberals are counting on this complacent behavior in hopes of making some headway pushing their agenda.

I have come up with a plan and I encourage all my fellow conservatives to help me spread the word. When you find yourself sitting at the table trying to enjoy the feast and your flaming liberal cousin starts ranting... quietly take your spoon and scoop up a nice clump of mashed potatoes and catapult them into their face without saying a word. If you've already eaten and you're sitting in the den when the "conversation" begins, quietly get up, go to the kitchen and get a glass of ice water. Approach the offending cousin casually and dump the water on their head as they are reeling off talking points. Finally, if you are already in the car travelling to the Black Friday sales and they start their rant... pull over, go around to their side, open the door and snatch them out by the hair of the head and leave them sitting on the side of the road.

No need for confrontation, no need to engage in pointless debate, no need to let them mess up a beautiful moment with your family. We do not have to tolerate this. I have found that, as juvenile as it sounds, a nice clump of mashed potatoes to the face is unexpected. They don't know how to deal with it. If they continue to rant, pummel them with dinner rolls until they shut the fuck up.

If we conservatives all stick together with this plan we can return civility to family holidays.

:tomato:
I have a couple of super libs on the wife's side of the family.
Sister in law and her daughter.
The daughter is a left wing loon of near Biblical proportions.
Last year at Thanksgiving I made her cry because she expected to be able to control the conversation. She was going on and on about the poor. I countered with the argument that while those who needed our assistance should get it, but those gaming the system should be kicked off the system. She would have none of it.
Once she started blubbering, her stupid boyfriend ( with which she has a child out of wedlock and the bum doesn't work except he claims to be on "security" at a "club"...)
Wanted to act like he was going to stick up for her. I told him he didn't like facts he was in the wrong place.
BTW, I was not the one that initiated the conversation.
Family or not, I don't take shit from anybody.
That's what's stupid about liberals. They think it's great people game the welfare system.

Once again, the militant liberals are rolling out the tactical assault for Thanksgiving Day with the family. They are instructing their warriors to take advantage of this opportunity of family gathering to promote the liberal agenda and bash conservatism. Complete with a list of tips and suggestions, they will undoubtedly be armed and ready for battle when you arrive for the annual feast.

Many conservatives are passive on this, preferring to keep their opinions to themselves and not be confrontational.
Well Bossy, there you go again! Mindlessly parroting the lies of your MessiahRushie. You CON$ervoFascists have been publishing lists to bash Liberals and promote Fascism during the Thanksgiving dinner for years, but when the shoe is on the other foot, the Fascists whine and cry like little babies.

November 25, 2015

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You know, stop and think. How insecure must today's liberals be to have to send out a little bunch of brown shirts to Thanksgiving dinner all over the country? I mean, that's what they're doing, all these advice pieces in the New York Times and the Washington Post and the DNC website on how to deal with these nutcase conservatives in your family. Little brown shirt propagandized.

END TRANSCRIPT

The Thanksgiving guide to making conservative arguments liberals can understand

The Thanksgiving guide to making conservative arguments liberals can understand

By TIMOTHY P. CARNEY (@TPCARNEY)•11/26/13

What a saack of shit and a horrible family person when youre so enraged over fucking politics youre going to start a fight at a dinner table? Just another lost sycophant

What a saack of shit and a horrible family person when youre so enraged over fucking politics youre going to start a fight at a dinner table? Just another lost sycophant

You gotta love the Fainting Goat Trick of the liberal left. They charge into battle with words as their sword and the shredded constitution as their shield and when they encounter the enemy... promptly fall to the ground and feign victim-hood. If they can't sucker punch or ambush by surprise, they curl up in fetal position and beg for pity and sympathy. SO sad!

Forum List

Back