How to Win the Heart of that Special Someone...

A dog or a cat, a pet, will love you unconditionally. Humans, I just don't think it's possible for them. We think too much. Whether or not anyone would be candid enough to admit it, we have conditions.

How to hold on to love? If it's true love, you shouldn't have to hold on to it. It will remain on it's own accord. If it's not true love, sooner or later something will ruin it because it was weak to begin with.

i disagree on human nature lacking in being capable to love unconditionally, under certain conditions! :D

It's alright to disagree... even though you agreed, 'under certain conditions'... :)

i know! i did end up agreeing! lol that;s why i grinned.

I have a fascination with Valentine's Day and with love in general. I loved the story of Snow White as a child...

Lust is easy to find, but love is so elusive that once you find it, you don't want to let it go.

How do you hold onto it?

Confining them in a secret bunker you've built under your house seemed to work for that Austrian guy.

Then you just wait for the Stockholm syndrome to kick in.

I have a fascination with Valentine's Day and with love in general. I loved the story of Snow White as a child...

Lust is easy to find, but love is so elusive that once you find it, you don't want to let it go.

How do you hold onto it?

Confining them in a secret bunker you've built under your house seemed to work for that Austrian guy.

Then you just wait for the Stockholm syndrome to kick in.

What is your success rate on this?

How do you hold onto it?

Honestly, when you find it political chic, you will know.

And there is no holding on to it, it's more like there is no separating from it...it's just there, forever for the both of you....

through sickness and through health and thru the good and bad....the disappointments.

You just know that no matter what gets thrown at ya, the two of you are ONE....

you hurt when they hurt, you are joyous when they are joyous, on both sides of the relationship....and it is not even something that has to be worked at, it just IS.

Do you let eachother down throughout your life together in various different ways? Sure, from time to time....

but none of that matters, and you know it doesn't matter, you know you will be there for each other because you are "in this" forever.... you truly have a better understanding of the two, becoming one.

Total submission of one another, to one another other....you don't work on that...it just happens, to the both of you and the sense of security that comes with that, is unable to be put in to words....

and as vulnerable of a position that may seem to put yourself in, it is what also allows you to grow in to ONE and give you that security that even if you flubbed up or your spouse flubs up it will be just a blip in the over all love story of you....the one unit of you.

One Love that is inseparable, forever....

Care

How do you hold onto it?

You can't, IMHO. Love is something that is given. It is a gift and all you can do is receive it. Trying to earn it destroys it.

How do you hold onto it?

You can't, IMHO. Love is something that is given. It is a gift and all you can do is receive it. Trying to earn it destroys it.

You don't believe in persistence?

If you were really in love with someone, would you give up that easily?

How do you hold onto it?

Think about it--if you have to jump through hoops to receive love what makes you think you won't have to do the same thing for the rest of your life ? What's so wrong with you that you need to constantly perform ? Is that love not conditional. After you receive love once do you get to stop jumping through hoops ?

How do you hold onto it?

If i knew in my heart of hearts that he loved me too, but just didn't know it yet.... :D, then of course i would work at knocking him upside of the head to see it....not through phony measures of making myself in to something that i think he would adore, but to make him see that he already adores me, as me! :)

What i spoke of above in my post, was about true love, that lasts forever after it was given to you....

not in search of it.

Care

Think about it--if you have to jump through hoops to receive love what makes you think you won't have to do the same thing for the rest of your life ? What's so wrong with you that you need to constantly perform ? Is that love not conditional. After you receive love once do you get to stop jumping through hoops ?

You're expecting love to do all the work. Sometimes, people need to be convinced.

You're expecting love to do all the work. Sometimes, people need to be convinced.

What do they need to be convinced of? That you are worthy ?

What about this scenario?

Two people are head-over-heels in-love. But alas, they have to deal with the realities of life. They are from different religious backgrounds and their parents, entire family, and even friends are opposed to the relationship. The man is willing to alienate himself from everyone he knows to be willing to be this woman. The woman on the otherhand, although realizing that she is in love this man, doesn't have the heart to divorce herself from her family.

If you were the man, what would you do? Remember she is your true love. :)

Two people are head-over-heels in-love. But alas, they have to deal with the realities of life. They are from different religious backgrounds and their parents, entire family, and even friends are opposed to the relationship. The man is willing to alienate himself from everyone he knows to be willing to be this woman. The woman on the otherhand, although realizing that she is in love this man, doesn't have the heart to divorce herself from her family.

Is the man disappointed that the woman won't sacrifice everything else for him ?

Is the man disappointed that the woman won't sacrifice everything else for him ?

He isn't dejected yet and still believes there is hope.

He isn't dejected yet and still believes there is hope.

What's in for him if the woman separates from everything else ?

Forum List

Back