How to Take Our Country Back From the Money Men who Fund the Tea Party

June Carbone: How to Take Our Country Back From the Money Men who Fund the Tea Party

The more bold the 'man behind the curtain' becomes, the better chance we have at identifying his game and shutting it down.

So much huffing and puffing from someone with a avi of Betty Boop.
:lol::eusa_hand:

Or you could just address the article, as opposed to attempting to shoot the messenger.

The messenger should be shot for bringing that tripe from Huffington post over here.
As for the article, I laughed my ass off over so I didn't feel much a need to comment on it. Except where they called people LESS EDUCATED, I found that to be sweet that is HOW THEY SEE PEOPLE..:lol:

Last edited:
So much huffing and puffing from someone with a avi of Betty Boop.
:lol::eusa_hand:

Or you could just address the article, as opposed to attempting to shoot the messenger.

The messenger should be shot for bringing that tripe from Huffington post over here.
As for the article, I laughed my ass off over so I didn't feel much a need to comment on it. Except where they called people LESS EDUCATED, I found that to be sweet that is HOW THEY SEE PEOPLE..:lol:

Or you can't comment on it?

"Less educated" isn't pejorative. It's quantitative. I am less educated then June Carbone who has a doctoral degree.

"Less educated" isn't pejorative. It's quantitative. I am less educated then June Carbone who has a doctoral degree.

There's a difference between "can't" and "won't"....

June Carbone is the Edward A. Smith/Missouri Chair of Law, the Constitution and Society at the University of Missouri at Kansas City. She previously served as Associate Dean for Professional Development and Presidential Professor of Ethics and the Common Good at Santa Clara University School of Law. She received her J.D. from the Yale Law School, and her A.B. from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University.

Professor Carbone writes extensively about the legal issues surrounding marriage, divorce and family obligations, especially within the context of the recent revolutions in biotechnology. Her book From Partners to Parents: The Second Revolution in Family Law was published by Columbia University Press in 2000. She has co-authored the third edition of Family Law (Aspen, 2005) with Leslie Harris and the late Lee Teitelbaum. Her new book with Naomi Cahn, Red Families v. Blue Families will be published by Oxford University Press in 2009.

At UMKC, she teaches Property, Family Law, Assisted Reproduction and Bioethics, and has previously taught Contracts, Remedies, Financial Institutions, Civil Procedure and Feminist Jurisprudence..

UMKC School of Law

"Educated" is not synonymous with "intelligent".

Isn't it fascinating that the liberal Democrat Parody answer to dealing with the Tea Party is to see what they can do to "get" its "funding" in order to silence their opposition?

"Educated" is not synonymous with "intelligent".

I agree, and I don't think the article ever made any claims to the contrary.

June Carbone is the Edward A. Smith/Missouri Chair of Law, the Constitution and Society at the University of Missouri at Kansas City. She previously served as Associate Dean for Professional Development and Presidential Professor of Ethics and the Common Good at Santa Clara University School of Law. She received her J.D. from the Yale Law School, and her A.B. from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University.

Professor Carbone writes extensively about the legal issues surrounding marriage, divorce and family obligations, especially within the context of the recent revolutions in biotechnology. Her book From Partners to Parents: The Second Revolution in Family Law was published by Columbia University Press in 2000. She has co-authored the third edition of Family Law (Aspen, 2005) with Leslie Harris and the late Lee Teitelbaum. Her new book with Naomi Cahn, Red Families v. Blue Families will be published by Oxford University Press in 2009.

At UMKC, she teaches Property, Family Law, Assisted Reproduction and Bioethics, and has previously taught Contracts, Remedies, Financial Institutions, Civil Procedure and Feminist Jurisprudence..

UMKC School of Law

All together NOW..

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I take it we are supposed to impressed.:lol:

"At the same time, they are engaged in a wholesale initiative to make it harder to vote."

Actually what they are "engaged in" is an attempt to make it harder for people to perpetuate voter fraud by requiring valid ID.

Oh My God!!! The horror! You mean that people are going to be FORCED to prove that they are in fact voting in a legal manner? Those heartless BASTARDS!

You get more amusing by the day Betty...quoting Keith Olberman? Really?

June Carbone: How to Take Our Country Back From the Money Men who Fund the Tea Party

Roosevelt Institute Senior Fellow and New Deal 2.0 pundit Thomas Ferguson, a political scientist at U Mass, Boston, documents the effective sale of Congress to special interests. The congressmen who raked consumer advocate and should-be populist hero Elizabeth Warren over the coals were the paid shills of the big banks she was willing to confront. Membership on financial services committees is now the product of the right campaign contributions. While public outrage may have led to the passage of the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill, it did nothing to contain the alliance of lobbyists and business friendly Republicans (along with more than a few Democrats) working overtime to water it down and block its implementation.

In the meantime, the Republicans have launched a campaign to rig the political system. Their campaign against unions is a campaign against the last remaining source of institutional support for Democrats. At the same time, they are engaged in a wholesale initiative to make it harder to vote. Who is most likely to be affected by these measures? The answer is clear: the poor, the young, the less educated, recent immigrants, in short, those mostly likely to be Democrats and most likely to be the victims of tea party budget cuts.

The more bold the 'man behind the curtain' becomes, the better chance we have at identifying his game and shutting it down.

The bigger question is... Who are the men behind the curtain telling him what to do?
We get them... We win forever.

Blues

New Topics

Forum List

Back