How to spot a Republican:

The wingnut version was the one quoted in the OP.

The "Republican" version was something like this (although it too got updated):

A woman in a hot-air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below.
She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I
don't know where I am."
The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.
"She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."
"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"
"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct. But I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."
The man smiled and responded, "You must be an Obama Democrat."
"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"
"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going.. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it's my fault."

That makes no sense. Why would anyone think that the member of a party that rejects evolution and science, and thinks the universe is 5000 years old, would know about latitude and longitude and altitude?

The GOP does not reject any of those things. Your mindless reliance on dishonest stereotypes distinguishes you as one of the less intelligent liberoidal idiots.

In the last presidential primaries, none of the republican contenders believed in evolution.

Q. What's the difference between President Obama giving a speech and a cardboard cutout of President Obama giving a speech?

A. The cardboard cutout looks at the camera instead of the teleprompter.

:lol:

Funny AND true.

Q. What will the difference be between President Obama and Karl Marx?

A. Karl Marx had way more experience.

That makes no sense. Why would anyone think that the member of a party that rejects evolution and science, and thinks the universe is 5000 years old, would know about latitude and longitude and altitude?

The GOP does not reject any of those things. Your mindless reliance on dishonest stereotypes distinguishes you as one of the less intelligent liberoidal idiots.

In the last presidential primaries, none of the republican contenders believed in evolution.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Another wingnut has been reduced to cursing

I accept your surrender

You are the wingnut, and bullshit is just a barnyard epithet.

And what you posted is bullshit.

Since you found it necessary to make-up such bullshit, you lost before you even began.

I happily recognize your defeat.

I work with engineers. They are all conservatives.

For someone who claims to be all science-y, you sure do bitterly cling to that unscientific poll. :lol:

I work with software engineers and managers in the financial field. It's a mixed bag. I find that managers are mostly center right..or apolitical (but you will find the most conservative leaners, here). Engineers are all over the place. But most of them I find to be liberatarian or liberal. Admins are mostly liberal...with smatterings of liberatarians and conservatives.

528-52.gif

6% of scientists.

I suspect for engineers, the numbers are probably similar. I've never met a Republican engineer.

Managers? Now many of those are probably Republicans. I don't see Republicans having a problem firing anyone or taking advantage. I think it may be part of their Party Platform, I'm not sure.

On The Hill: Unions, Engineers Welcome Obama's $50 Billion Infrastructure Plan -- GOP, Not So Much

Engineers Welcome Obama's $50 Billion Infrastructure Plan -- GOP, Not So Much

Support for President Obama's proposal to spend $50 billion to create American jobs by repairing roads and other U.S. infrastructure came from various quarters Monday. Not surprisingly, however, a top Washington Republican immediately opposed the plan.

The civil engineering profession and the unions that played host to Obama's Labor Day announcement are among those to voice approval for the president's strategy to boost the sagging U.S. economy through a large infrastructure expenditure.

For someone who claims to be all science-y, you sure do bitterly cling to that unscientific poll. :lol:

"Unscientific Poll" from PEW Research? You're crazy.

I've heard many Republicans insist that there are lots of Republican scientists and engineers. I just don't understand why they say that?

The Republicans are the most anti science group I've ever heard from. Seriously, look at their positions on "climate change" and look how many want to teach the "alternative" to evolution. What does that tell you? Seriously, what does that tell you?

Think it through. You can't point to a group that doesn't believe in science or what scientists have to say and then insist that many of them ARE scientists. It's bullshit.

528-72.gif

Besides, look at the reason many become scientists. It ain't the money. If it ain't the money, how likely is it for Republicans to be interested?

That's just common sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
528-52.gif

6% of scientists.

I suspect for engineers, the numbers are probably similar. I've never met a Republican engineer.

Managers? Now many of those are probably Republicans. I don't see Republicans having a problem firing anyone or taking advantage. I think it may be part of their Party Platform, I'm not sure.

On The Hill: Unions, Engineers Welcome Obama's $50 Billion Infrastructure Plan -- GOP, Not So Much

Support for President Obama's proposal to spend $50 billion to create American jobs by repairing roads and other U.S. infrastructure came from various quarters Monday. Not surprisingly, however, a top Washington Republican immediately opposed the plan.

The civil engineering profession and the unions that played host to Obama's Labor Day announcement are among those to voice approval for the president's strategy to boost the sagging U.S. economy through a large infrastructure expenditure.

I've heard many Republicans insist that there are lots of Republican scientists and engineers. I just don't understand why they say that?

The Republicans are the most anti science group I've ever heard from. Seriously, look at their positions on "climate change" and look how many want to teach the "alternative" to evolution. What does that tell you? Seriously, what does that tell you?

Think it through. You can't point to a group that doesn't believe in science or what scientists have to say and then insist that many of them ARE scientists. It's bullshit.

528-72.gif

Besides, look at the reason many become scientists. It ain't the money. If it ain't the money, how likely is it for Republicans to be interested?

what you fail at in your poll data is that the poll was NOT a random sample of scientists, it was a very specific group of scientists
pro AGW ones
not hard to believe that only 6% of PRO AGW scientists would be republicans

I work with software engineers and managers in the financial field. It's a mixed bag. I find that managers are mostly center right..or apolitical (but you will find the most conservative leaners, here). Engineers are all over the place. But most of them I find to be liberatarian or liberal. Admins are mostly liberal...with smatterings of liberatarians and conservatives.
The engineers I work with are military or retired military. You know, the kind of people whose absentee ballots Democrats don't like to count.

528-52.gif

6% of scientists.

528-72.gif

Y'know, pointing to your irrational hatred as proof of your assertions only proves that you're irrational.

As if we needed more proof. :lol:

In wingnut world, one shows ones' respect for science by rejecting scientific polls and scientific findings.

In wingnut world, one shows ones' respect for science by rejecting scientific polls and scientific findings.
yeah, because any poll can be made to say anything you want

you prove once again you are a moron

But Creationism is OK in wingnut world. Polls can be made to say anything, but Creationism is The Absolute Truth

Just a couple of the many ways wingnuts show their high regard for science:lol:

But Creationism is OK in wingnut world. Polls can be made to say anything, but Creationism is The Absolute Truth

Just a couple of the many ways wingnuts show their high regard for science:lol:
again, you show yourself to be a fucking moron

Forum List

Back